Potential Psycho?? //

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  AmyL    On:  Mon 19th September, 2005 at 16:27
AmyL
Manchester
#1  Potential Psycho??  19 Sep '05 at 16:27
Last season in Courchevel i met a guy in New Year week who was on holiday but was not one of our guests. We got on really well and I met up with him every night of his holiday (and stayed at his chalet one night) that was up until new years eve. He wanted to meet up with me but I was still wanting to get to know all my new workmates and the whole novelty of the new season etc so i was really mean and told him I was seeing in the new year in 1850 when i was really in 1650 (where we had met and where his chalet was). So I was in space bar in 1650 and pulled a guy I worked with when this other guy came in and went a bit mad, which was fair enough i was totally mean but V V drunk not that its any excuse for my meaness! Anyway, he calmed a bit and went off to another bar and i met him the next day for a drink and to apologise and he seemed ok, then he left the day after so I never saw him again, we text a few times but then kind of stopped. Anyway all season I was thinking about him because i did really like him and regretted what I had done so I was plucking up the courage to text him again, then i broke my mobile so i lost his number! (stick with me this will soon be over!)
Anyway, to cut a long story a liitle bit shorter! I got it mended finally last week and found his number and in a moment of madness text saying remember me!! He replied saying of course and we text each other over the weekend lots and he has invited up to his for a weekend in October. I want to go but part of me is worried because even though I think I know him I don't really!He is a teacher and that put me a little at ease thinking he must be quite sensible and of sound mind until a work mate reminded me shipman was a doctor! What should I do, I really liked him and want to see him again, its too far for us to meet for just one day (Bolton to Glasgow) but would it be stupid for me to say I will go for the weekend?
Can't help but think I really p!ssed him off on NYE and he may be seeking revenge, I don't want to end up under his patio!!!
If you have managed to make it this far and I've not bored you to death, anyone had similar experience in the past or any advice???
         Jump to Top
big white lines
Leicester
#2  Re: Potential Psycho??  19 Sep '05 at 16:36
being my second post i'm sure my point isnt that valid, but being a bloke myself i would say that most men arent psychos! Its more often women who have psycho thoughts!

Any male views to back me up?!

I reckon go and see what happens. If not you'll always wonder!
         Jump to Top
Rachett
#3  Re: Potential Psycho??  19 Sep '05 at 16:44
Course you gotta go, i mean, he could have thought you were psycho for texting him like 9 months later!!!!!

Just make sure you have your own accomodation and some frinds/parents or someone know where you are and that you stay contactable. Most people aren't crazy.... just the odd few!
You may only be young once........... but you can be immature forever!
         Jump to Top
Sammyq22
Je deteste Surrey
#4  Re: Potential Psycho??  19 Sep '05 at 17:21
I am a psycho. My advice don't go.
         Jump to Top
Bags
London
#5  Re: Potential Psycho??  19 Sep '05 at 17:31
If he's hot then go! Hot, unattached men are hard to find in this world, so what does it matter if he's a bit loopy?

Seriously though, I suspect his reaction was simply Male Pride as opposed to Christian Bale-inspired lunacy and therefore to be expected. And anyway, I guess he would've been more likely to bump you off in the Alps rather than back at home, if he was that way inclined.

I say go for it, agree with telling people where you going etc, but Glasgow is apparently rather a nice place, so a dirty weekend away could be muchos fun...
"I am a very good skier...in my mind. However, video evidence suggests that I'm rubbish. I look like a bus driver in a primary-coloured anorak, sitting on an imaginary lavatory. Also I can only turn right. So to mask my embarrassment, and the pain in my thighs, I ski only when very drunk. I can recommend this wholeheartedly." Jeremy Clarkson
         Jump to Top
rodent
From Vail back to London
#6  Re: Potential Psycho??  19 Sep '05 at 17:34
gotta go and see what happens!! Might regret it if not!!!

Would try and find a back up place to stay if poss tho!!!!

(PS white line person - EVERY POST is valid - you just aren't as warped yet so could be MORE valid!!!!)
         Jump to Top
WTFH
Surrey
#7  Re: Potential Psycho??  19 Sep '05 at 17:54

Originally posted by Bags

Hot, unattached men are hard to find in this world, so what does it matter if he's a bit loopy?

I love it when you talk about me.
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
the_chocoholic
La Clusaz
#8  Re: Potential Psycho??  19 Sep '05 at 18:04
I'd go, but at the same time, I'd be prepared so that I felt safe.

For example, one of my mates in London had this great method if one of us met a guy and left with him (she's very protective of us). She'd make the guy show some identification, and she'd type his name, address and phone number into her phone. It might sound a bit dramatic, but if a guy really is as nice as you expect him to be, he won't care (he'll just think you've got a crazy mate who asks for the info in a very girly, sweet, innocent-yet-matter-of-fact way!). She'd also make a point of calling us the next morning to make sure we were okay.

Maybe not the solution for you, but you could leave all his details (name, address, phone number) with a few people, and get one to call you soon after your expected arrival time, and one the next day to make sure you're okay. They have to be able to ask you "yes" "no" questions in case you're in trouble (I learnt this when hitching to Lyon from 3V and was a bit worried when the absolutely gorgeous French guy started asking me if I wanted to pull in to a park for a while and that he really liked me. God damn it, if he hadn't have been so damn forward, he wouldn't have freaked me out and we would have lived happily ever after).

Errr, anyway, it's something very easy to do if you're nervous.
         Jump to Top
Geekychick
Bristol. Again.
#9  Re: Potential Psycho??  20 Sep '05 at 09:00
I agree with choco! But remember if you dont go you're doing another season anyway where hopefully it will be fittys ahoy! (unless you end up in a La Rosiere situation where there was 1 bloke to every 12 million women!) Go for it, just make sure everyone knows where you are and if you already know someone in Glasgow then let them know as well. Or could he not visit you?
         Jump to Top
AmyL
Manchester
#10  Re: Potential Psycho??  20 Sep '05 at 11:46
Thanks for the words of wisdom everyone!
Think I will drive not get the train in case a speedy getaway is needed!
Probably worrying for nothing and it will will all be fine but better safe than sorry!!!
He can't really come to mine as I live with the parents!
Geeky if you were free and single I would say get over to Courchevel there are about 8 men to every one lady its brill!!
Will let you all know how it goes!
         Jump to Top
Geekychick
Bristol. Again.
#11  Re: Potential Psycho??  20 Sep '05 at 11:56
He'll probably expect sex.
         Jump to Top
AmyL
Manchester
#12  Re: Potential Psycho??  20 Sep '05 at 12:48
So do I!
I'll call him a pre-season warm up!!!
         Jump to Top
Geekychick
Bristol. Again.
#13  Re: Potential Psycho??  20 Sep '05 at 13:40
Oh amy! You look so innocent.

Good girl!!!!!!
         Jump to Top
WTFH
Surrey
#14  Re: Potential Psycho??  20 Sep '05 at 13:51

Originally posted by Geekychick

Oh amy! You look so innocent.

Yup, they are the ones to look out for!
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
AmyL
Manchester
#15  Re: Potential Psycho??  20 Sep '05 at 13:54
They are indeed, its always the quiet ones!
         Jump to Top

Next >
Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview
- Do you need a Food Hygiene Certificate for Chalet