phone unlocking //

< Prev
Author
  Topic Started By:  arcticmonkey    On:  Fri 4th December, 2009 at 17:43
arcticmonkey
#22  Re: phone unlocking  4 Dec '09 at 20:48

Originally posted by techmonkey

Ah well in that case you probably can't. With some phones the network data is encoded on a separate chip and conventional methods of cracking it don't work so only the operator can do it.

How much will they give you for them locked?

The amount I said. That's also why I can't sell them because the recipient will have to get them unlocked. I hope you enjoyed my phone-based wordplay.
         Jump to Top
arcticmonkey
#24  Re: phone unlocking  4 Dec '09 at 21:10

Originally posted by arcticmonkey

Ah well in that case you probably can't. With some phones the network data is encoded on a separate chip and conventional methods of cracking it don't work so only the operator can do it.

How much will they give you for them locked?

The amount I said. That's also why I can't sell them because the recipient will have to get them unlocked. I hope you enjoyed my phone-based wordplay.

I thought you had quoted the price for them unlocked.

there's no option to specify that.
         Jump to Top
arcticmonkey
#26  Re: phone unlocking  4 Dec '09 at 22:44

Originally posted by elvis

T-Mobile provided me with an unlock code for my N95 once my contract had expired. I had to call and ask and wait 24 hours or so and there was an admin fee, I think it was about £15. Certainly worth it to have the N95 as a backup phone. I've put a PAYG sim in it now, and my mum had it when she was out here. Of course, she didn't have a clue how to use it and never answered, but that's not the point, is it?

To be honest, I'd quite like to run over my N95 with a monster truck.

I had one when I joined t-mobile (the heathens), it never worked correctly, turned itself off, told me I had messages, wouldnt do anything I actually wanted it to do. They replaced it with a motorola brick 4 times as I repeatedly had to take it in to the store. Eventually they sent me a new one and that went mental all the time too. They then sent me the n79.

I hate t-mobile with a great great passion.
         Jump to Top
eldubbug
#27  Re: phone unlocking  4 Dec '09 at 23:12

Originally posted by K2D

Originally posted by eldubbug

On a similar note, I just bought myself a snazzy new phone to replace the one that turns itself off at inopportune moments, with the plan of getting it unlocked to use in the next country I find myself in. Thing is, I'm either being really dense or it doesn't appear to have a place to put a sim card. It works, so I assume it must have one, but I can't work out how to take it out, or even where it is. Any clues? Is it possible that it's not removable? That's never something I've thought to ask when buying a phone.

Buggers, you're the proud owner of a CDMA phone best suited to use in large countries such as Canadia. It doesn't need a SIM card because all the data is held by the network, not on the phone itself. So, if you lose said phone it's not the end of the world because all your numbers are stored safely somewhere else.

However, it is also unlikely to work back in Europe because of the lack of signal that is needed for it to work.

You might be able to 'roam' so far as the US but it will be at the behest of the Canadian network and you will pay a lot for the privilege.

AM, looks like you're gonna have to find someone who isn't the network itself to unlock it.

Dang. Should have done a bit more research on that one. Oh well, spangly phone that works for 5 months, then I'll have a spangly phone that I can carry around and show off and use the ratty one that switches off when I need to actually do anything.
         Jump to Top
ATOMIC bomb
Formerly Clitheroe, now Grindelwald
#28  Re: phone unlocking  5 Dec '09 at 09:24
I had my N95 unlocked a couple of weeks ago. Just took it to a market stall in the market hall of my nearest town, left it overnight and paid £15. Now have a decent phone that will work in Switzerland.
Altitude Ski & Snowboard School Grindelwald and Wengen
www.altitude-grindelwald.com / www.altitude-wengen.com
         Jump to Top
arcticmonkey
#29  Re: phone unlocking  5 Dec '09 at 11:28
Im going to get rid of the 95 and keep the 79. Then Im going to get a deal with a crap phone, swap the sim and get a free wii, wii fit and wii sport. wahoo!
         Jump to Top
flibdong
Leamington Spa / Morzine
#30  Re: phone unlocking  5 Dec '09 at 18:18

Im going to get rid of the 95 and keep the 79. Then Im going to get a deal with a crap phone, swap the sim and get a free wii, wii fit and wii sport. wahoo!

... And then play on the wii for about 5 days, realise its actually really boring unless you have 3 other friends to play anything with, and sell it for less money!

(what happened to me )
pow pow pow.
         Jump to Top
arcticmonkey
#31  Re: phone unlocking  5 Dec '09 at 18:22

Originally posted by flibdong

... And then play on the wii for about 5 days, realise its actually really boring unless you have 3 other friends to play anything with, and sell it for less money!

(what happened to me )

hmmm, I thought that may happen. Also, I'm not really a gamer....not in any way. I asked tmobile and they said theyd unlock it for 15 quid. Then I think I'll get a sim only deal as they seem much better value and they dont tie you in for as long.

Thanks for stopping me make a stupid decision...I see the words 'free gift' and I'm anybody's!
         Jump to Top
rak1v07
#33  Re: phone unlocking  5 Dec '09 at 21:07
Sorry if this has already been suggested, but if you happen to live anywhere shitty and depressing enough to have a weekly market in town (which generally means seaside faded glamour type vibe), then you're guaranteed a stall there that will unlock your phone for a tenner or less. They'll look dodgy but it will work. I've used the bloke in Worthing (W. Sussex) twice, worked both times.
         Jump to Top
flibdong
Leamington Spa / Morzine
#34  Re: phone unlocking  5 Dec '09 at 22:46
Also a place in leamington in the shopping center there that should be able to do it, i seem to remember you saying you shop there sometimes!
And if you do, then come in to two seasons and say hello as im working there till tuesday :P
pow pow pow.
         Jump to Top
the_enquirer
Courchevel
#35  Re: phone unlocking  6 Dec '09 at 09:39
I would recommend a think called a turbo sim. It's a little pcb which fits on your french sim and it unlocks any phone without any codes etc. Loads on sale on ebay for about 1-2 pounds.
from the desk of the Courchevel Enquirer

https://www.courchevelenquirer.com
http://150dow.courchevelenquirer.com
www.my-courchevel.co.uk
www.my-tignes.co.uk
         Jump to Top
sandgroper61
London
#36  Re: phone unlocking  7 Dec '09 at 00:00
I went to an O2 store, bought a payg phone for £99 inc £20 credit, used the credit to make random phone calls to people who didn't need or know my usual number, then replaced the sim with my previous O2 sim with my regular number. Phone already unlocked so simply swap out that sim for my US one (T-mobile, but it seems ok over here and buying $100 of credit guarantees keeping the number for at least a year - ie, I don't lose it over summer so my business cards don't have to be changed).
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

=============================

The difference between a cult and a religion: in a cult, there is someone at the top who knows it's a scam. In a religion, that person is dead.
         Jump to Top
Magnus
#2  Re: phone unlocking  26 Nov '13 at 05:52
What's your mobile phone and model number?
If you want to unlock your Blackberry mobile phone from the network lock,I would suggest you to get an unlock code from UnBBlock.com at low price.Or if it is other mobile phone,get an unlock code from Simpleunlocking.com at reasonable price.
         Jump to Top

< Prev
Latest Posts
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort
- How do you get a job?
- Accommodation Le La
- Childcare position Val d'Isere
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort