Author
  Topic Started By:  sethboy    On:  Tue 29th November, 2005 at 10:09
moj
#18  Re: one for all you mono fans...  7 Dec '05 at 18:21

Originally posted by

still hugely popular in Europe

hmmmmm

Originally posted by toiletduck

Alright, I'd like to say that all eople with 3 letter forum names beginning with M, who've been heli skiing in NZ are twats with the social skills of a dead horse and should probably be banned from the internet in general, as well as sharp objects.
         Jump to Top
sethboy
Ecosse
#19  Re: one for all you mono fans...  8 Dec '05 at 21:47
Description should read as follows:-
The Art of Mono still has an intense homosexual following-wear yours with pride to the Les Toussuire 2006 International Gay and Lesbian Ski Week. Dazzle everyone with your 80's flairs, twisters, backscratchers, 'helicopters and general disco biscuit fueled hot-dogging. Brothers of the Mono fraternity may only commence the Art of Mono wearing a pink headband, Oakley Blades(or if your rich RayBan Aviators), vaguely shiny Neon Mono(one piece)Suit, White Raichle boots, Lilac Poles and some neon Sun Block(So This Year Sweetie). Remember to zip low honey, show all the boys you're well groomed chest wig (or 'The Chig') and dont forget to stride your Mono with pride to the Apres bar for a Campari and Orange and a little table dancing. Yeah Piggy...
NoThInG Is ImPoSsIbLe YoU aRe OnLy LiMiTeD bY fEaR aNd EvEn ThAt CaN bE oVeRcOmE...
         Jump to Top
layzeeboy
Hirafu, Japan.
#20  Re: one for all you mono fans...  9 Dec '05 at 09:59
Look, don't diss the monos!! It's all just a bit of (entirely straight and very masculine) fun

Saying that, I've heard tell that Seth is feeling that his backcountry madness isn't mad enough and is trying it all on a mono. McKonkey started it with his mono backflip in Focused and now Seths gonna raise the bar (and release a pro model mono of course).
Anything worth doing is worth getting hurt for

www.jameswinfield.tumblr.com
         Jump to Top
joesno
#21  Re: one for all you mono fans...  9 Dec '05 at 11:43
Loughborough Sno are up for a bit of mono at the KINGS finals! Our Race Captain (Mr. Von Mitzlaff-Laeisz) actually skis with his legs so close together he would suit a better than two planks!

Wasn't there a team a few years ago that entered on monos @ KINGS finals? or did i just hear a vicious rumour!?

Personally though I reckon we should have a one off MONO-CROSS at KINGS.... time to get shopping for one eh!
everything looks better when you're upside down...
         Jump to Top
layzeeboy
Hirafu, Japan.
#22  Re: one for all you mono fans...  9 Dec '05 at 16:27
Southampton did it last year!! I wasn't involved though

I'll pass on the challenge to the relevant authorities.

BRING IT ON!!!!!

Jump to Top
puddles
#23  Re: one for all you mono fans...  22 Dec '05 at 13:19
VIVE LE MONO!!!

i hope it never dies!!

although i prefer a bit of the old telemarking...
         Jump to Top
layzeeboy
Hirafu, Japan.
#24  Re: one for all you mono fans...  26 Dec '05 at 16:24
Ahhhhh, the monos got busted out for a bit in Val T, combined with some extremly tasteful onesies, me and my mate were legends (even if I do say so myself ).

Skiing down from the restaurant battered proved difficult as I had little or no coordination and my monos din was set to about 4, which is so loose that I can pop out by leaning forward

I then overshot my hotel and had to climb up what at the time seemed like a cliff but was in fact just a fairly steep slope.

Vive le Mono :number1:

Jump to Top
Jan
Aus/NZ
#25  Re: one for all you mono fans...  26 Dec '05 at 16:34
Sold for over £150

I sold my v-pro's for just £40!?
www.chuters.co.uk
         Jump to Top
layzeeboy
Hirafu, Japan.
#26  Re: one for all you mono fans...  26 Dec '05 at 16:45
That is pretty crazy, I payed £200 for my V-pros and £20 for my mono though so not everyone is as mental as ebay clearly is!

Jump to Top
the_chocoholic
La Clusaz
#27  Re: one for all you mono fans...  26 Dec '05 at 17:47
So, I just picked up my skis from seasons ago prior to major knee injury and am now wondering if I should ebay them. Is there a market for a pair of very good condition antiques? I even left too much wax on the bases and edges to preserve them!

They're a pair of Rossignol Viper C (with the latest VAS technology of the time!). 193cm. Ride those babies!!
         Jump to Top
thesis.avoider
Portsmouth (the nice bit - yes there is one)
#28  Re: one for all you mono fans...  29 Dec '05 at 18:41
Well, joemunro, Luffbra Monos - like Southampton - would have to legitimately qualify to race at finals (not sure what that says about the rest of the L&S league that that happened last year...!) BUT you'd be more than welcome at Collegiates. Maybe even for a bit of Big Air?! Now that's an extreme sport...
         Jump to Top
layzeeboy
Hirafu, Japan.
#29  Re: one for all you mono fans...  6 Jan '06 at 16:32
Fucking hell, my mono is a death trap!!

I took it out dressed in a onesy in Val Thorens for a mountain meal, it was hard enough to do on the way down to the restaurant whilst sober. My bindings were on a ridiculosly low din so whenever turning was messed up even slightly (this happened frequently) the mono and I parted company, ouch. Unsuprisingly, getting absolutly wasted did not help the skills and what I can remember of the journey down was not smooth! ops:

Still gonna take it up to the king series (when/if it happens again) for a go though, will be funny if nothing else.

Jump to Top
joesno
#30  Re: one for all you mono fans...  9 Jan '06 at 18:26
heeeeeyyy am currently in verbier for a bit and went out on the mono the other day, it was unreal! took it into thepark and even hit a rail, well up for collegiates.

sod qualifying for kings... ill just renegade it, remember, nobodoy can stop the mono. rock and rolll
everything looks better when you're upside down...
         Jump to Top

< Prev
Latest Posts
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort
- How do you get a job?
- Accommodation Le La
- Childcare position Val d'Isere
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort