Oh my God, I'm so excited! //

Author
  Topic Started By:  paDsy    On:  Sun 19th May, 2013 at 10:06
paDsy
Hampshire, UK
#1  Oh my God, I'm so excited!  19 May '13 at 10:06
My wife and I are looking at (trying to...) work in Val d'Isere this coming season. We've applied to a few companies that seem to have a decent reputation (for staff as well as guests). Well, last week we had a request for an interview! We are so stoked! I know it's not an offer of a place, but it's a step in the right direction.

Being a married couple in our early 30's we weren't sure how well we would be received, especially as we've never worked a winter season before! Right now we are going mad in the kitchen, practicing every dish on the menu we submitted... and getting fatter tasting it all

Just wanted to let people know how excited we are... I don't think I've been excited about a winter season this early in the year before!

Come on 2013/14 in Val d'Isere!
"That's why I like snowboarding, it's just you, the mountain and your homies, lifes problems can wait till later" - Torstein
         Jump to Top
SophieV
#2  Re: Oh my God, I'm so excited!  23 Oct '13 at 13:50
Thats awesome! Good for you guys! I have just finalised a job in Megeve. On the end of my UK visa so thought why the hell the not. My first season too, a bit scared but hoping I can get everything organised to have an awesome season!
         Jump to Top
SnowboardNut
Bristol / Meribel
#3  Re: Oh my God, I'm so excited!  23 Oct '13 at 18:28
Congrats and good luck, and if you have any food left over send it my way!!!

Add me on FB if you want contacts over there.....

snowboardnutt@gmail.com

This is my first season too and believe me the excitement has hit all time highs, just wish i could calm down enough to sleep at night!! 6 working days until i get there
         Jump to Top
thx
Doncaster / Courchevel 1650
#4  Re: Oh my God, I'm so excited!  24 Oct '13 at 09:21
In reply to SnowboardNut (Post #3)
Your going out crazy early! What you doing in Meribel?
"The reality is, they're just ordinary blokes."
         Jump to Top
SnowboardNut
Bristol / Meribel
#5  Re: Oh my God, I'm so excited!  27 Oct '13 at 18:14
In reply to thx (Post #4)
Setting up for the season for a transport / chalet companyt and prepping everything for when the drivers arrive 89 hours and 29 minutes!!!
         Jump to Top
BelledeNeige
#6  Re: Oh my God, I'm so excited!  27 Oct '13 at 18:29
CONGRATS GUYS! Best decision you've ever made. Coming to a season a bit later in life means you get so much more out of it - much more than the Irksome Blonde 18 Year Olds who are just there to accumulate veneral diseases!

A word of advice tho - don't work too hard ;oP You're there to ski, not be bled dry by a tour operator. And they will take you for all you're worth. You are there to ski. If you don't do enough skiing you'll get miserable.

Not to shamelessly self-promote - but I think you guys might really enjoy my blog!
Chalet Girl, up mountain, bringing you tales of catastrophe, sex and squalor from the Alpine Underbelly.

http://belledeneige.blogspot.co.uk/
         Jump to Top
SnowboardNut
Bristol / Meribel
#7  Re: Oh my God, I'm so excited!  27 Oct '13 at 18:56
In reply to BelledeNeige (Post #6)
While we're on the subject of blogs, Belle, I'd be interested in your thoughts on this...

Snowboardnuts Blog
         Jump to Top
Belle de Neige
#8  Re: Oh my God, I'm so excited!  27 Oct '13 at 19:47
In reply to SnowboardNut (Post #7)
It's great! Would love to know what your job is. Sounds great!

Probably a bit more practical and balanced than my crazed rantings.

Don't sacrifice any snow time at the alter of blogging and keep your anonymity intact. Will allow u to be more frank!

Have fun!
Chalet Girl. Up Mountain. Bringing you tales of catastrophe, sex and squalor from the Alpine Underbelly

BLOG: http://belledeneige.blogspot.co.uk/
         Jump to Top
SnowboardNut
Bristol / Meribel
#9  Re: Oh my God, I'm so excited!  27 Oct '13 at 20:06
In reply to Belle de Neige (Post #8)
I'm loving your blog and your frankness!!

I've read a fair few blogs by people who have traveled or gone through an experience like Ski Seasons and alike but yours tickles me no end, the anonymity is the gateway to frankness, the problem is too many of my real world friends, colleagues and associates know about it so it's risky for me to say too much, but then to the wider world they don't. I might experiment with that!!

My job, are you referring to current role or the one I'm heading for?! People keep telling me I'm mad giving up a healthy 5 figure salary to go and earn peanuts in the snow, My response....... "You're mad for not doing it"

Definitely not spending too much time at the alter of blogging, there's no point in writing about something if you can't experience because you're writing about it!
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort
- How do you get a job?
- Accommodation Le La
- Childcare position Val d'Isere