nightlife? //

Author
  Topic Started By:  Sophie Louise Lavin366    On:  Tue 23rd October, 2007 at 20:15
Sophie Louise Lavin366
blah
#1  nightlife?  23 Oct '07 at 20:15
hi kids!
well i'm looking into doing my first ski season this winter, have applied for a gazillion jobs over the last few days and got my first interview coming up next week..yay!
i've never skied or anything before but am looking forward to attempting to learn (to board i hope cos it looks cooler/more fun..i am shallow) and probs making a tit of myself while i do so.
now i've just returned from my second season working in ibiza, i can't stand to do another winter in the uk cos i wanted to kill myself last year, hence the ski approach!
was just wondering (amongst many other things but this is v high priority to me) what's the nightlife like in the french alps resorts? are there clubs? as in proper ones with dj's? or is it more sort of pubbing and drinking type nightlife? are there better resorts for this type of thing or are they all much of a muchness? do you reckon the alps would be the sort of place that an ibiza worker would enjoy?
answers on a postcard please..(failing that just stick them in the little box at the bottom.)
xXx
blah
         Jump to Top
Grill
2 Alpes
#2  Re: nightlife?  23 Oct '07 at 21:28
St. Anton.
"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is."
         Jump to Top
peds
Chamonix
#3  Re: nightlife?  23 Oct '07 at 21:32
Granted, even the biggest resorts might seem a little limited in their nightlife after the hedonism of Ibiza - but there are still places to go and fun to be had
Val d'Isere and Meribel are known to have a pretty good evening scene, and you will get advocates from resorts all across the Alps clamouring to tell you that the resort they have lived and worked in can Rock On, Rave Off just as hard as the rest of them.

It really depends just how hedonistic you want your nightlife - there aren't places that keep going to 6am or beyond, but there are still some proper shindigs to be had.

I'll be in Val d'Isere this winter, and I know that Krafty Kuts, DJ Hype, DJ Yoda and Andy C are playing amongst others at D!cks's Tea Bar throughout the season...
I would be shocked and amazed if the after-hours entertainment didn't meet my standards, and I'm in the breed that doesn't stop until sunrise, and often carries straight on through to the following night (when in the right mood, anyway ;) ).
"Thrill-seeking? Sensation-seeking? What flavour is red? What colour is spice?"
         Jump to Top
longshot
Austria
#5  Re: nightlife?  27 Oct '07 at 15:28
Ischgl has a Pacha night club. Alot of night life a well pricey aswell! Yeah it will be a touch colder in the alps.
         Jump to Top
AliMcGlashan
#6  Re: nightlife?  28 Oct '07 at 01:19
I've just come back from my 1st season in Ibiza and will be heading back to Val D'Isere for my 3rd season in a couple of weeks time.

I can only speak for Val D'Isere, there are clubs but obviously they don't compare to London let alone Ibiza. However, good nights can definately be had.

La Graal plays house nearly everyday of the week but can get very euro poppy at times (think Bob Sinclair). Also it gets very few seasonnaires in there (which is just a big a plus as it is minus!).

As for Dicks it really depends on who the resident DJ is this season, however wednesday night you can gaurantee to be a good one (some of line up mentioned above!). Last season Baz was resident, he's personally a breaks dj but he took a load of my electro stuff of me and you could gaurauntee the last few hours would be decent + he was a fucking quality dj!

Both clubs do their best to cater for everyone.

If only Ibiza had mountains I would never of left!
         Jump to Top
nitch
Plymouth/Winchester/Tignes
#7  Re: nightlife?  28 Oct '07 at 12:27

Originally posted by peds

I'll be in Val d'Isere this winter, and I know that Krafty Kuts, DJ Hype, DJ Yoda and Andy C are playing amongst others at D!cks's Tea Bar

Whats the best way of finding out about these nights?? I'm in Tignes again this winter and we generally do hear about the big dj's playing at dicks but the information is normally pretty shady as to which night it is etc...
         Jump to Top
peds
Chamonix
#8  Re: nightlife?  28 Oct '07 at 18:35

Originally posted by nitch

Originally posted by peds

I'll be in Val d'Isere this winter, and I know that Krafty Kuts, DJ Hype, DJ Yoda and Andy C are playing amongst others at D!cks's Tea Bar

Whats the best way of finding out about these nights?? I'm in Tignes again this winter and we generally do hear about the big dj's playing at d&%k but the information is normally pretty shady as to which night it is etc...

Been trying to find out myself man - if I get some concrete info I'll by all means post it up here.
"Thrill-seeking? Sensation-seeking? What flavour is red? What colour is spice?"
         Jump to Top
James Wilson547
Chamonix
#9  Re: nightlife?  15 Aug '08 at 01:59
I'm off back to Val D'Isere again. Krafty Kuts, Pendulum and Yoda were the highlights last season, but there aren't the massive clubs like London or Ibiza, but i really liked the smallness of dicks, no bouncers packed around the dj box or staying the whole night without seeing the people you came to see. Also, try the pubs for live bands, awesome atmosphere
         Jump to Top
N!all
Hertford
#10  Re: nightlife?  8 Nov '08 at 07:54
im going out this season 4 my 1st, (well half neway, goin out 4 a gap yr instructor corse, and so will b out from jan) and i looove my dnb as well as my metal and was wondering wether any1 knos wether these dj's will play meribels dicks as well as the val d'isere 1? as this is where i am doing my course.
or possibly hw lng/ hw easy it is 2 get from meribel to val d'siere and back l8 at nite?
also did sum1 say these dj nites r always on a wed?
Life is for living, so live it dont waste it!!
         Jump to Top
fistral
#11  Re: nightlife?  8 Nov '08 at 13:57

Originally posted by N!all

im going out this season 4 my 1st, (well half neway, goin out 4 a gap yr instructor corse, and so will b out from jan) and i looove my dnb as well as my metal and was wondering wether any1 knos wether these dj's will play meribels d&%k as well as the val d'isere 1? as this is where i am doing my course.
or possibly hw lng/ hw easy it is 2 get from meribel to val d'siere and back l8 at nite?
also did sum1 say these dj nites r always on a wed?

val to meribel is a 2 hour drive (minimum) both in completely seperate valleys so you would need to have someone to drive i am afraid, the public transport would be bus from meribel to moutiers, then train from moutiers to bourg, then bus from bourg to val and there is no way they run late at night so allocated driver is essential or stay overnight.

meribel has just a good of nightlife as val but i found it a much younger scene and mostly first time seasonaires, the locals and old weathered ski bums generally have there own regular haunts.
         Jump to Top
N!all
Hertford
#12  Re: nightlife?  9 Nov '08 at 16:59
rrr fair nuff, bit of a mish then!
yea i dont mind that cos this will b my 1st season (of many 2 come !!), so will be a good starting place. I visited my m8 out there when he did a similar course last season n had a sick time, nitelife was wkd as were all the ppl and the skiing, only reason i was asking was because i love me dnb and there looks like quite a few gd djs i go 2 c in london r playin the val d!cks but makes no mention of the meribel so i assume val is where there puttin on the dnb
cheers 4 the info
Life is for living, so live it dont waste it!!
         Jump to Top
Trig1982
#13  Re: nightlife?  10 Nov '08 at 03:20
Forget france, austria is a far better country and the "nightlife" we call it Apres ski, is next to none. come to St Anton 2 clubs open till 6.30 am last year. plus some awesome bars. if not here then ischgul has an awesome rep for nightlife as well.
         Jump to Top
moon_ed
The republic of mancunia
#14  Re: nightlife?  7 Dec '08 at 21:55

Originally posted by Trig1982

Forget france, austria is a far better country and the "nightlife" we call it Apres ski, is next to none. come to St Anton 2 clubs open till 6.30 am last year. plus some awesome bars. if not here then ischgul has an awesome rep for nightlife as well.

man i bet there were some sour faced chalet staff at the breakfast table lol!

This thread rocks nice an usefull anyone rekon i'll be able to get a bar job if i turned up at a resort on jan 3rd? Or do they have pr's in the snow? I'd love that pile of yellow snow for the ignorant tourists.
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort
- How do you get a job?
- Accommodation Le La
- Childcare position Val d'Isere
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort