Natives Chatroom Xscape/BBQ/Fondue party //

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  WTFH    On:  Fri 17th June, 2005 at 12:55
siy
Leeds
#78  Re: Natives Chatroom Xscape/BBQ/Fondue party  22 Jun '05 at 16:13
no i meant skiers in general,example hes fat he has a neon greeny/yellowy 1 piece, your racing your mate down a hill he ski's right in front of u, u shout him to get him out of the way he turns around, sees you but doesnt do anything so u have to swerve out of the way so u dont kil him but u fall over then look back up the hill and explain to him that he was in the way and all he does is shakes his head PRICK!!!! so yer skiers in general, y do u people hate boarders ?

Originally posted by Tiny

Yep, I'll meet you in the 'Business Class Lounge' for some pre flight c&^k.
         Jump to Top
RidingMountains2
#79  Re: Natives Chatroom Xscape/BBQ/Fondue party  23 Jun '05 at 11:07

Originally posted by siy

................... shakes his head PRICK!!!! so yer skiers in general, y do u people hate boarders ?

Because my dear according to the rules of the piste.... it is up to the person up the hill to avoid the people below them... NOT the other way round.....and if you are so out of control in the first place you have do business being on the mountains in the first place.
         Jump to Top
mickworld
London
#80  Re: Natives Chatroom Xscape/BBQ/Fondue party  23 Jun '05 at 12:03
well said, RM.
The fact that the skier was fat and in a neon suit - or whatever - is irrelevant to the rules of the piste.
         Jump to Top
jacksalterego
#81  Re: Natives Chatroom Xscape/BBQ/Fondue party  23 Jun '05 at 12:13

Originally posted by mickworld

well said, RM.
The fact that the skier was fat and in a neon suit - or whatever - is irrelevant to the rules of the piste.

But it does bend the rules slightly! Fat and wearing a neon suit is just a target isn't it?
         Jump to Top
drifter
NFA
#82  Re: Natives Chatroom Xscape/BBQ/Fondue party  23 Jun '05 at 12:19

Originally posted by siy

no i meant skiers in general,example hes fat he has a neon greeny/yellowy 1 piece, your racing your mate down a hill he ski's right in front of u, u shout him to get him out of the way he turns around, sees you but doesnt do anything so u have to swerve out of the way so u dont kil him but u fall over then look back up the hill and explain to him that he was in the way and all he does is shakes his head PRICK!!!! so yer skiers in general, y do u people hate boarders ?

siy - have you read what you wrote there? I hope you're joking! I'm a boarder mainly but think i'm siding with the fat guy in neon on this one (and i don't say that often!!)
         Jump to Top
WTFH
Surrey
#83  Re: Natives Chatroom Xscape/BBQ/Fondue party  23 Jun '05 at 12:27

Originally posted by jacksalterego

well said, RM.

But it does bend the rules slightly! Fat and wearing a neon suit is just a target isn't it?

Never mind bending the rules, if he's fat enough, he'll be bending light because of his gravitational effect...
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
GavtheLumberjack
Norfolk
#84  Re: Natives Chatroom Xscape/BBQ/Fondue party  23 Jun '05 at 12:35
Because my dear according to the rules of the piste.... it is up to the person up the hill to avoid the people below them... NOT the other way round.....and if you are so out of control in the first place you have do business being on the mountains in the first place. [/quote]

I've always seen the rules of the piste as unfair to boarders. Fair enough about it being up to the person up the hill to avoid the people below them, that seems sensible.

But then it says that snowboarders have to be responsible as well for people up the slope from them cos "They may not understand the movements of a snowboarder", so whichever way, they make out it's the boarders fault!

Apart from that, I think we all ought to unite against the real enemies - snow blades and monoskis!
Just cos you're paranoid, doesn't mean that they're not after you :chainsaw:
         Jump to Top
jacksalterego
#85  Re: Natives Chatroom Xscape/BBQ/Fondue party  23 Jun '05 at 12:56

Originally posted by WTFH

Originally posted by jacksalterego

well said, RM.

Never mind bending the rules, if he's fat enough, he'll be bending light because of his gravitational effect...

Jump to Top
jacksalterego
#86  Re: Natives Chatroom Xscape/BBQ/Fondue party  23 Jun '05 at 12:58

Originally posted by GavtheLumberjack

I've always seen the rules of the piste as unfair to boarders. Fair enough about it being up to the person up the hill to avoid the people below them, that seems sensible.

But then it says that snowboarders have to be responsible as well for people up the slope from them cos "They may not understand the movements of a snowboarder", so whichever way, they make out it's the boarders fault!

Apart from that, I think we all ought to unite against the real enemies - snow blades and monoskis!

I don't think that anyone will disagree with you re. snowbladers as they are in fact the spawn of the devil himself.

But as for the old monoski, they are making a bit of a resurgence in 80's retro way
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#87  Re: Natives Chatroom Xscape/BBQ/Fondue party  23 Jun '05 at 17:31

Originally posted by drifter

Originally posted by siy

siy - have you read what you wrote there? I hope you're joking! I'm a boarder mainly but think i'm siding with the fat guy in neon on this one (and i don't say that often!!)

Pretty much ditto except I'm only a boarder. You dont shout at people to get out of the way and if you want to go past people you try to understand the movements that they make and give a wide enough berth so you dont hit them - no matter what turn they make! Simple really!

That stuff about boarders being responsible for those up the hill from them sounds like a load of old bollox though! People should learn the turns that others make, or are capable of making - it isn't fcuking brain surgery!

Except for bladers, they are out of control w*nkers
         Jump to Top
user206
#88  Re: Natives Chatroom Xscape/BBQ/Fondue party  23 Jun '05 at 19:12
dudes, you've got it all wrong. It doesn't matter what turns boarders or skiers make.... coz if YOU'RE going fast enough they're effectively stationary :-)
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#89  Re: Natives Chatroom Xscape/BBQ/Fondue party  23 Jun '05 at 19:29

Originally posted by gadget

dudes, you've got it all wrong. It doesn't matter what turns boarders or skiers make.... coz if YOU'RE going fast enough they're effectively stationary :-)

I'll race you...
         Jump to Top
*~Larry~*
Bern, Switzerland
#90  Re: Natives Chatroom Xscape/BBQ/Fondue party  24 Jun '05 at 09:11

Originally posted by siy

hes a queer skier

You mean he's a snowboarder?

No, he means he's a GAY skier.
EVERY TIME GRIFF GETS IN HIS HOT TUB - GOD KILLS A KITTEN.

TRUE STORY.
         Jump to Top
WTFH
Surrey
#91  Re: Natives Chatroom Xscape/BBQ/Fondue party  24 Jun '05 at 09:21

Originally posted by *~Larry~*

Originally posted by siy

hes a queer skier

Isn't that the same thing?
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
*~Larry~*
Bern, Switzerland
#92  Re: Natives Chatroom Xscape/BBQ/Fondue party  24 Jun '05 at 10:34

Originally posted by *~Larry~*

Originally posted by siy

hes a queer skier

Isn't that the same thing?

Stop trying to be clever.
EVERY TIME GRIFF GETS IN HIS HOT TUB - GOD KILLS A KITTEN.

TRUE STORY.
         Jump to Top

< Prev Next >
Latest Posts
- Who Are the 19 Worst Guests in a Ski Chalet?
- Looking for roommate St.Anton season 17/18
- Morzine beds available
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort