My Life Plan...... //

Author
  Topic Started By:  Robinq    On:  Fri 20th May, 2005 at 16:10
Robinq
Verbier
#1  My Life Plan......  20 May '05 at 16:10
Hello everyone,
I am currently between seasons in Verbier and have recently decided that the ski industry is something that I would like to remain in after my second (and probably final) ski season. Is anybody able to tell me the sort of range of jobs available - beyond sales for a chalet company. I am particularly interested to go into something like skiing event management if such a thing exists. Any help would be wonderful. Thanks
         Jump to Top
Kenzie
God's own county/Tignes/South America/North America/Australasia/Asia/Africa
#2  Re: My Life Plan......  23 May '05 at 07:20
I think Skiworld do this - Skiworld Special Events.
         Jump to Top
Robinq
Verbier
#3  Re: My Life Plan......  23 May '05 at 12:24
Thanks Kenzie, thats exactly the sort of thing i'm after, anybody else know of anything along these lines.....
         Jump to Top
riskyflip
#5  Re: My Life Plan......  23 May '05 at 15:55
Robbie boy….not satisfied with driving…? I thought you were rather good at it matey.

There are a few bods I know mate that run corp entertainment in Verbier. I can help you there…! Also, Fi from the Ski Club of GB (Marketing Manager) sent an email to me (and others) with a job available email me (toby@europeansnowsport.com) matey and I’ll give you her email address, she is a great person to talk to (she was at the furry last night).

Other than that nessa is right there’s bugger all unless you have a golden idea and balls of steel. But you’re still not likely to become a millionaire…..!
         Jump to Top
Robinq
Verbier
#6  Re: My Life Plan......  23 May '05 at 17:57
Thank you people, all very interesting and useful ideas to keep me thinking, Toby, I am having one more season of driving before launching into whatever plan is hatched in the coming days/weeks/months (?????). I will drop you an email very soon though my email is a bit buggered at the moment so i am trying to get it sorted/changed not sure yet. This contact you have that was at the Furry's night sounds very useful though not too clear what happened that night except that i ended up in the Wonderbar wearing Anna's very girlie low cut top so probably didn't make a great impression to strangers but i can probably count on the fact that everyone else was in the same state. (he he)
         Jump to Top
Hugh Jarse
#7  Re: My Life Plan......  24 May '05 at 12:43
If you drop me a PM I can pass on details of a direct contact at Skiworld Special Events (god they are going to hate me for this one).
         Jump to Top
littlemonkey
Leeds
#8  Re: My Life Plan......  26 Aug '05 at 01:29
I realise that I'm revivng an old thread here, but anyway:

I spent several weekends last season helping out / accompanying corporate events staged by White Heat (www.whiteheatski.biz). They'll organise the whole range of winter persuites for anyone from an individual to a Goldman Sachs corporate weekend for beginner to expert levels in Davos.

If it's events that you're interested in then they might be worth an email.
         Jump to Top
Robinq
Verbier
#9  Re: My Life Plan......  26 Aug '05 at 21:13
well well, didn't expect this one to be commented on again, will check out your suggestion, thanks a lot!!!
         Jump to Top
curiouscat
#10  Re: My Life Plan......  2 Sep '05 at 15:39
Hi Robinq
Just to start off with I wanted to say I also did a ski season in Verbier last year (if only you posted the tread then, I could of taken up some of the other people's advice about the events stuff) It was fantastic fun and i miss it loads, what were you doing out there? ... do i know you?? anyway...
just a little input about jobs in the ski industry: I work for a ski website as editor, which is great fun i get to think ski all day, all the pictures i look at, articles i write, pages i design ski ski ski. Does make me a little season ski at times but at least i am working with a product i love surrounded by other ski obessed people and am building some excellent ski knoweldge (who knows where all the info will take me in the future). A good idea is to look at ski websites and see what jobs they have in the UK, thats what i did and there is more out there then you would initially think. Another idea try and get yourself in the product department of some ski company then hopefully in time you get to go out to all the resorts to check out the chalets, hotels etc so combine UK with trips to numerous ski resorts, nice work if you can get it. Obviously this is all advice incase the event orgainising doesn;t work out, good luck with that, it would be amazing if you could get involved in that, it is something i would absolutly LOVE to do, however, I am with nessa's way of thinking and hopefully one day all this hard work (?) will lead me to an astounding idea and my own company aaaaahhh the power of dreams!
         Jump to Top
Robinq
Verbier
#11  Re: My Life Plan......  2 Sep '05 at 17:10
Hi curious cat, i was a ski verbier driver, no idea if i new you cause i still dont know who you are....
Thanks very much for the advice, all taken on board and your job sounds pretty cool, I have a number of contacts in the various chalet companies which i shall use one day if the need arises i am sure.
I have however put all my plans on hold for the next 18 months at least as i'm moving down to New Zealand for a year next may for a season down there and then going to be seeing what happens.
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview
- Do you need a Food Hygiene Certificate for Chalet
- Skishop job in Val Thorens