My hair //

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  layzeeboy    On:  Tue 27th September, 2005 at 20:48
layzeeboy
Hirafu, Japan.
#1  My hair  27 Sep '05 at 20:48
Evening all, I'm back in the U.K. and by god isn't it boring here!

I've had a wicked season and passed all my instructor tests and stuff so all is good, uni starts again soon which may not be quite so good when my dissertation supervisor realises that instead of dedicating myself to mapping glacial stuff I've been living it up in the snow.

Anyhow an important question has arisen, shall I get my hair cut? This may be hard to answer as you can't see my hair but i urge you to give it a go anyway.

Currently my hair is fairly long and kinda puffs out all over the place, some days I like it, some days I don't but it requires little care and imho looks alright. I've been thinking about getting it cut short again for a while mainly because there are occasions when I would prefer it not to look a total mess. When I raised this issue with some of my female friends today they were worringly encouraging, which suggests that they think my hair is crap, others were noncomittal which probably means, that like you, they couldn't give a sh*t , but may mean they agree with the others.

What do you reckon? to cut or not to cut?
Anything worth doing is worth getting hurt for

www.jameswinfield.tumblr.com
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#2  Re: My hair  27 Sep '05 at 20:52
I know what you mean tricky decision! If I were you I'd cut it though, could you restyle it?
         Jump to Top
layzeeboy
Hirafu, Japan.
#3  Re: My hair  27 Sep '05 at 20:54
Probably yes, but really the curly/wavy nature resists any sort of 'styling' quite hard.

Jump to Top
user206
#4  Re: My hair  27 Sep '05 at 21:23
Think carefully dude... you''ll miss the "seasonaire hair" when it's gone.....
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#5  Re: My hair  27 Sep '05 at 21:27
Could you put it in a kind of David Semen ponytail?
         Jump to Top
Jonnie
#6  Re: My hair  27 Sep '05 at 22:10
I say shave it... number 1 all over!!
         Jump to Top
user206
#7  Re: My hair  27 Sep '05 at 22:32
Or do what i did:

After 3 months growing it go to 0 all over. Or more precisley -1 (clippers / no guard / drew blood). Was the day the last guests left and everyone concerned was wasted

Then I got a sunburnt head
         Jump to Top
WTFH
Surrey
#9  Re: My hair  28 Sep '05 at 08:08

Originally posted by Dinosaur

Bald men are the way forward, I'd say.

Another rare day in the history of Natives - I agree with Dino.
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
Vix63
here, there and everywhere
#10  Re: My hair  28 Sep '05 at 08:14
floppy all the way! (hair, of course)

Like Peds' on his avatar, or a bit shorter like Bam Margera. Yum - I really approve!!!

However, if it has Jack Ozborne tendancies, maybe shorter it the way forward.
www.myspace.com/vix63
         Jump to Top
layzeeboy
Hirafu, Japan.
#11  Re: My hair  28 Sep '05 at 08:47
My hair is actually kinda like Bams, thankfully nowhere near as curly as Jack Osbornes.

Current thinking is that its gonna go, but I will miss it.

Jump to Top
layzeeboy
Hirafu, Japan.
#12  Re: My hair  28 Sep '05 at 08:49
oh and baldness is not an option, I'm currently pretty tanned and a brown face and a white head would just look silly.

Jump to Top
sam_c
North London
#13  Re: My hair  28 Sep '05 at 08:59
don't do it!

cut all mine off at the end of last season and immediately regretted it

have been growin it again for last 5 months and it's just about back to what it was.
04/05 & 05/06 - Meribel, D!cks Tea Bar, DJ
         Jump to Top
Fubar
Brisbane
#14  Re: My hair  28 Sep '05 at 09:05
just chopped most of mine off and goddam its chilly. be warned
www.linkedin.com/in/lukejackson

Live life to the edge, ski hard, party hard and ignore the hangover
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#15  Re: My hair  28 Sep '05 at 09:44
[girl]When my hair gets to the stage where I sometimes like it and sometimes dont then i generally cut it. After doing this I generally find that I like it most days and after a week or 2 even forget to worry about it. Mind you, this could be because of the hairstyle I have. It is conceivable that you could cut it and then not like it every day which would be a big problem.

As a Girl advising a bloke i am obviously far too scared to tell you what I really think (this would also make your life too easy). So I'll just talk about the subject a bit and then change the conversation to something about myself so you forget what you asked in the first place. Could you kind of compromise and just cut it a bit. You see this is what I do, I have had the same style for the last 8 years and find that if I cut it I generally look smarter for a while. Do you think that's boring? I mean to have had the same style for soooo long? maybe I should consider growing it out and trying a new style? What do you think?[/girl]
         Jump to Top
Fubar
Brisbane
#16  Re: My hair  28 Sep '05 at 09:46

Originally posted by mista

[girl]When my hair gets to the stage where I sometimes like it and sometimes dont then i generally cut it. After doing this I generally find that I like it most days and after a week or 2 even forget to worry about it. Mind you, this could be because of the hairstyle I have. It is conceivable that you could cut it and then not like it every day which would be a big problem.

As a Girl advising a bloke i am obviously far too scared to tell you what I really think (this would also make your life too easy). So I'll just talk about the subject a bit and then change the conversation to something about myself so you forget what you asked in the first place. Could you kind of compromise and just cut it a bit. You see this is what I do, I have had the same style for the last 8 years and find that if I cut it I generally look smarter for a while. Do you think that's boring? I mean to have had the same style for soooo long? maybe I should consider growing it out and trying a new style? What do you think?[/girl]

:clap: :clap: I would say that sums it up about perfectly
www.linkedin.com/in/lukejackson

Live life to the edge, ski hard, party hard and ignore the hangover
         Jump to Top

Next >
Latest Posts
- Who Are the 19 Worst Guests in a Ski Chalet?
- Looking for roommate St.Anton season 17/18
- Morzine beds available
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort