Morzine anyone? //

Author
  Topic Started By:  Ventnorian    On:  Mon 18th August, 2014 at 16:36
Ventnorian
Isle of Wight
#1  Morzine anyone?  18 Aug '14 at 16:36
Hey guys, apologies if this come off as newbie but i am... from a tiny island where we have a minimalist amount of snow and a warmer climate all year round, but needing to escape the hum drum life in search of adventure! (and work...)

Heading to Morzine with VIP SKI in november to work one of the chalets, wondering about a fair few things

Hows the skiing for a newbie, a friend of mine in Avoriaz says it's good for learners? I can already hear the laughing because I'm a chalet girl who can't ski....

i think the chalet i'll be in will be near to the town (not far anyways) so whats the town like? Amenities good?

Whats the essentials for any skier? and is there anything you couldn't live without when on a season?

Anyone else worked for VIP SKI? Are they good employers? Only saw one post on them and it seemed like a while ago...

Nightlife? Pros cons, best places to go?

Anyone have any tips for newbie chalet workers?

thats it for now, I'm looking forward to the challenge of a new job, i know it's hard work and not afraid of that, but everyone starts somewhere, so any help you lovely people can share would be wonderful ^_

• thanks bros
    Ventnorian- Sea, sand, mountain and land.
             Jump to Top
    Ventnorian
    Isle of Wight
    #2  Re: Morzine anyone?  18 Aug '14 at 21:40
    Also if anyone's heading out that way in november, with VIP SKI or otherwise, hit me up, would love to get some chatter with the 'natives' so to speak before getting out there or find some other newbies to hit the bunny slopes with!

<3 peace and love brochachas
    Ventnorian- Sea, sand, mountain and land.
             Jump to Top
    247snowman
    Morzine
    #3  Re: Morzine anyone?  19 Aug '14 at 12:46
    Morzine is a great little 'real town'.

It's a year round place with a healthy summer season where families visit to do lots of summer activities and mountain bikers and road cyclist head to for the brilliant mountain bike network and famous 'cols' that are in the area.

In the winter the town is busier. VIP guys seem happy in Morzine.
    You will probably be given a Morzine/Les-Gets/Avoriaz pass by your employer.

There are loads of beginner slopes in Morzine and Les Gets where you will be able to get up to speed. Avoriaz is higher so more snow sure and has beginner runs but also some steeper stuff for when you get a bit more competent.

Loads of bar's to party in Morzine, but remember to smash out work first then party second. It's tempting when doing your first season to party a bit too hard.

Morzine is not too pretentious like some french ski-resorts. Most folk are very down to earth and friendly.

We have large supermarkets in town so you can get everything here you need. One tip is bring a gang socket for your accommodation to plug all your electrics into as i'm guessing hair dryer, lap top, phone charger etc and not enough plug points.

there is a decent facebook page you can check out

https://www.facebook.com/groups/morzinecrew/

Have a fab season.
             Jump to Top
    izzycawthorne
    Retford
    #4  Re: Morzine anyone?  22 Aug '14 at 19:02
    I absolutely love Morzine! Been going there every year on family holidays and hopefully going there for a season this year as an au pair

The skiing is great, so much variety. The apres-ski is brilliant, plenty of bars, a couple of clubs and a good atmosphere.
             Jump to Top
    izzycawthorne
    Retford
    #5  Re: Morzine anyone?  22 Aug '14 at 19:05
    Oh and I love a little Irish bar (not so little really it has 3 bars in it!) called Dixie bar and also Le Coyote! The bar at the bottom of the Pleney lift is called Le Tremplin, it's outside and normally has live music so it's great for a drink when you've just got off the slopes
             Jump to Top

Latest Posts
    - Female Bartender Wanted
    - Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
    - What am I doing wrong!
    - Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
    - Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
    - INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
    - Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
    - Skype interview
    - Do you need a Food Hygiene Certificate for Chalet
    - Skishop job in Val Thorens