MONO!!!! //

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  layzeeboy    On:  Thu 31st March, 2005 at 16:44
layzeeboy
Hirafu, Japan.
#1  MONO!!!!  31 Mar '05 at 16:44
I want a monoski, I'm not really sure why but it has a lot to do with me finding them utterly hilarious. Also I think it would be brilliant to try the park with them, the frenchies wouldn't know what hit them!

This desire for a mono has been building until the other day I saw a MSP film from last season, 'focused' I think and Mckonkey backflips on one. I must have one.

So if anyone has a monoski lying around or hears of someone with one I would very much like it.

I'm not sure how much I'll pay for it, not that much because frankly it is only for fun but I'll be very interested so just tell me how much you want and I'll see what I can do (bearing in mind I'm a poverty stricken student with an already loan cripplling addiction to skiing)

Has anyone else embraced the love of mono?

Cheers

James
Anything worth doing is worth getting hurt for

www.jameswinfield.tumblr.com
         Jump to Top
paddy_morris
Morzine
#2  Re: MONO!!!!  31 Mar '05 at 18:32
ok, i'm converted. i want one too. only ever used one once, and i was verreh, verreh drunk. so come on. let's start the revolution. but i only want one if it's in filthy garish colours. lots of neon yellow and pink. obviously layzee gets first dibs, though.
This is our decision to live fast and die young. We've got the vision, now let's have some fun.
Yeah it's overwhelming, but what else can we do? Get jobs in offices and wake up for the morning commute?

www.paddyandandy.blogspot.com
www.justgiving.com/paddymorris
         Jump to Top
layzeeboy
Hirafu, Japan.
#3  Re: MONO!!!!  31 Mar '05 at 20:06
Vive le (la, whatever) revolution!!

I can't take the credit for staring this wonderful movement, my uni actually have a mono team which races at dryslope events, it almost makes me tempted to go near a dryslope again (me and plastic hills have not got on in the past)

As for the filthy garish colours, do they come any other way? and if they do I don't want to hear about it! (actually i do, especially if its cheap )

Jump to Top
paddy_morris
Morzine
#4  Re: MONO!!!!  1 Apr '05 at 08:21
i almost think this is an april fool. perhaps it is. perhaps it isn't. but it seems the revolution has begun!

http://www.chronicski.biz/
This is our decision to live fast and die young. We've got the vision, now let's have some fun.
Yeah it's overwhelming, but what else can we do? Get jobs in offices and wake up for the morning commute?

www.paddyandandy.blogspot.com
www.justgiving.com/paddymorris
         Jump to Top
arno
#5  Re: MONO!!!!  1 Apr '05 at 08:45
swell panik... making monoskis??? it must be coming back

actually their website ( www.swellpanik.com ) is quite funny - the snowboard section says "back from hell" in large print
         Jump to Top
layzeeboy
Hirafu, Japan.
#6  Re: MONO!!!!  1 Apr '05 at 12:03
damn!! I missed Monopalooza!

I'm sensing a serious lack of irony about these people, surely they can't be serious?

Jump to Top
ATOMIC bomb
Formerly Clitheroe, now Grindelwald
#7  Re: MONO!!!!  1 Apr '05 at 12:32
Have a look at this.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=66632&item=7145107646&rd=1&ssPageName=WD2V
Altitude Ski & Snowboard School Grindelwald and Wengen
www.altitude-grindelwald.com / www.altitude-wengen.com
         Jump to Top
arno
#8  Re: MONO!!!!  1 Apr '05 at 12:32
have you looked at the mono photos on the swell panik site? Some geezer ripping it up at la grave (but still managing to look slightly camp). there is a good one of someone with a beard in a one-piece catching some seriously camp air
         Jump to Top
layzeeboy
Hirafu, Japan.
#9  Re: MONO!!!!  1 Apr '05 at 13:00
The mono photos are top! come to think of it, I may have seen a monoer (I feel this is the correct term) in La Grave when I was there last week.

That jump is quality, pretty damn gay, I wonder if he landed that?

I still really want a go on one now! cheers Atomic I've asked how much the postage is for that bad boy ! hope it isn't too much

If I get one I can take it to New Zealand and spread the word over the summer, I wonder if they already have them down there?

Jump to Top
arno
#10  Re: MONO!!!!  1 Apr '05 at 13:28

Originally posted by ATOMIC bomb

Have a look at this.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=66632&item=7145107646&rd=1&ssPageName=WD2V

someone parked one of those things outside my appartment last season. the shame the shame
         Jump to Top
joesno
#11  Re: MONO!!!!  2 Apr '05 at 12:30
Mono skis are legendary... if you want to find a true mono skier goto le vache qui ski in Courchevel... those boys are kicking it back to the mono pistes.

Layzeeboy - were you at BUSC the other week? I spied a brit uni Monoskier from the chairlift and made sure I gave him one hell of a cheer. I hope I will be seeing the mono's at the KINGS finals... Good luck in the quest, if I get some money I may also purchase... joe
everything looks better when you're upside down...
         Jump to Top
willhoward123
#12  Re: MONO!!!!  14 Apr '05 at 13:38

Originally posted by ATOMIC bomb

Have a look at this.

I'd give that a ride!!
         Jump to Top
layzeeboy
Hirafu, Japan.
#13  Re: MONO!!!!  15 Apr '05 at 12:08
Unfortunately my quest for a mono is still continuing, that french one wouldn't tell me how much postage was and ebay hasn't seen one since .

Someone, anyone! HELP! I need a mono, and my loan comes in on monday So what if I might need to eat? novelty snowsports goods are far more important!

Jump to Top
alex_monroy
#14  Re: MONO!!!!  15 Apr '05 at 18:15
Thanks for that link mate. it really helped.
         Jump to Top
layzeeboy
Hirafu, Japan.
#15  Re: MONO!!!!  10 May '05 at 19:10
Is Alex Monroy naked in that photo?

Jump to Top

Next >
Latest Posts
- Who Are the 19 Worst Guests in a Ski Chalet?
- Looking for roommate St.Anton season 17/18
- Morzine beds available
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort