mmmmmmm, 2008 skis //

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  layzeeboy    On:  Sun 13th May, 2007 at 18:35
layzeeboy
Hirafu, Japan.
#1  mmmmmmm, 2008 skis  13 May '07 at 18:35
http://global.skipass.com/gearguide/

I think next year my quiver will have to contain the Scratch Ghetto or Armada Thalls, Perhaps the Racetiger Sl, though probably just get next years version of my RC4s, 'cause I love them.

I am strongly considering getting something rockered, maybe the K2 Hellbents or Seths (not in the guide, but badass anyway), or maybe just bending my B4s in some stairs

What's everyone else gonna be rocking?
Anything worth doing is worth getting hurt for

www.jameswinfield.tumblr.com
         Jump to Top
tequila
Chamonix
#2  Re: mmmmmmm, 2008 skis  13 May '07 at 18:39
Noooo! The new Mynx's are nicer than this years! I want, but I've only used mine for one week and unless I win the lottery that would be stupid
Whenever I'm feeling down,
I turn my goggles upside down
so I look like a happy meal
         Jump to Top
peds
Chamonix
#3  Re: mmmmmmm, 2008 skis  13 May '07 at 18:44
mmmm, pretty :P

Go for hellbents man, absolutely crazy for going backwards in stupidly deep snow ;)
edit - but like skiing with an oiltanker on each foot when on piste
edit 2 - dont bother bending your B4s manually, just fix some cables to each tip and tie them to the toe-piece like our saviour mcconkey did before his crazy pre-rocker experiments

I'll be after either a pair of fast skis or park skis... depends what kind of mood im in when I start testing.
Edited 13/05/2007 @ 18:46 Revision #1
"Thrill-seeking? Sensation-seeking? What flavour is red? What colour is spice?"
         Jump to Top
layzeeboy
Hirafu, Japan.
#4  Re: mmmmmmm, 2008 skis  13 May '07 at 18:46
Girls + Twintips = Hot

This can't be changed even if the twintips are last years. Don't worry about it.

Did anyone see the Armada ARGs, so sick, if only I could get armada proform I would so be on those.

Jump to Top
I love my AK Rockets
South East London - in a house that's collapsing
#5  Re: mmmmmmm, 2008 skis  13 May '07 at 18:48
No need, I've still got my big ol' green rockets, and they've not seen nearly enough action to be worth replacing yet.

This may well be the season of Telemark though... but I'm not doing enough to warrant buying anything - it'll be renting.

Katana's look pretty bling though... but you have to ask; when did you last need a 140 tip?
         Jump to Top
peds
Chamonix
#6  Re: mmmmmmm, 2008 skis  13 May '07 at 18:51
If my fingers being crossed means anything, we'll need them every day next year... me with my stupid 160mm tips, anyway...

Those katanas do look pretty damn good... i know a guy who bought next years in the last month on season just gone, a few weeks after the last ruddy snowfall... poor guy!
"Thrill-seeking? Sensation-seeking? What flavour is red? What colour is spice?"
         Jump to Top
layzeeboy
Hirafu, Japan.
#7  Re: mmmmmmm, 2008 skis  13 May '07 at 18:57

Originally posted by I love my AK Rockets

No need, I've still got my big ol' green rockets, and they've not seen nearly enough action to be worth replacing yet.

This may well be the season of Telemark though... but I'm not doing enough to warrant buying anything - it'll be renting.

Katana's look pretty bling though... but you have to ask; when did you last need a 140 tip?

Chest deep, cold smoke pow, Feb in Winter Park

I'm looking for more of a backcountry jib ski though, something soft with a twin (if I get hellbent they'll be centre mounted). Katanas are a bit more full on.

Jump to Top
the_enquirer
Courchevel
#8  Re: mmmmmmm, 2008 skis  14 May '07 at 06:51
From right to left. Hellbent - Seth - Nancy - PE - MD
from the desk of the Courchevel Enquirer

https://www.courchevelenquirer.com
http://150dow.courchevelenquirer.com
www.my-courchevel.co.uk
www.my-tignes.co.uk
         Jump to Top
sandgroper61
London
#9  Re: mmmmmmm, 2008 skis  14 May '07 at 08:42
As I currently own Salomon Lab 3V race, Public Enemies, Sweet Fat Thangs (yes, I know, girl's ski - but actually exactly the same as the Mojo 90, only with a different graphic), Rossignol Z5s, and Volkl 5-stars, I expect I won't be buying any new ones next season.

Until I want to, anyway ... I'm really, really crap at not buying skis.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

=============================

The difference between a cult and a religion: in a cult, there is someone at the top who knows it's a scam. In a religion, that person is dead.
         Jump to Top
DaveC
Leeds --> Fernie
#10  Re: mmmmmmm, 2008 skis  14 May '07 at 10:07

Originally posted by Sandgroper61

As I currently own Salomon Lab 3V race, Public Enemies, Sweet Fat Thangs (yes, I know, girl's ski - but actually exactly the same as the Mojo 90, only with a different graphic), Rossignol Z5s, and Volkl 5-stars, I expect I won't be buying any new ones next season.

Until I want to, anyway ... I'm really, really crap at not buying skis.

I want new skis. I'm one of the people that ski companies love - I don't care if all the 08 skis have are new graphics.

I want some turny carvy skis and some floaty powdery skis that'll keep my 6'4ness afloat that my foils seem to refuse to. Must fight the urge to buy some now rather in resort next year..

But saying that, I'm busy shopping around already
         Jump to Top
layzeeboy
Hirafu, Japan.
#11  Re: mmmmmmm, 2008 skis  14 May '07 at 10:48
I can't resist new skis either, especially at prodeal prices. Current quiver is Rossi B4s and Scratch FS and Fischer RC4s, with some Volkl 6stars and V-pros that are beat up so much that all they are good for is dryslope.

The first 3 pairs will be sold in Nov to accomodate some shiny new ones

Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#12  Re: mmmmmmm, 2008 skis  14 May '07 at 11:01
I now have a board that is still unused but in the up and coming season will be 2 seasons old, it should be a cracking board and nobody else on the hill will be rocking the same styles, sweet. steeze an shizzle.
         Jump to Top
DaveC
Leeds --> Fernie
#13  Re: mmmmmmm, 2008 skis  14 May '07 at 11:22
How do Race/SL skis perform on ungroomed stuff? I've not skiied anything specifically branded as GS/SL/race - do they handle much different to skis labeled as carving skis?
         Jump to Top
layzeeboy
Hirafu, Japan.
#14  Re: mmmmmmm, 2008 skis  14 May '07 at 11:33
My RC4s aren't full on FIS legal, but they are definitely pretty nippy. They really aren't great in powder (they're only 165 long), but in chopped up stuff they are quite good, stiff enough to blast through it, and as long as there isn't too much pow they are stable enough.

In bumps they are suprisingly good, the shortness helps, bit too wide a tail though, every now and again it'll hook up and throw me off balance. Not a very good do it all ski though, getting anything more than a few feet of air on them wasn't a confidence building move.

Jump to Top
pwdrhnd
London
#15  Re: mmmmmmm, 2008 skis  14 May '07 at 11:52

Originally posted by mista

I now have a board that is still unused but in the up and coming season will be 2 seasons old, it should be a cracking board and nobody else on the hill will be rocking the same styles, sweet. steeze an shizzle.

Burton Baron?
Got rid of the image signature, as I`ve now realised how annoying they can be.
         Jump to Top

Next >
Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview
- Do you need a Food Hygiene Certificate for Chalet