Looking to quit my current job to do a season 2014 //

Author
  Topic Started By:  maxsilvauk    On:  Tue 27th May, 2014 at 10:55
maxsilvauk
#1  Looking to quit my current job to do a season 2014  27 May '14 at 10:55
Hey guys.

Basically I'm a qualified web designer at the age of 27, I currently work full-time at 42.5 hours a week on 25k per annum £1600 after tax.

Thing is i'm so sick of tired of it i've been doing it for 5-6 years now and I really want to pack up and do a season in Austria then when that season finishes do a season in New Zealand.

I used to work in a pub in wales years ago and in a hotel whilst I was studying at uni. Thing is my CV currently just contains web design / developer experince.

Will I need to tailor my CV, am I too old to do this? Does anyone else have experience of quitting their current job and doing this?

Many thanks

Max
         Jump to Top
miketheskier
UK
#2  Re: Looking to quit my current job to do a season 2014  29 May '14 at 18:14
I'm in a bit of a similar boat in that I'm planning on doing the same and work in software dev at the moment.

Do you have much client interaction? I would play up things like.. understanding the client's need (their requirements), allaying their fears, the need for constant communication to ensure what you deliver is what they want.

If you help get clients, or sell/upsell then raise that.

If you have some form of leadership responsibility then that's key too.

Essentially they'll want a mix of: client interaction, sales, leadership, social/communication skills

Good luck!
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview
- Do you need a Food Hygiene Certificate for Chalet