Le Floride / Courchevel roll call!!! //

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  mat297    On:  Sun 6th November, 2005 at 14:19
erinmac
west coast scotland
#17  Re: Le Floride / Courchevel roll call!!!  10 Nov '05 at 09:38
Come on other Floride folk I know ur out there - don't b shy! Drop us a line b u old or new
         Jump to Top
Whitemoon
Nottingham/Courchevel
#18  Re: Le Floride / Courchevel roll call!!!  10 Nov '05 at 14:39
Thanks for the info, very useful Got my final departure details this morning, excitement definately kicking in now. One more thing...bit random but I've been caught out before, would it be useful to bring bed linen, duvet stuff? Are they nice and provide it, or is it possible to 'aquire' some...

sx
*The sensual caress of waist deep cold smoke.... glory in skiing virgin snow, in being the first to mark the powder with the signature of their run*

*Powder snow skiing is not fun. It's life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality*
         Jump to Top
erinmac
west coast scotland
#19  Re: Le Floride / Courchevel roll call!!!  10 Nov '05 at 16:33
Don't worry u'll get provided with all that bumf. Ur going out on the 8th right? That means ur getting there a bit b4 every1 else to spruce the place up - dont b 2 shocked at the state of the place - i know it looks a mess but its an organised mess! Tip - make management do most of the tidying - start as u mean to go on! Good luck hun

Erin x
         Jump to Top
mat297
Edinburgh
#20  Re: Le Floride / Courchevel roll call!!!  10 Nov '05 at 17:18
yeh thanks for all the tips, no chefs about i can speak to?!

how many other chefs are there, and what positions etc, whats the heirachy like? For some reason everyone has different names instead of commis chef, sous chef chef de partie and head chef/ exec chef etc etc?!

thanks

aid
Roll on the Snow!

^^^Meant to be animated^^^
         Jump to Top
erinmac
west coast scotland
#21  Re: Le Floride / Courchevel roll call!!!  10 Nov '05 at 17:36
last yr we had 5 chefs in total (think there was meant 2 b 6 but 1 didnt turn up). That was 2 head chefs, 2 assistant chefs and 1 pastry/dessert chef. Think they dont go in 4 the trad. titles cos every1's expected to muck in in all areas. the 2 assistant chefs will b at training if uve got questions - they r doing Verbier this yr.
         Jump to Top
erinmac
west coast scotland
#23  Re: Le Floride / Courchevel roll call!!!  10 Nov '05 at 18:47
where u at? studying wot? if ur uni has a ski club join & get a cheap ski hol out of it. am doing tourism at college as a stopgap until start of season. can tell u dont work much by the amount time u spend on this site!

the photo's cool. ur texting on ur phone (i think), Ben's sitting next 2 u and Rob's clearing ur plates and doing a passable impression of a hostie (j/k), Maz is looking in ur direction.

u gonna do more travelling/another season wen u finish? i mite do another few b4 lookin 4 a real job. altho if i did happen 2 get a job (god forbid) wouldn't mind working 4 Fat Face - uk store 4 summer/autumn then 1850 all winter. Cant b scrubbin toilets 4eva! How r Ben & Rob doing btw?
         Jump to Top
erinmac
west coast scotland
#24  Re: Le Floride / Courchevel roll call!!!  10 Nov '05 at 20:49
Bigchief

Mikie says hi btw!

Erin x
         Jump to Top
vickiglover
#25  Re: Le Floride / Courchevel roll call!!!  14 Nov '05 at 11:50
name...vicki
age...21
from....south of london/sussex
position...hostie
season...1st!

am going to the floride for first time, but might b changing my plans, having a crisis...any words of wisdom, how good is it with inghams at le floride?what about being in 1650, better than 1850, how often go out there, easy to get back...those manuals are harsh, made me feel like was back at boarding school again!!rubbish!

laters...
         Jump to Top
mat297
Edinburgh
#27  Re: Le Floride / Courchevel roll call!!!  15 Nov '05 at 15:15
hey vicki, i know what you mean about the manuals! i just recieved my handbook today again, its pretty harsh! the thing is tho, i am quite certain these are this way just to kinda put the people who are going for a free ride off the job all together, cause them less hastle in the long run (looking for replacement staff mid season etc) I have never done a season before and i agree about the staff manual, but i still cant wait to get out there. just take a listen to the words of big cheif etc, its hardly like they would talk this well about the place if its a sh*t hole and you never get any time on the slopes! I have only heard good things about the place, and thats what keeps a smile on my face when i think i am gonna be there for 5 months!
Roll on the Snow!

^^^Meant to be animated^^^
         Jump to Top
Gones
Somerset
#28  Re: Le Floride / Courchevel roll call!!!  15 Nov '05 at 23:23
Anyone know who's managing the floride this season? Is ed going back? I grew quite fond of the little guy!
( Also need to apologise to him for vomiting all over his bar at the end of last season)
         Jump to Top
erinmac
west coast scotland
#30  Re: Le Floride / Courchevel roll call!!!  16 Nov '05 at 19:31
When i signed up mid-September i asked Janet about returners & she didn't mention him. I'm thinking no. Kinda hoped he wud b there as ur never gonna have a more easy-going manager than Ed! Probably end up with a dragon.
         Jump to Top
Gones
Somerset
#31  Re: Le Floride / Courchevel roll call!!!  16 Nov '05 at 21:32
At the end of last season he told me he'd be back this year but things always change over the summer - i told him i'd come back and rep the floride but then completely changed my mind and changed companies!
Will be weird to see a different manager in the floride, i'll have to drop in and meet them - true tho, can't imagine you'll have someone as chilled as ed!
         Jump to Top

< Prev Next >
Latest Posts
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort
- How do you get a job?
- Accommodation Le La
- Childcare position Val d'Isere
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort