Le Floride / Courchevel roll call!!! //

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  mat297    On:  Sun 6th November, 2005 at 14:19
mat297
Edinburgh
#1  Le Floride / Courchevel roll call!!!  6 Nov '05 at 14:19
hello to all

just a quick post wondering who is all heading to courchevel, more specifically 1650, and even more specifically Le Floride. I am at Le Floride with Inghams.

Name.......
Age......
Where your from.......
Just put your job title.....
Season number.......

Is everyone leaving on the same date?

thanks

aid
Roll on the Snow!

^^^Meant to be animated^^^
         Jump to Top
mat297
Edinburgh
#2  Re: Le Floride / Courchevel roll call!!!  6 Nov '05 at 14:20
Name....... Adrian
Age...... 18
Where your from....... East Lothian
Just put your job title..... Senior Assistant Chef
Season number....... 1
Roll on the Snow!

Jump to Top
Whitemoon
Nottingham/Courchevel
#3  Re: Le Floride / Courchevel roll call!!!  6 Nov '05 at 19:27
Stephanie

Nottingham

Head Housekeeper

3rd season, 2nd winter

Think I'm leaving on the 8th... you?

sx
*The sensual caress of waist deep cold smoke.... glory in skiing virgin snow, in being the first to mark the powder with the signature of their run*

*Powder snow skiing is not fun. It's life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality*
         Jump to Top
Gones
Somerset
#4  Re: Le Floride / Courchevel roll call!!!  6 Nov '05 at 21:58
Emily

Somerset

Rep for skiworld in 1650 (inghams last year)

3rd season

Can't wait!!!!!
         Jump to Top
mat297
Edinburgh
#5  Re: Le Floride / Courchevel roll call!!!  7 Nov '05 at 18:35
i really dont know when im heading out, maybe 12th december?! it was originally quoted as 4th though, think its changed.
Roll on the Snow!

Jump to Top
Earl
#6  Re: Le Floride / Courchevel roll call!!!  7 Nov '05 at 19:53
Tom
London
Hostie (sounds so feminine)
2nd season (verbier with Inghams last year)

Pretty positive leaving date is the 12th, for training at floride...
         Jump to Top
erinmac
west coast scotland
#8  Re: Le Floride / Courchevel roll call!!!  8 Nov '05 at 23:50
Erin
Ayrshire, Scotland
Hostie
2nd season

Hi guys I was at the Floride last year, same job again. Wasn't planning on going out again but changed my mind around late September at the thought of a winter in the UK! Its true what they say, seasons are addictive. I'll try to answer any questions you've got about the place.
         Jump to Top
Whitemoon
Nottingham/Courchevel
#10  Re: Le Floride / Courchevel roll call!!!  9 Nov '05 at 12:48
Hey Erin!

Ooh, so many questions...But I'll keep it short!
What's the accomodation like? Last year I was in a loft with an outside door that didn't shut properly, all season...brrrr!
How much time do you really get to ski? I've had it pretty lush before and think I might need to lower my expectations...
Do you get decent rental gear, or am I going to be looking to buy pretty soon?

Good to know there's going to be someone there who knows how it works best, any tips greatfully recieved!

Stephanie x
*The sensual caress of waist deep cold smoke.... glory in skiing virgin snow, in being the first to mark the powder with the signature of their run*

*Powder snow skiing is not fun. It's life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality*
         Jump to Top
mat297
Edinburgh
#11  Re: Le Floride / Courchevel roll call!!!  9 Nov '05 at 16:23
my questions are the same as above pretty much........
Roll on the Snow!

Jump to Top
erinmac
west coast scotland
#12  Re: Le Floride / Courchevel roll call!!!  9 Nov '05 at 21:22
Hi guys

Accommodation was ok - there's rooms on the ground floor of the hotel - usual shared thing about 3 to a room. One of the rooms flooded early on last season leaving a few people temporarily bedless! But hopefully thats been fixed by summer maintenance. Then there's 'the batcave' which is 3 rooms above the garage but below the hotel. These rooms are shared by 2/3 folk i think & reached by an outside door, u go through a storeroom (!) and then an inner door. The other accommodation is 2 apartments in the town. The furthest away one - 10 mins walk) is the biggest and is self-sufficient with own kitchen, dishwasher, etc. Was the girls apmt last year (where I was) and there was usually 4 of us in it. The other apmt is very small with virtually no storage - pack light! This was for the guys. Sleeps 4. Dont know if they've kept them on or not. Think I've managed to blag a place in the batcave with my boyfriend this year (who incidentally is called Mikie, he's the maintenance guy for the hotel, same as last year).

Don't want to say too much about time off to ski as i dont know if they'll run everything the same this year. I would say u ski about 5/7 at a push but some days only 1/2 hrs. Days off are good for skiing to Val Thorens where the snow is usually better than Courchevel. Think we worked 40/45 hrs p/w. The quicker u work, the quicker u finish!
         Jump to Top
erinmac
west coast scotland
#13  Re: Le Floride / Courchevel roll call!!!  9 Nov '05 at 21:23
Inghams dont give u boards but they do give u skis/poles/boots. Standard wasn't bad. 1/2 folk took their skis back and did managed to get boards but it depends on the ski shop staff and how busy they r. Equipment is easy 2 pick up out there.

They kept the shifts pretty varied so you would do 1/2 bkfast shifts p/w, 1/2 terrace & room am and dinner pm. I had no complaints.

Tips: stay on Janet's good side (Clubhotel Operations Manager). She loves the Floride & will probably stay/visit a coupla times during the season. Encourage guests to mention u in the questionnaires (4 the right reasons) - this goes down well with management. Can't think of any others just now - it'll come to me. & this post is getting stupidly long.

Cheers

Erin
         Jump to Top
erinmac
west coast scotland
#14  Re: Le Floride / Courchevel roll call!!!  9 Nov '05 at 21:26
Bigchief - come on, give me some clues! What u doing this winter if not a season? Tell me u've not joined the rat race & got a real job?!

Erin

R u 1 of the posers on the front cover of the new Inghams manual? Of course u probably haven't seen it but i bet ur intrigued now!
         Jump to Top
erinmac
west coast scotland
#16  Re: Le Floride / Courchevel roll call!!!  10 Nov '05 at 09:37
Does the work 'spiky' mean anything to you?!

Me & Mikie are the only Floride returners i think. I know Stan&Hally are working 4 Inghams in Verbier this winter. Hally's a hostie tho! That's all i know about.

U, Ben, other Rob and half of Maz's head r on the front cover of the new manual - how did you guys wangle that?!! U, Ben & Maz r chillin on the terrace & Rob's doing a v. good impression of serving u. Looks like one of Lucy's random pics - maybe she sent it in - who knows. I think Johnny5 deserves 2 b on the front cover next yr (maybe top of the Saulire?)

Was the travelling good then? Where'd u go?

Have got big plans 4 this winter - involve becoming half-decent at boarding, doing all the blacks in 3 Valleys & doing some off-piste (altho maybe take a guide - i didnt learn anything from that avalanche talk at training). Learn how to do moguls without screaming 2! Mite even speak some french this yr!
Edited 10/11/2005 @ 16:38 Revision #1
         Jump to Top

Next >
Latest Posts
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort
- How do you get a job?
- Accommodation Le La
- Childcare position Val d'Isere
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort