Lack of experience //

Author
  Topic Started By:  ed_carron    On:  Mon 20th June, 2016 at 10:17
ed_carron
#2  Lack of experience  20 Jun '16 at 10:17
Hey I've never done a season before and really want to go this year, I've just graduated university and want to have a gap year of sorts. The only issue is that all the jobs I've seen advertised have said that experience is required, and I have none. The only job I've ever had was in an office, and this doesn't seem to be the kind of experience that is wanted for the two roles I was thinking of applying for; bar work or chalet host. Does anyone have any advice?
         Jump to Top
OLD MAN OF LECH
Administrator
TRAVELING
#3  Re: Lack of experience  28 Jun '16 at 16:46
Hi Ed. No need for 'experience' if applying for a chalet host role though you will need to demonstrate some basic level of cooking skills. If you have never worked a bar, chances of landing that role I would estimate as nil. Get you CV in to several TO's ASAP, it's getting to be peak hiring time. If you can demonstrate a likable personality, adaptability, a quick mind and willingness to work hard for little reward, you might land a role. Also do you have any skills that are relevant to working in a ski resort? IE can you ski? Rep roles are plentiful, and offer some of the best on snow time.
         Jump to Top
Appetency
Melbourne
#4  Re: Lack of experience  1 Aug '16 at 12:33
I also had such a problem. Thanks for the qualitative advice admin.
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview
- Do you need a Food Hygiene Certificate for Chalet
- Skishop job in Val Thorens