La Plagne-Montchavin //

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  rosiereindeer    On:  Fri 4th November, 2005 at 17:52
rosiereindeer
Canterbury
#1  La Plagne-Montchavin  4 Nov '05 at 17:52
Hi guys, like loads of others its my first season as a chalet housekeeper and wondered if anyone else is going to la plagne. im particualrly looking for people working for Esprit Ski in the montchavin area.Really excited but really nervous.Can anyone tell me what its like on christmas day???
cheers, rosie.
         Jump to Top
Tucker
The Shepherds bush
#2  Re: La Plagne-Montchavin  4 Nov '05 at 18:53
hiya, been to la plagne a couple of times on holiday....its a pretty big resort if not split up a bit. Some good runs up near the glacier and down through the trees to places such as Montalbert (where i stayed). Im working for Esprit as a chalet host in plan-Peisey (les-arcs), and im right next to the la-plagne cable car so if u fancy a tour of Les Arcs on your day off let me know!

I'll prob upgrade my local ski pass to a Paradiski pass, prob worth you doing this as well, so that i can ski in La Plagne and Les Arcs!

Jon
Ever notice that people never say "It's only a game" when they're winning?
         Jump to Top
rosiereindeer
Canterbury
#3  Re: La Plagne-Montchavin  4 Nov '05 at 19:06
ill try and do that, that would be really cool.everyone seems to be working in tignes and peisey.actually that was from the do at the hand and flower.what is normally the day off??
         Jump to Top
Tucker
The Shepherds bush
#4  Re: La Plagne-Montchavin  4 Nov '05 at 19:15
ha, i got to that party so late!! so only met a few people! Sure there will be loads of people out there with ya!! The day off is usually thu
         Jump to Top
belgian vince
just back from australia, already back in austria
#5  Re: La Plagne-Montchavin  4 Nov '05 at 19:49
hey rosie, see my other topic and convince me to go to la plagne... still have to make my mind up
"There is no sense of possibility if there is no reality, but I could be wrong of course" - R. Musil
         Jump to Top
#6  Re: La Plagne-Montchavin  4 Nov '05 at 20:46
Heya

Im going out to La Plagne on 8th December, to work as a Chalet Host for Silver Ski, cant wait- but having serious problems trying to get everything into my bag! My chalet is down in 1800, never been to La Plagne before, but really looking forward to it!

See you there

x
         Jump to Top
Tucker
The Shepherds bush
#7  Re: La Plagne-Montchavin  4 Nov '05 at 21:04
hey sinead, if u get chance go down to Plagne Montalbert and go to a club called l'hexagon, u will NEVER forget it!
         Jump to Top
Amazon
Southampton..again.
#8  Re: La Plagne-Montchavin  5 Nov '05 at 14:17
I only managet to get to Les Arc 3 times last season.
Garlic bread, I've tasted it, it's the future - Peter Kay in Phoenix Nights

05/06-Meribel/La Tania...Eventually Les Gets-Resort Rep
04/05-La Plagne (mostly)-Chalet Host
01/02-Tignes-Chalet Host
         Jump to Top
rosiereindeer
Canterbury
#9  Re: La Plagne-Montchavin  6 Nov '05 at 14:00
am gonna be training in les arcs so hopefully ill get to see what its all about.when are u going to be there from, tucker?
         Jump to Top
rodent
From Vail back to London
#10  Re: La Plagne-Montchavin  6 Nov '05 at 19:14
Rosie,

Montchavin is wicked - well if you are good at making you own fun! There is only one real pub in there - run by alan who is wicked - he used to work in Formula One / racing and has a whole little room full of pics of his racing days in the 70's!!! There is also the famous OXYGENE!!!! The cheesiest club in the WORLD!!! You can walk up to Les Coches and there are a few more pubs up there.... I have done 2 summers for esprit in the Mont Blanc which is a WICKED chalet - love it, apparently its getting a hot tub for this season - the others are all OK ish. but then again - am biased!!!! staff accomodation has been OK in the past, and skiing is totally amazing in La Plagne, but the run down to Montchavin sometimes leaves a little to be desired on teh snow front!!!!

There are about 5 esprit chalets there and a whole load of childcare stafff so there will be plenty of others there and it is wicked..... I spent first season for esprit in Le Praz which is similar and had the best time.... Not working for them anymore, but you should have a wicked season!!!!
         Jump to Top
rosiereindeer
Canterbury
#11  Re: La Plagne-Montchavin  7 Nov '05 at 07:48
cheers,someone who has actually given me real advice,i feel more excited and less nervous now iv been able to talk to a few people about it.The staff accomodation, generally speaking, is it in the chalet your working in or outside.....
         Jump to Top
rodent
From Vail back to London
#12  Re: La Plagne-Montchavin  7 Nov '05 at 10:18
Depends on which chalet you are in, and the ratio of girls to boy etc as to where you are living. There is staff accomodation below the Mont Fort and below the Versoye, but then again, it changes each year, but honestly - Montchavin is v small and so you are never far away from your chalet.......

It is a really pretty alpine village, not been there in the winter (except to ski past) but reckon you'll have a good one!!!
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#13  Re: La Plagne-Montchavin  7 Nov '05 at 10:25
Hi roders

I've been trying to help people in your absence but most of my posts go something like, "erm.. I dont know... ops: "

Jump to Top
rodent
From Vail back to London
#14  Re: La Plagne-Montchavin  7 Nov '05 at 11:00
nice one mista!!

When i go in 3 weeks time you're gonna have to take my place!!! Get researching!!!

(just thought - you're going too - whose gonna help these people when we are gone!!!)
         Jump to Top
peds
Chamonix
#15  Re: La Plagne-Montchavin  7 Nov '05 at 11:04
rosie, look across the valley and you'll see my childishly grinning face, as i am in plan peisey like tucker.

the skiing around where we are is fantastic, you are perfectly situated if you are into offpiste trees for a start - the forests are fantastic above montchavin, and across the vanoise cable car the trees above peisey-vallandry are phenomenal.
as rodent has mentioned, the snow on the runs down into montchavin can get a little non-existant at times (skiing on, quite literally, a path 1 metre wide late last season ), but higher up the snow stays peachy just fine.
you are slap-bang in the centre of paradiski, the best ski area in the alps (in my humble opinion)
"Thrill-seeking? Sensation-seeking? What flavour is red? What colour is spice?"
         Jump to Top

Next >
Latest Posts
- Who Are the 19 Worst Guests in a Ski Chalet?
- Looking for roommate St.Anton season 17/18
- Morzine beds available
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort