jus want to get out ther //

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  kernowben    On:  Sat 24th September, 2005 at 12:00
kernowben
Cornwall
#1  jus want to get out ther  24 Sep '05 at 12:00
damn i jus want to get out ther now !! all this chat of skiin and snow etc is makin me impatient.!! Anyone else desperate to get out there?
         Jump to Top
peds
Chamonix
#2  Re: jus want to get out ther  24 Sep '05 at 12:18
Nah, I'm good. I really enjoy this flat, featureless country with its constant rain and lack of genepi.

[/sarcasm]
"Thrill-seeking? Sensation-seeking? What flavour is red? What colour is spice?"
         Jump to Top
billy_wiz
West Country, Somerset.
#3  Re: jus want to get out ther  24 Sep '05 at 13:51

Originally posted by peds

Nah, I'm good. I really enjoy this flat, featureless country with its constant rain and lack of genepi.

[/sarcasm]
right with you on that one!
         Jump to Top
WELSHPHILL
MERIBEL, FRANCE
#4  Re: jus want to get out ther  24 Sep '05 at 17:00
try bein out ther already, it's just as hard (fa-nar fa-nar) waitin for da snow here too, but at least i can take me landi or mountain bike n go hoonin round da hill, pop inda ronni see how it's cummin on n dicks opens up for birfdays n we have regular piss-ups (evolution 2nite chili n chips) wid no punters *uckin it up!!!
jealous now r ya!!!!!
GO HARD OR GO HOME!!
         Jump to Top
the_chocoholic
La Clusaz
#5  Re: jus want to get out ther  24 Sep '05 at 17:07
One week left hurrah! Phill you got your car back toghether then or is this a new one?

enjoy chilli and chips tonight you lucky bugger. Ask Rich if he's interested in any bands playing over there. I know of some who really want to come out, including a live d'n'b band and a brilliant soul band, amongst the usual guitar-based stuff.
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#6  Re: jus want to get out ther  24 Sep '05 at 17:12

Originally posted by the_chocoholic

including a live d'n'b band and a brilliant soul band.

Send them out to Val D!
         Jump to Top
the_chocoholic
La Clusaz
#7  Re: jus want to get out ther  24 Sep '05 at 17:14
Hmmm, Dicks in Val D? Maybe I can sort something out...

If you're interested, their name is Moe Foe (www.moefoe.co.uk). They're supporting Tim Westwood when he comes to Cambridge, which is all a bit bizarre...
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#8  Re: jus want to get out ther  24 Sep '05 at 17:17
You got any demo tunes i could pass around?

There's other bars with live music apart form D!cks, although live D&B band would sound like a good night out there too...
         Jump to Top
WELSHPHILL
MERIBEL, FRANCE
#9  Re: jus want to get out ther  24 Sep '05 at 17:18
nah, it's me old girl... bought a rangie off stig n took the front axle (not gettin too technical for you cos you is a girl) off it n got on't road again...
also vow'd never to drive when i'm really piss'd... which i'm sure i'll stick to cos i is all grow'd n mature n that
by da way ave you gotta computer permanatly(sic) strapp'd to your wrist or summat (perhaps that's why you've never bin satisfied)
bring on da annecy mission, i'll cum n bug ya on me way back from geneva...
if ya fancy goin ta s.wales n pickin up me boat, i'll let ya wave to me as i sail off...
GO HARD OR GO HOME!!
         Jump to Top
WELSHPHILL
MERIBEL, FRANCE
#10  Re: jus want to get out ther  24 Sep '05 at 17:24
oh n ave ya got n.e. cd's of da bands that ya can send me or put em on mp3 n e-mail me cos i is fully up to date wid all da gadgets of newness...
yeh, dat's reet, i'm in touch wid da youth of today, not as much as i'd like mind you, but ya get wot ya can when ya can.... which reminds me there's a builder up in mot-er-ray that's call'd matt, who says he will if you will!?!?
GO HARD OR GO HOME!!
         Jump to Top
Emily
Hampshire
#11  Re: jus want to get out ther  24 Sep '05 at 17:32

Originally posted by billy_wiz

Originally posted by peds

[/sarcasm]
right with you on that one!

It's not just the great Brittish terrain that I can't get enuff of. The thing I'm really going to miss when I'm taking that picturesk stroll to my chalet, is the daily UK commute. Bumper to bumper for an hour a day, who could ask 4 more!
http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/emily-bruce-cert-rp/15/83a/207
         Jump to Top
WELSHPHILL
MERIBEL, FRANCE
#12  Re: jus want to get out ther  24 Sep '05 at 17:34
oh how i miss diesel fumes n long que's, you lucky, lucky people
GO HARD OR GO HOME!!
         Jump to Top
the_chocoholic
La Clusaz
#13  Re: jus want to get out ther  24 Sep '05 at 17:36
Phill, glad to hear it's back on the road.

I'll see what I can do demo-wise, although it may be easier to get the bands to send them out once I'm there, since I still haven't started packing up my room. That's what I'm supposed to be doing now...oops...

Would tow your boat over, but I don't know if my little Golf is really powerful enough. Jess just bought a Subaru 4x4 which she's bringing out, if you want to bug her instead )

Mista, I think Moe Foe have some demos on their website. I am working my way through another pile of demos today, so I may find theirs in there somewhere too. If you have gmail or something I can send them to you and Phill via e-mail. I don't know anyone in Val D, but I was thinking there might be a chance of all the Dicks Tea Bars putting on the same touring band to save on costs. I'm guessing they'd be up for playing as many gigs as possible.
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#15  Re: jus want to get out ther  25 Sep '05 at 11:41
Hey Choco, just havin a listen to the moe foe, I like.
         Jump to Top
the_chocoholic
La Clusaz
#16  Re: jus want to get out ther  25 Sep '05 at 16:02
Cool. They're definitely the most professional local(ish) act I've seen over the last few years. Glad you like what you're hearing, Mista. Then times better live, too.

Phil, just noticed your Matt comment. Hmmm, should I revert my ways...? Oh, I know: is he cute?
         Jump to Top

Next >
Latest Posts
- Who Are the 19 Worst Guests in a Ski Chalet?
- Looking for roommate St.Anton season 17/18
- Morzine beds available
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort