Job or Season?? //

< Prev
Author
  Topic Started By:  lindos    On:  Tue 13th September, 2005 at 07:58
lindos
Godalming, Surrey
#19  Re: Job or Season??  13 Sep '05 at 12:59
Depends whose stump it is!!!!!
Tact is for people not smart enough to be sarcastic!
         Jump to Top
Molly83
scotland
#20  Re: Job or Season??  13 Sep '05 at 13:06

Originally posted by Kenzie

Originally posted by Molly83

Originally posted by lindos

We haven't won the footie world cup since '66 and we still go on about that!
So I think we will going on about the Ashes for a fair while as well, seen as we have been through so many dark cricketing years.

apparently in 1966 it wasn't actually the world cup then it was some other trophy!

i was having a conversation with some random boys from new zealand on saturday about cricket, not sure why

You fancied them?

no although they did have rigger boots in their flat so there was potential
         Jump to Top
Super G
Cumbria
#21  Re: Job or Season??  13 Sep '05 at 14:33

oh my god, for the next 200 years all we'll hear about is how england won the god damn ashes

You seem a bit bitter? I'm sure you will be exactly the same when Scotland eventually win something!!!
         Jump to Top
fraggle_rock
London
#22  Re: Job or Season??  14 Sep '05 at 13:37

Its a I'm nearly 30 sort of question!!
I am 31, chucking in my 'real' job for a season snow shoveling and dealing with rich ski types, for my FIRST season.
         Jump to Top
Molly83
scotland
#23  Re: Job or Season??  14 Sep '05 at 13:48

Originally posted by Super G

oh my god, for the next 200 years all we'll hear about is how england won the god damn ashes

You seem a bit bitter? I'm sure you will be exactly the same when Scotland eventually win something!!!

scotland have won plenty of things!
         Jump to Top
WTFH
Surrey
#24  Re: Job or Season??  14 Sep '05 at 13:51

scotland have won plenty of things!

Such as?
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
Molly83
scotland
#25  Re: Job or Season??  14 Sep '05 at 13:55
eh.........
curling?!
snooker!
skiing!

give me a while ill find something

anyway there are more people in london than the WHOLE of scotland so no wonder we don't beat you all at stuff you have so many more people to choose from

AND we won at bannockburn!!
         Jump to Top
Kenzie
God's own county/Tignes/South America/North America/Australasia/Asia/Africa
#26  Re: Job or Season??  14 Sep '05 at 13:57

eh.........
curling?!
snooker!
skiing!

anyway there are more people in london than the WHOLE of scotland so no wonder we don't beat you all at stuff you have so many more people to choose from

AND we won at bannockburn!!

Unfortunately we lost most of the return fixtures. :no:
         Jump to Top
Bags
London
#27  Re: Job or Season??  14 Sep '05 at 14:08
I fail to see what all this Scotland chat has to do with original thread...

Originally posted by fraggle_rock

I am 31, chucking in my 'real' job for a season snow shoveling and dealing with rich ski types, for my FIRST season.

Good on you. It appears that's what Pistedonkey did and it doesn't look like he regrets it.

Lindos - I think the Aus option sounds great. I intend to move there myself at some point. Australia, France or California - haven't quite decided yet! I suppose it really depends how much you want to do a season. I definitely think you should go for it if you can - better to regret something you have done than something you haven't etc etc. Also lots of employers are quite pro the sabbatical idea these days so what have you got to lose? Could the Australia option wait until next year?
"I am a very good skier...in my mind. However, video evidence suggests that I'm rubbish. I look like a bus driver in a primary-coloured anorak, sitting on an imaginary lavatory. Also I can only turn right. So to mask my embarrassment, and the pain in my thighs, I ski only when very drunk. I can recommend this wholeheartedly." Jeremy Clarkson
         Jump to Top
lindos
Godalming, Surrey
#28  Re: Job or Season??  14 Sep '05 at 14:34
Hey Bags,
I guess Aus could wait for a while as I could get a job down there at any point. The reason I was seriously thinking about it is because the employer was willing to sponsor me.
Tact is for people not smart enough to be sarcastic!
         Jump to Top
Bags
London
#29  Re: Job or Season??  14 Sep '05 at 15:33

Hey Bags,
I guess Aus could wait for a while as I could get a job down there at any point. The reason I was seriously thinking about it is because the employer was willing to sponsor me.

Yeah the employer-sponsored option is usually the way to go. I have no idea of your circumstances but I think it is actually quite difficult to move there otherwise. Silly points system etc. Unless you do the working visa thing and get a job with an Australian company that would be willing to sponsor you once it runs out.

What I meant was, I'm presuming you're not going to morph into a turnip during your ski season, in which case surely you'd be just as capable of being offered a similar position on your return? A lot depends on your actual job etc, but all you need to do to move countries is be employed by a big firm with international branches - and there are loads of them about. But you'd only need this if your current employer wouldn't consider allowing you to take a sabbatical... Is that not an option?

My point is, if you really want to do it, I don't think the ski season would be detrimental to your current situation. Unless your mortgage really is that high...then sack off the ski season and just move to Aus to escape the bailiffs.

(Edited for several appalling grammatical errors. Hmm spot the hungover girl...)
Edited 14/09/2005 @ 23:13 Revision #1
"I am a very good skier...in my mind. However, video evidence suggests that I'm rubbish. I look like a bus driver in a primary-coloured anorak, sitting on an imaginary lavatory. Also I can only turn right. So to mask my embarrassment, and the pain in my thighs, I ski only when very drunk. I can recommend this wholeheartedly." Jeremy Clarkson
         Jump to Top
Super G
Cumbria
#30  Re: Job or Season??  14 Sep '05 at 21:07

Originally posted by Bags

[/quote:f0a849218b]
Not a lot really..........
[quote:f0a849218b="Molly83"]eh.........
curling?!
snooker!
skiing!

Snooker....could give you that but was thinking of big team sports.
Skiing.......much as I support our British ski team when have they EVER won anything??? Best result Alain Baxters bronze at the last olympics and they took it off him!

I rest my case!!
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#31  Re: Job or Season??  14 Sep '05 at 22:44
You dont need to hate us. You just slag us off for being rubbish - see above!
         Jump to Top
Molly83
scotland
#32  Re: Job or Season??  15 Sep '05 at 08:41

Originally posted by Bags

[/quote:c403eccf38]
Not a lot really..........
[quote:c403eccf38="Molly83"]eh.........
curling?!
snooker!
skiing!

Snooker....could give you that but was thinking of big team sports.
Skiing.......much as I support our British ski team when have they EVER won anything??? Best result Alain Baxters bronze at the last olympics and they took it off him!

I rest my case!!

aye well he's scottish, lesley mckenna is scottish, noel is scottish most of the gb team is scottish

and why were you thinking of big team sports, do individual people not count?
         Jump to Top

< Prev
Latest Posts
- Who Are the 19 Worst Guests in a Ski Chalet?
- Looking for roommate St.Anton season 17/18
- Morzine beds available
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort