Job at 16/17 //

Author
  Topic Started By:  xxlisaxxmariexx    On:  Thu 3rd November, 2011 at 03:18
xxlisaxxmariexx
United Kingdom
#1  Job at 16/17  3 Nov '11 at 03:18
Hello, I was wondering if i would be able to get a job when i am maybe 16 or 17 in the Alps as maybe a chalet assistant, it would probably be best if i done it when i am 17 because i am going to be taking a cooking course next year but i just wanted to know, thank you

Lisa
         Jump to Top
sandgroper61
London
#2  Re: Job at 16/17  3 Nov '11 at 07:58
No - as far as I'm aware, British TOs aren't legally allowed to hire anyone under the age of 18.

However, I'm open to correction on this.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

=============================

The difference between a cult and a religion: in a cult, there is someone at the top who knows it's a scam. In a religion, that person is dead.
         Jump to Top
Trucker
Ashford
#3  Re: Job at 16/17  3 Nov '11 at 08:09
That is correct....

You need to be over 18 years old.

But get as much experience as possible and then when you will be in great stead when you are 18.

Good luck
         Jump to Top
sandgroper61
London
#6  Re: Job at 16/17  3 Nov '11 at 13:12
Well, I did say I was open to correction ... the key point is that TOs aren't going to bother when there are so many 18-22yos willing to do the job.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

=============================

The difference between a cult and a religion: in a cult, there is someone at the top who knows it's a scam. In a religion, that person is dead.
         Jump to Top
ksg
Europe
#7  Re: Job at 16/17  12 Nov '11 at 22:08
Its hard to get a job with tour ops at that age, although I do know two chefs that lied their way through and both did seasons at 17 for different tour ops one rhymes with treesound, the other is almost called espirit.

Although, if you're not happy to lie, as this renders your insurance invalid and if you get found out you'll be sent home ect.. Why not try getting a job with a family?
There are plenty of families on http://www.aupair-world.net/ that would be more happy to employ someone under 18 because they're less likely to go out and get drunk alot and be more easy to mold to their needs.
         Jump to Top
Sickter
UK
#8  Re: Job at 16/17  13 Nov '11 at 11:39

Originally posted by ksg

Easy to mould to their needs.

Be careful when people want to mould you to their needs. It never usually ends well especially you being only 17.
         Jump to Top
ima
the sticks
#10  Re: Job at 16/17  13 Nov '11 at 13:43
why not learn some skills, learn the languages and then try something better than a TO job? You do seem to have time for a long term plan
Surfs up Powders down, time to leave this town
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview
- Do you need a Food Hygiene Certificate for Chalet