insure and go.com //

Author
  Topic Started By:  paulriggers    On:  Thu 15th September, 2005 at 16:24
paulriggers
Fareham
#1  insure and go.com  15 Sep '05 at 16:24
I usually use these for my ski insurance. Anyone know of anybody who's maybe more competitive for those working the season?

They're quoting approx £260 for two people for full season inc off piste. All the usual gubbins.

I'll prob have a fair few gadgets and gizmo's so want relatively good cover above and beyond that offered by the TO as standard.

All comments gratefully received...

riggers.
         Jump to Top
Eddies
#2  Re: insure and go.com  15 Sep '05 at 16:38
Me and my bro used Insure and Go when we went Tignes last winter, seemed to be the cheapest we could find at the time..... He fooked his wrist and had no problems claiming all his medical costs and all that back. My mates have used other companies before and had loads of grief trying to get money back after accidents etc. No probs with Insure and go anyway.

In terms of cost for a season though.... dunno about that... so guess this was a wasted post ops:
         Jump to Top
jon
Chamonix
#3  Re: insure and go.com  15 Sep '05 at 18:53
Don't know if insure and go are the cheapest or not, but they are certainly utterly unscrupulous. After having been helicoptered off the mountain last winter my girlfriend has spent 8 months trying to get them to pay up.

They were claiming that she should have phoned their emergency number (from a back stabilising stretcher, in agony, on the snow) to see if they could get the helicopter cheaper from somewhere (one of the many budget carrier rescue helicopters that operate in the Alps, I guess they had in mind!).

They were trying to avoid paying out all together, including for the medical expenses, on this pathetic technicality. After a lengthy appeal to the ombudsman you will be pleased to know they have been ordered to pay up in full.

Avoid Insure and Go like the plague, or risk being left unprotected.
High Mountains - Low Morals

Cham, the novel, out now: http://www.serpentstail.com/book?id=10845
         Jump to Top
Sammyq22
Je deteste Surrey
#5  Re: insure and go.com  15 Sep '05 at 20:10
Sadly insurers will try and get out of paying. They are trying to make money not provide you with a service.

I found www.Ski-Insurance.co.uk to be quite good. Also Dogtag (more expensive though).

Regards

Sam

Should really have read TM post more thoroughly - same companies, I'm going sit in the corner now until instructed otherwise.
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#6  Re: insure and go.com  15 Sep '05 at 20:15
Go dance Sam! pretend nobody's watching too..
         Jump to Top
Sammyq22
Je deteste Surrey
#8  Re: insure and go.com  15 Sep '05 at 23:10
TM Consider it a lesson.

Mista fancy a tango (not the drink) or a waltz? Oh I forgot I'm not called Molly so that won't be possible.
         Jump to Top
drifter
NFA
#9  Re: insure and go.com  16 Sep '05 at 16:34
I remember i was looking at insure and go a few seasons ago, and they said i was only covered for skiing and boarding if i had a leash!! I asked them to clarify what they meant and they explained a snowboard leash. I checked again whether they really expected me to have one for skiing and they said yes, i wouldn't be covered without it. I explained that people don't ski with leashes and they insisted they would not pay up if someone was injured when skiing without a leash! Personally i don't board with one either but i wasn't even going to get into that!

It may have just been an idiot manning the phones who didn't know what they were talking about, but may be some dodgy bit if small print they will try and use to get out of paying. I have never actually used them though so don't know much about whether they do end up paying up.

If you do go with them i would check that out if i were you.
         Jump to Top
the_chocoholic
La Clusaz
#10  Re: insure and go.com  16 Sep '05 at 17:05
Hmmm, I just called annual-insurance.co.uk (same as ski-insurance.co.uk) and asked to up my insurance a season, plus extra time in France, and they won't insure non-season time for more than three months at a go.

They're in the process of changing underwriters (1st October is the change over), so they're not giving out quotes at the moment for what I want. By the sounds of it, they won't give me the insurance I need!

I'm sure they used to...
         Jump to Top
jon
Chamonix
#11  Re: insure and go.com  18 Sep '05 at 21:53

Originally posted by drifter

It may have just been an idiot manning the phones who didn't know what they were talking about, but may be some dodgy bit if small print they will try and use to get out of paying. I have never actually used them though so don't know much about whether they do end up paying up.

Bit of both I reckon, an idiot manning the phones, and from experience I would say they would use even the most ridiculous smallprint to avoid paying up. You'll probably find Insure and Go won't even pay for your stolen camera if your skis don't have a leash.
High Mountains - Low Morals

Cham, the novel, out now: http://www.serpentstail.com/book?id=10845
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort
- How do you get a job?
- Accommodation Le La
- Childcare position Val d'Isere
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort