In LaTania, what are my going out (and coming back) options? //

Author
  Topic Started By:  Red-On    On:  Wed 16th November, 2005 at 14:33
Red-On
#1  In LaTania, what are my going out (and coming back) options?  16 Nov '05 at 14:33
After I have finished the day as chalet host can I get to meribel/Courch easily? and can I ski back or are there buses running?
         Jump to Top
Ruby Doo
Leicester, St.Anton very soon!!
#2  Re: In LaTania, what are my going out (and coming back) options?  16 Nov '05 at 14:47
It is very easy to get to Courcheval as there is a free shuttle bus linking all the villages in that valley. The last shuttle from 1850 is around midnight, maybe later(?) and I don't think it's possible to ski back from 1850 to La Tania. Meri is more tricky as it is the nest valley over - may well involve a bus to Moutiers down the valley and then another up to Meri.
         Jump to Top
moj
#3  Re: In LaTania, what are my going out (and coming back) options?  16 Nov '05 at 21:04

Originally posted by Ruby Doo

It is very easy to get to Courcheval as there is a free shuttle bus linking all the villages in that valley. The last shuttle from 1850 is around midnight, maybe later(?) and I don't think it's possible to ski back from 1850 to La Tania. Meri is more tricky as it is the nest valley over - may well involve a bus to Moutiers down the valley and then another up to Meri.

Yeah Courch' is easy enough to get to it's the getting back that's the problem (Ruby is correct, you can't ski), it's really something you'd do on the night before your day off and get a cab or hitch hike back.

Then there's le praz, shuttle bus there and a drunken 20min walk home.

Meri is the more fun option, if there's enough of you a taxi wouldn't be too expensive. Going down the valley and up again is really out of the question imho and I'm not aware of anyone who did it.

Then La Tania is by no means a bad night out, the ski lodge caters to drunken night out needs (Iain M rates it as one of the top 10 in the alps) and there's the Taiga for a classier drink.

Originally posted by toiletduck

Alright, I'd like to say that all eople with 3 letter forum names beginning with M, who've been heli skiing in NZ are twats with the social skills of a dead horse and should probably be banned from the internet in general, as well as sharp objects.
         Jump to Top
T-Vox
Southampton/courchevel
#4  Re: Live music in La Tania  29 Nov '05 at 22:11
Yeah the Ski lodge in La Tania is where my band will be playing every 2nd Tuesday from late jan onwards (if we get the contract, it's looking godd!) So maybe I'll see you there - from behind a microphone!
Join me on the world of myspace: www.myspace.com/tomofbass I'm pretty new to this "web personality" thing so come and boost my ego by joining my friends list!
         Jump to Top
LT17
#5  Re: In LaTania, what are my going out (and coming back) options?  1 Dec '05 at 12:16
hey, whr u stayin in la tania? wanting some accomodation thr if uve gt ne space.
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort
- How do you get a job?
- Accommodation Le La
- Childcare position Val d'Isere
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort