How can I get a Job in Tignes? //

Author
  Topic Started By:  philykins    On:  Fri 30th December, 2005 at 23:20
philykins
#1  How can I get a Job in Tignes?  30 Dec '05 at 23:20
Im going to Tignes on the 15th of Jan, crashing with Skiworld people for 2 weeks on the hope of finding a job out there. Can I have some tips please?

I was out there a few weeks ago, but only Bar work on offer and I need a tour operator job really. Im obviously hoping for people to either have broken something/got fired/or homesick.

Should I ring all companys next week and say im going out there or should i just wander around everywhere when im there?
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#2  Re: Re: How can I get a Job in Tignes?  30 Dec '05 at 23:47

Originally posted by philykins

only Bar work on offer and I need a tour operator job really. [/quote:3346da7246]

Why?

[quote:3346da7246]Should I ring all companys next week and say im going out there or should i just wander around everywhere when im there?

Both
         Jump to Top
philykins
#3  Re: How can I get a Job in Tignes?  31 Dec '05 at 18:58
Because Bar work doesnt always come with accomadation, food, lift pass, insurance etc... which all comes with Tour operators. I can't afford to pay for them, unless bar pays vv well!!
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#4  Re: How can I get a Job in Tignes?  1 Jan '06 at 18:53
If you work for a french employer you will get decent pay and might get accomodation too. I worked for frewnch hotels one season and broke even at the end which most people weorking for TOs dont manage. If you have a french contract your lift pass will only cost you 386 euros for the season. Most jobs in resort have perks about food and drink involved somewhere. I dont know how easy you would actually find getting a bar job but you shouldn't limit yourself to only wanting a specific job.
         Jump to Top
philykins
#5  Re: How can I get a Job in Tignes?  2 Jan '06 at 19:01
Cheers for the advice!

I will ask around the bars etc anyway im sure, but probably will find it difficult to find any accomadation at this stage in the season, unless im replacing someone in staff accomadation.
         Jump to Top
rodent
From Vail back to London
#6  Re: How can I get a Job in Tignes?  3 Jan '06 at 06:21
Would deff ring Skiworld, Total, Esprit, Ski Olympic as they all have quite a large representation in Tignes and if you leave a number / get a manager's number if there are any vacancies they can interview you while you are there.....

Would then talk to anybody and everybody you are in with a good chance!!!!

Good Luck!!
         Jump to Top
Kenzie
God's own county/Tignes/South America/North America/Australasia/Asia/Africa
#7  Re: How can I get a Job in Tignes?  4 Jan '06 at 08:27
People looking out here - there is nothing going at the moment!
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview
- Do you need a Food Hygiene Certificate for Chalet
- Skishop job in Val Thorens