How Bloody Long!? //

Author
  Topic Started By:  PHILB    On:  Thu 10th November, 2005 at 15:28
PHILB
Bath
#1  How Bloody Long!?  10 Nov '05 at 15:28
Good old Crystal finally found the time to give me details about departure times etc. What I was surprised about however, was that despite being asked our 3 nearest airports we wished to depart from on our application form (despite being told we would leave from London anyway) I now find out that we're 'coaching' it over there anyway. Gutted! I went to Euro Disney a few years ago and that took 12 hours from Bath. The french part of the journey itself took 4 hours, and I'm going to Risoul, and that's right in the South of the Alps. It looks easily 4 times as long looking at the map from Paris. I reckon that makes it a good 24 hour journey

My car also got broken into last night, and I was going to sell it next week. With a front passenger door prised outwards, that's going to take a lot of money away from the asking price. Not sure if it will be worth getting the insurance company involved. Missed out on a days pay as well as I had to get everything sorted.
Oh well, I'll be down the pub in a couple of hours, and I'll spill my heart out down there. Might get a sympathy pint out of it though (or bluntly told to Sod Off ).
As Cats Have Nine Lives, That Makes Them Ideal To Experiment On.
         Jump to Top
peds
Chamonix
#2  Re: How Bloody Long!?  10 Nov '05 at 15:32
unlucky about the car dude.

but really, the coach journey isnt that bad
Get drunk enough, you may actually enjoy it!
"Thrill-seeking? Sensation-seeking? What flavour is red? What colour is spice?"
         Jump to Top
sam_c
North London
#3  Re: How Bloody Long!?  10 Nov '05 at 15:47

Originally posted by peds

yeh cos then you won't notice the stink of vomit, sh*te & urine until at least your first hangover about 14 hours into the journey

04/05 & 05/06 - Meribel, D!cks Tea Bar, DJ
         Jump to Top
peds
Chamonix
#4  Re: How Bloody Long!?  10 Nov '05 at 15:50

Originally posted by sam_c

Originally posted by peds

yeh cos then you won't notice the stink of vomit, sh*te & urine until at least your first hangover about 14 hours into the journey

spend the first hour of the journey in the toilet itself, and you wont notice the smell for the rest of journey.
others will notice it on you, unfortunately... :P

but nah, i enjoy the coach journey... reminds me of the days as an ickle person going on my parents' school ski trips (they did them every year since i was around 4).
nothing beats the smell of diesel fumes, they mean you are going to the alps!
"Thrill-seeking? Sensation-seeking? What flavour is red? What colour is spice?"
         Jump to Top
Mouther
South London atm Val d'Isere 28th!
#5  Re: How Bloody Long!?  10 Nov '05 at 16:12
Coach journeys suck! Went on a 26hour one to east germany this summer. One girl decided to sleep on the floor. Mistake! Esspecially when someone dropped their water bottle which exploded all over her and her stuff. AND Coach drivers always puts on a crappy 3hour DVDs of their favorite golden oldie german bands and crank up the volume so that you can't even drown it out with Hardcore Speed Power metal.
My advice Always take a pillow and earplugs ( taking those anyway :P .... shared accomodation) and for emergency situations a box of horse tranquilisers.
         Jump to Top
big white lines
Leicester
#6  Re: How Bloody Long!?  10 Nov '05 at 16:52

Originally posted by Mouther

a box of horse tranquilisers.

In my experience horse tranquilisers would produce a more hallucinagenic effect. although it would make the journey pass quickly, not how you want to be rembered by the rest of your collegues
         Jump to Top
Mouther
South London atm Val d'Isere 28th!
#7  Re: How Bloody Long!?  10 Nov '05 at 16:58
No no no. The tranquilisers are for the coach driver.
"look who's driving the coach now!" Mwuahaha !!!

*cough*
         Jump to Top
Whitemoon
Nottingham/Courchevel
#8  Re: How Bloody Long!?  10 Nov '05 at 18:26
I've done that journey so many times and I never get sick of it. There's always a laugh to be had! Bit of advice though... Don't ever go to Australia, you'll be in for a shock. If you did the East Coast in one go it would take approximately 5 days, and that's just one coast... Though it does make you immune to any long journeys.
Have fun!
stephanie x
*The sensual caress of waist deep cold smoke.... glory in skiing virgin snow, in being the first to mark the powder with the signature of their run*

*Powder snow skiing is not fun. It's life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality*
         Jump to Top
Robbo27
Sauze D'Oulx
#9  Re: How Bloody Long!?  10 Nov '05 at 18:27
I could handle the coach journey but getting a seasons worth of gear into central London, where the bus departs, really sucks!
If you don't like the heat stay up a mountain
         Jump to Top
PHILB
Bath
#10  Re: How Bloody Long!?  12 Nov '05 at 07:24
I must admit, the ear-plug idea is a good one. I'll take a peek in Boots or something before I leave and pick some up.
I'm kinda hoping that the exictment of the prospect of doing my first bit of skiing will help the journey go a lot quicker than what I'm fearing at the moment. I remember being stuck at Gatwick for 15 hours a few years ago on my way to Tenerife a few years ago, and that time flew by because I was so exicted. Here's hoping anyway.
As Cats Have Nine Lives, That Makes Them Ideal To Experiment On.
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview
- Do you need a Food Hygiene Certificate for Chalet
- Skishop job in Val Thorens