HELP..how to get to grenoble from meri-hell!!! //

Author
  Topic Started By:  ninja midget    On:  Wed 26th December, 2007 at 23:44
ninja midget
somewhere in europe
#1  HELP..how to get to grenoble from meri-hell!!!  26 Dec '07 at 23:44
does anyone have any info or know where to find any on how to get from meribel to grenoble airport? i've done countless searches but all i've found so far is one bus which runs at 8.45am every day..really don't want to get that as my flight is at 9am which means i'd have to go a full 24 hours in advance! obviously i've accepted that i'll probably have to leave the evening before and spend the night in the airport but i'd rather be there as little time as possible clearly! the flight is on saturday morning so any help would be much appreciated! presumably there'll be a train or something from moutiers but can i find out when? apparently not!
people say life is short.
how can life be short?
what can you do that's longer?
         Jump to Top
will_uk
Manchester, UK
#2  Re: HELP..how to get to grenoble from meri-hell!!!  27 Dec '07 at 11:55
I trust you've tried this page...?
http://www.meribel.net/home.asp?id=342&saison=20081&langue=en

If you're feeling flush you could get a helicopter transfer. Haha.
On that page there's a link to a timetable of busses from Meribel to Moutiers - I'd assume getting from there to Grenoble wouldn't be much hassle.

Might be worth looking into getting a hostel in Grenoble - get to grenoble mid to late afternoon and have an early night - get up around 5am or 6am and transfer to the airport (presumably taxi or maybe a local bus if they run that early) - That should make the whole experience much more pleasant.

Never been to Merri or Grenoble so can't give specific advice - but I expect the Moutiers thing might help.

Try this for Moutiers - Grenoble CLICK HERE
If that link doesn't work - try www.voyages-sncf.com and enter Moutiers Salins and Grenoble.

I've looked on the Grenoble Ariport website and it doens't say anything about a rail link - presumably you'll have to transfer by bus or taxi to get to the airport itself. The airport site says...

Originally posted by

The bus service between the airport and Grenoble is now managed by the Isère transit authority, giving it the benefit of the new rates introduced recently. There is a regular service to the bus station in Grenoble, connecting to services to local ski resorts and other regional centres.

I'd suggest looking into buses from Meribel to Grenoble and transfers from there - trains from Moutiers to Grenoble (though that's probably one extra change when you include getting to Moutiers in the first place) - and possibly private transfers/taxis.

There's always the hostel idea too. One bus Merri to Grenoble, stay the night and head for the airport bright and early.
Chamonix - gotta love it.
2008 season here I come!
         Jump to Top
mickworld
London
#3  Re: HELP..how to get to grenoble from meri-hell!!!  27 Dec '07 at 13:15
Grenoble AIrport - Grenoble SNCF - by shuttle coach

Then by train to Moutiers

However, on a Saturday morning you shouldn't have much trouble buying a transfer to Meribel (or at least Moutiers) on the day with a Tour Op
         Jump to Top
will_uk
Manchester, UK
#4  Re: HELP..how to get to grenoble from meri-hell!!!  27 Dec '07 at 21:24
Mick - I think the issue is going Meribel to Grenoble and not the other way, and for a 9am flight.
2008 season here I come!
         Jump to Top
mickworld
London
#5  Re: HELP..how to get to grenoble from meri-hell!!!  28 Dec '07 at 10:24
So it is - cheers, will - teach me to read properly!

In which case, I think ninja has a major problem - sorry!
         Jump to Top
arcticmonkey
#6  Re: HELP..how to get to grenoble from meri-hell!!!  28 Dec '07 at 10:36
http://www.meribel-unplugged.co.uk/Grenoble_airport_meribel_bus_service.htm

it says the bus back leaves just after it arrives in meribel...so isn't there one at about 15.45 on friday evening which would get you back to grenoble at about 6.15ish?
         Jump to Top
Tiny
a town called Alice
#8  Re: HELP..how to get to grenoble from meri-hell!!!  28 Dec '07 at 11:07
Grenoble Airports rubbish.
People should smile more
         Jump to Top
will_uk
Manchester, UK
#9  Re: Re: HELP..how to get to grenoble from meri-hell!!!  3 Jan '08 at 21:30

Originally posted by elvis

Originally posted by ninja midget

i've accepted that i'll probably have to leave the evening before and spend the night in the airport

Good luck with that.

Brilliant website. Haha.
2008 season here I come!
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort
- How do you get a job?
- Accommodation Le La
- Childcare position Val d'Isere
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort