Help a girl out... //

Author
  Topic Started By:  Huit-a-bix    On:  Tue 11th October, 2005 at 21:18
Huit-a-bix
Chamonix!!! :)
#1  Help a girl out...  11 Oct '05 at 21:18
6 weeks to go & someone has stolen all my gear incl board & brand new boots! I have literally been left with a pair of goggles & gloves!

This is my first season folks & I dont know too much about it, all I know is that I am up shite creek & just don't have the money to splash out on new gear. I got most my stuff from charity shops at the end of the season so you see the dilemma!

Any suggestions?

lease:
         Jump to Top
WTFH
Surrey
#2  Re: Help a girl out...  11 Oct '05 at 21:36
House insurance?
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
moj
#3  Re: Help a girl out...  11 Oct '05 at 21:37
Company you're working for provide ski hire?

OR

TKmaxx (a little desperate)

OR

http://www.natives.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2981

Originally posted by toiletduck

Alright, I'd like to say that all eople with 3 letter forum names beginning with M, who've been heli skiing in NZ are twats with the social skills of a dead horse and should probably be banned from the internet in general, as well as sharp objects.
         Jump to Top
Huit-a-bix
#4  Re: Help a girl out...  11 Oct '05 at 22:28
TKMaxx is our friend however the insurance man is not.
Is gear cheap out there or is it a case of once there, people can charge what they like? Ala internet access is really £6 phr?! I've already been robbed once!

:rectum: :chainsaw:
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#5  Re: Help a girl out...  11 Oct '05 at 22:41
You'll get seasonnaire discount if you persuade them you're a seasonnaire. This will mean it is about the same price as it is here. You get half decent end of season clearance sales out there but this isn't really much use for you at the moment. TK-Max is your best option I reckon.

I'm sorry to say it but for boots you are pretty knackered. The only method i have found for getting the right boots is to spend enough money on them. Secondhand really isn't the best way to go. As for boards and bindings can you get free rental from your employer till you can afford to get a board?
         Jump to Top
bored surfin
#7  Re: Help a girl out...  12 Oct '05 at 07:28

Originally posted by Dinosaur

Originally posted by

Ala internet access is really £6 phr?!

Where's that at? I bet it's not very busy.

Hilton Hotels £7.00 an hour!
         Jump to Top
WELSHPHILL
MERIBEL, FRANCE
#8  Re: Help a girl out...  12 Oct '05 at 13:54
if ya cummin ta meribel i'll give ya a sum pants n a jacket don't kno ya size but i've got quite a bit of kit, mite even be able ta help ya oot wid a board... snot brand new stuff but'll it keep ya warm n dry n get ya out on't hill... i'm sure i can help ya oot...

if ya doin a season, sum cool shops (you'll have to work out which ones) will let ya "drop ya passport" this means ya give em ya passport for the season (or till ya pay em back) n they let ya hav credit for stuff, you'll hav ta live off ya tips n pay em back from ya wages
GO HARD OR GO HOME!!
         Jump to Top
Huit-a-bix
#9  Re: Help a girl out...  12 Oct '05 at 16:42
I really appreciate that guys. If I see you lot - I'll bring the absinthe x

I've got a mate DJing in Chemonix who'd trying to sort me out a place. Heard thats the best place to have the best time minus the Blackpooleque crowd. Then I'm gonna try and get a job. Think thats the best way judging from what I've read on here re operators!
Sorry for my Billyness!
         Jump to Top
DP
#10  Re: Help a girl out...  17 Oct '05 at 01:05
I'd try to get a job before you go, at least you've got something to got to, even if you decide to leave it straight away. I'm in Les Gets for the winter but have stacks of old gear and boards and will be going to Chamonix occasionally, what size feet/board are you?
         Jump to Top
joesno
#11  Re: Help a girl out...  20 Oct '05 at 15:31
check SoulX out as your in brighton, sure they're a freestyle ski shop but it's worth popping your head in as they had some good half price jkts/pants in there... they are literally as you come down from preston park station.
everything looks better when you're upside down...
         Jump to Top
KateH
#12  Re: Help a girl out...  31 Oct '05 at 15:06
I'm selling a Lib Tech snowboard with bindings that i won in a raffle and have only used once so it's still in top condition. Am also located in Brighton so let me know what size board you're looking for. Have got other bits and pieces - goggles and gloves and stuff if you need those too.
         Jump to Top
belgian vince
just back from australia, already back in austria
#13  Re: Help a girl out...  2 Nov '05 at 13:42
dunno where u're heading but if it's anywhere near La Plagne you can always head for "Hôtel-Chalet Aigle Rouge" @ Montalbert and ask for me. Quite sure there'll be some drunk client again who will have left a complete outfit in his room upon departure ;-) Now just hope it's your size ;-)
"There is no sense of possibility if there is no reality, but I could be wrong of course" - R. Musil
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Who Are the 19 Worst Guests in a Ski Chalet?
- Looking for roommate St.Anton season 17/18
- Morzine beds available
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort