Going to the Alps ~11th Feb, returning 1 week later... //

Author
  Topic Started By:  qpwoei    On:  Sun 29th January, 2012 at 13:05
qpwoei
#1  Going to the Alps ~11th Feb, returning 1 week later...  29 Jan '12 at 13:05
3 spaces in my car going to the Alps on ~11th Feb, returning the following weekend. Leaving from Sheffield but can pick up along way. PM me if interested
         Jump to Top
snowlover
UK
#2  Re: Going to the Alps ~11th Feb, returning 1 week later...  29 Jan '12 at 20:55
Where are you heading for?
         Jump to Top
qpwoei
#3  Re: Going to the Alps ~11th Feb, returning 1 week later...  29 Jan '12 at 20:58

Originally posted by snowlover

Where are you heading for?

Not sure yet... either Les 2 Alpes, Flaine, Val d'Isere or Chamonix but could do a detour if needed. Trying to sort out a cheap 1/2 term break but prices are ridiculous
         Jump to Top
snowlover
UK
#4  Re: Going to the Alps ~11th Feb, returning 1 week later...  29 Jan '12 at 21:01
I've struggled to find a cheap half term break (I'm a teacher) to Val - just waiting to see if any of the TO prices drop to be sensible - but £1000+ that's crazy when you add on lift pass etc! If I hear of anything I'll post it here.
         Jump to Top
qpwoei
#5  Re: Going to the Alps ~11th Feb, returning 1 week later...  29 Jan '12 at 21:07

Originally posted by snowlover

I've struggled to find a cheap half term break (I'm a teacher) to Val - just waiting to see if any of the TO prices drop to be sensible - but £1000+ that's crazy when you add on lift pass etc! If I hear of anything I'll post it here.

Yeah it's insane money. I'm doing a PGCE (mainly for the holidays) but I didn't realise how much more it costs to go skiing during these periods. If you find anywhere reasonable in Val let me know - I did a season there and would really like to return
         Jump to Top
snowlover
UK
#6  Re: Going to the Alps ~11th Feb, returning 1 week later...  29 Jan '12 at 21:12
School holidays are great overall, but you are forced to go away at the most expensive times. I don't normally go away at half term but I was in Australia at Christmas so I haven't had my "ski fix" yet! In general, I try and go away before Xmas/Xmas depending on how the holidays fall and Easter as these are more affordable.

I'm going to do a trawl of TO's again over the next couple of days so I'll let you know if I find anything.
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview
- Do you need a Food Hygiene Certificate for Chalet
- Skishop job in Val Thorens