Fun //

< Prev
Author
  Topic Started By:  tecsatan    On:  Tue 13th September, 2005 at 17:53
WTFH
Surrey
#18  Re: Fun  14 Sep '05 at 08:59
Choco,
Don't forget, you can always try selling stuff on here - and Iain doesn't charge a %!
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
Sammyq22
Je deteste Surrey
#19  Re: Fun  14 Sep '05 at 11:21

Originally posted by mista

Hey Sam, how's the not smoking situation going?

Brilliant! Thanks for asking! Think I'm on 15 weeks might be 16 now! Anyway I'm not going back. Not smoking is good. I've been doing excersise aswell! Running and cycling alot. I feel so different, it's hard to describe. When your a smoker, your normal is so much different to a non smokers normal. I feel much more alive!

Regards

Sam
         Jump to Top
Molly83
scotland
#20  Re: Fun  14 Sep '05 at 11:27

Originally posted by Sammyq22

Brilliant! Thanks for asking! Think I'm on 15 weeks might be 16 now! Anyway I'm not going back. Not smoking is good. I've been doing excersise aswell! Running and cycling alot. I feel so different, it's hard to describe. When your a smoker, your normal is so much different to a non smokers normal. I feel much more alive!

Regards

Sam

do you really notice that much of a difference?
         Jump to Top
helsbels
Weston-super-Mare, (Winter 04/05- Lapland then Morzine - Esprit.)
#21  Re: Fun  14 Sep '05 at 11:27

Regards

Sam

fair play sammy!! well done, give your self a pat on the back and buy yourself a pint!
         Jump to Top
sam_c
North London
#22  Re: Fun  14 Sep '05 at 11:29

Regards

Sam

16 wks is good nice one!

I haven't had a cig since friday night now, but my god it's hard work. I'm generally fine until i go into a pub (not if i'm drinking, just if i'm in a pub for some reason). start getting proper twitchy and agitated.
have stopped smoking during the day now tho which was a pretty big step.

ah god see now i'm thinking about cigs i really really want one. f*ck.
04/05 & 05/06 - Meribel, D!cks Tea Bar, DJ
         Jump to Top
Molly83
scotland
#23  Re: Fun  14 Sep '05 at 11:32
yeah i think i might go for one
         Jump to Top
WTFH
Surrey
#24  Re: Fun  14 Sep '05 at 11:34

Regards

Sam

Have you noticed a difference in the taste of food?
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
Sammyq22
Je deteste Surrey
#25  Re: Fun  14 Sep '05 at 13:02
Thanks for the words of encouragment!

I have noticed a difference in the taste of food. Spicy things are alot more spicy, things like chillies, which I really like are much stronger now than before. I was on 25 cigs a day.

Sam_c stick with it. The first few days is most hard, after 3 weeks you'll be fine. At the time you think why bother, because you do feel miserable, what you have to remember though your body needs to get used to normal being a non smoker. Humans aren't meant to smoke we force it upon ourselves, hence so many ill side effects.

Molly83, yes I have noticed that much of a difference. Even down to small things such as feeling more clean. I'm definately less stressed. I don't worry anymore about when I'll be able to have my next ciggarette!
It takes time adjusting though, thats more the habit thing, like getting into the car and sparking up, or when you have tea or coffe.
         Jump to Top
Molly83
scotland
#26  Re: Fun  14 Sep '05 at 13:06
i gave up for 3 months before, but only cause i couldnt smoke it made me spew, and then as soon as i was fine again i started, although ive cut down to 10 a day instead of 20 so its a start!
         Jump to Top
sam_c
North London
#27  Re: Fun  14 Sep '05 at 13:46

It takes time adjusting though, thats more the habit thing, like getting into the car and sparking up, or when you have tea or coffe.

that's the main problem.

I started smoking when i was 13, I'm 23 now - I can't think of a single other habit / hobbie / lifestyle that has lasted that long

I have quit before - made it 5 months last summer - but always seem to fall back into it, normally really gradually. the fact that i'm off back to meribel to dj in a club and drink a lot doesn't bode well either
04/05 & 05/06 - Meribel, D!cks Tea Bar, DJ
         Jump to Top

< Prev
Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview