First Ski Season //

Author
  Topic Started By:  ChunkOf Love    On:  Fri 31st August, 2012 at 12:48
ChunkOf Love
Glasgow
#1  First Ski Season  31 Aug '12 at 12:48
Hi there, I am looking to work my first ever winter season in Europe but, I am finding it very difficult to find work. I have qualifications in cooking and baking but, I am willing to work anywhere within a resort. I am a very competant skier with years of experience under my belt. Was just wondering has anyone else been in the same situation as myself?
Alexandria Williamson
         Jump to Top
ilbrooks15
Devon/Cardiff/Alps....
#2  Re: First Ski Season  31 Aug '12 at 12:57
Try the looking at the top of the page where it says jobs, then ski jobs, then apply for ski jobs!!! If you can cook and your willing to work any where you should be fine. My first year i applied to a load of companies, most that got back to me after i had found a job. You still have plenty of time dont worry.
Brooksy
         Jump to Top
ChunkOf Love
Glasgow
#3  Re: First Ski Season  31 Aug '12 at 14:43
Thanks for your help the wording of the last post probably wasnt correct. I have applied for plenty of jobs, its just i dont seem to be very successful with my applications.
Alexandria Williamson
         Jump to Top
ilbrooks15
Devon/Cardiff/Alps....
#4  Re: First Ski Season  31 Aug '12 at 15:13
Have you heard back from people or have you heard nothing at all? Who have you applied with? I know of jobs that are going, maybe give your CV a looking over?
Brooksy
         Jump to Top
ChunkOf Love
Glasgow
#5  Re: First Ski Season  31 Aug '12 at 15:38
Yeah I have heard back from someone jobs and have been unsuccesful. I have re-done my CV recently but i could send it to you?
Alexandria Williamson
         Jump to Top
wiings
V-Town
#6  Re: First Ski Season  1 Sep '12 at 10:53
Hi
I received an application from you yesterday, I recognise the photo from your email.
Without wanting to be rude but you need to work on your email content.
Simply writing:
'Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.' and attaching a CV is not enough.
Your covering letter needs to be the email. I deleted your email without even opening the attachment. Mainly because i don't employ anybody so have no requirement for applications but some of the ones I receive I do open out of interest and have a nosy.
In fact, my passing comment when opening your email was that it didn't even deserve a response, should I be looking to employ.
Please don't take offence, I hope this can be constructive for you & good luck with the search.
         Jump to Top
sandgroper61
London
#7  Re: First Ski Season  2 Sep '12 at 09:52
In any job application you have to say who you are, what your experiences are, why you are applying for a particular job and why you are the right person to get it.

The CV backs that up.

I'm pretty sure natives will help you out as well ... this is, after all, a recruitment site. Jim was helpful to me last year (though in the end the work I found was off this site) and pointed me to a couple of jobs, both of which offered me work.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

=============================

The difference between a cult and a religion: in a cult, there is someone at the top who knows it's a scam. In a religion, that person is dead.
         Jump to Top
ChunkOf Love
Glasgow
#8  Re: First Ski Season  2 Sep '12 at 10:03
thank you very much for all the feedback i will take this on board and hopefully something will come up.
Alexandria Williamson
         Jump to Top
ALF31
#2  Re: First Ski Season  20 Sep '12 at 17:13
In reply to ChunkOf Love (Post #1)
Tried SkiBound?
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18