First Ski Season Advice!!! //

Author
  Topic Started By:  joecooper158    On:  Mon 24th February, 2014 at 13:16
joecooper158
Manchester
#1  First Ski Season Advice!!!  24 Feb '14 at 13:16
Hi,

I'm strongly considering doing a ski season at the end of this year in Europe but could do with a bit of advice.

I'd like a resort that's got a good social scene (so basically loads of bars and popular among people in their 20's), at the foot of the mountain so there's no need for long bus journeys to the slopes, and obviously great skiing? Would Tignes and Meribel fit the bill?

As for work, seen as I can't cook, drive or speak another language, i take it chalet host is out of the question but how about a chalet assistant or resort rep? Are there any particular things i'd need to have done previously to get one of these jobs?

When is the best time to apply for jobs? I've heard it's best for someone new to a ski season to try and get a job with a tour operator before leaving the UK? Which are the best tour operators? And is there anything I could do now to have a better chance of getting a job?

I'm starting to save up now but roughly what's the minimum amount of money you'd need to save before going on a season?

Thanks for your help!
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview
- Do you need a Food Hygiene Certificate for Chalet