First Interview With Mark Warner. //

Author
  Topic Started By:  Dc123    On:  Sat 12th April, 2014 at 12:01
Dc123
#1  First Interview With Mark Warner.  12 Apr '14 at 12:01
I've got a interview for Mark Warner on Tuesday the 15th of April.

I've applied for a sous chef position for a summer and winter season. Would just really like to know if anyone has worked for Mark Warner as a sous chef before and what should i expect? Also my chance's of getting a job? Any other relevant advice? I appreciate ill earn 60£ p/w but unsure of what hours i'll work etc.

Not fussed where I spend my summer but ideally spend this upcoming winter in Tignes as some of my friend's should be there. Thanks guys!
         Jump to Top
Stroker
UK/Switzerland
#2  Re: First Interview With Mark Warner.  13 Apr '14 at 11:36
In reply to Dc123 (Post #1)
I've worked for Mark Warner in St Anton and personally I really enjoyed it. The manager of the hotel down through the whole staff were all awesome, but from what I hear, like any company, it does depend on who you end up with as your head chef and manager as some are better than others. But don't let that put you off, I assume it'll be Lesley who'll interview you and she's really nice, easy to chat to as she's done her fair share of seasons.

Expect a pretty standard interview, make a brilliant first impression and just be honest and relaxed. All they want are friendly and honest people who work hard. In the hotel I worked in, I had one day off a week and it was either a breakfast shift or 3pm till finish so no split shifts. As CDP I was earning £80 p/w with an extra £40 being kept back as a retainer which get 6 weeks after you return, but that was just the winter, not sure about the summer.

Good luck
Fear not for the future, weep not for the past
         Jump to Top
Dc123
#3  Re: First Interview With Mark Warner.  23 Apr '14 at 19:06
Got the job!

Heading out in three weeks to Portugal. Then hoping to follow straight
To the alps! Anyone else heading out there?
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Who Are the 19 Worst Guests in a Ski Chalet?
- Looking for roommate St.Anton season 17/18
- Morzine beds available
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort