Experience Club Med? //

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  Bonster    On:  Thu 8th December, 2005 at 17:40
Bonster
Amsterdam, Holland
#1  Experience Club Med?  8 Dec '05 at 17:40
Hi,

I was curious if somebody had any experience with working at Club Med.
I applied for barmaid.
I can call them tomorrow, curious what they will say!
Due to circumstances, I just started to look for a job. Hope I can find something!

Thanks!
Bonny
         Jump to Top
belgian vince
just back from australia, already back in austria
#2  Re: Experience Club Med?  8 Dec '05 at 19:03
barmaid? club med?

did you include photos in your application? if yes, and they told you to ring 'em, you'll be hired. Congrats on those fab t*** !

(sincerely: it'll be fun if you're into some hanky-panky with the guests. how's that huh!)
"There is no sense of possibility if there is no reality, but I could be wrong of course" - R. Musil
         Jump to Top
Bonster
Amsterdam, Holland
#3  Re: Experience Club Med?  8 Dec '05 at 19:08
What?!

That doesn't sound too good
No, didn't include a photo, so I know for now it's not that.
But is that their reputation?
         Jump to Top
belgian vince
#4  Re: Experience Club Med?  8 Dec '05 at 19:51
did one season with 'em in sankt moritz (posherly posh swiss resort, but great skiing) and it kinda loomed in the eyes of the lurking 40-50 yr old female clientes we had... but it can be the fatal attraction of the overly attractive ski instructors we were, of course
"There is no sense of possibility if there is no reality, but I could be wrong of course" - R. Musil
         Jump to Top
Bonster
Amsterdam, Holland
#5  Re: Experience Club Med?  8 Dec '05 at 19:57
But besides all the attention of the 40 yr olds, you had a great season?
Club Med didn't let you work for 80 hours for not enough money?
         Jump to Top
belgian vince
#6  Re: Experience Club Med?  9 Dec '05 at 08:30
well, i dunno about the bartenders.. was there as a skiing instructor and they did TRY to get us to do "entertainment" in the evening. the main reason why the "season" became a "almost season" and i walked away at beginning of March.. salary was ok though, better than any other cy i checked that year. On the other hand, i earn *truckloads* more money now being an official instructor..
         Jump to Top
Bonster
Amsterdam, Holland
#7  Re: Experience Club Med?  9 Dec '05 at 16:51
Jeah, spoke with them today and heard about the entertainment part, crazy folks....
But my job interview isn't till the 19th of january, so I have the time to find something else or to think about it
But thanks for the info.
         Jump to Top
I love my AK Rockets
South East London - in a house that's collapsing
#8  Re: Experience Club Med?  9 Dec '05 at 17:07
Belgian vince: Who do you have a qualification with, and what level is it to?

I've got a Canadian Ski Instructors Alliance Level 2 and have been wondering about trying to get work somewhere in Europe, but to get an ISIA certification I'd need to get level 3 (challenge for next season!) Just wondering if you had any experience of CSIA qualifications.

Cheers

Iain
         Jump to Top
Robbo27
Sauze D'Oulx
#9  Re: Experience Club Med?  11 Dec '05 at 04:18
I ate in Club Meds buffet in Les Arcs once. It was okay. Not really sure this helps much, but heck I just finished my first transfer day of the season and feel like commenting
If you don't like the heat stay up a mountain
         Jump to Top
Izzle
Calgary, AB, Canada
#10  Re: Experience Club Med?  11 Dec '05 at 08:51

Originally posted by Robbo27

I ate in Club Meds buffet in Les Arcs once. It was okay. Not really sure this helps much, but heck I just finished my first transfer day of the season and feel like commenting

Post time is 5am GMT, which makes Winter Park about 7 hours behind (MST), which makes a transfer day finish of 10pm. Not too bad! But I'll lay good money you'll have much worse to come

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, felis viverra consectetuer cursus, condimentum dolor ligula vitae, lobortis pellentesque ac diam pellentesque.
         Jump to Top
WTFH
Surrey
#11  Re: Experience Club Med?  11 Dec '05 at 10:09

Originally posted by Izzle

Post time is 5am GMT, which makes Winter Park about 7 hours behind (MST), which makes a transfer day finish of 10pm. Not too bad! But I'll lay good money you'll have much worse to come

Izzle, either that or he's at DIA waiting for a delayed flight, and decided to log on...
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
Eddie-Ze-Eagle
Cardiff, Soon to be Whistler!Wahey!!
#12  Re: Experience Club Med?  11 Dec '05 at 11:35
Hey AK Rockets, who did you get your CSIA 2 with how did you find it - hard, easy, middle.....?
Who Cares Who Wins!?!
         Jump to Top
Izzle
Calgary, AB, Canada
#13  Re: Experience Club Med?  11 Dec '05 at 15:12

Originally posted by WTFH

Originally posted by Izzle

Izzle, either that or he's at DIA waiting for a delayed flight, and decided to log on...

But he said he's just finished his first transfer day...? :confuse:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, felis viverra consectetuer cursus, condimentum dolor ligula vitae, lobortis pellentesque ac diam pellentesque.
         Jump to Top
belgian vince
#14  Re: Experience Club Med?  11 Dec '05 at 16:24
@ AK: dunno about CSIA qualifications, but indeed, the alpine countries (italy, austria, switzerland and CERTAINLY france) will require you to have the highest national level first and then allow you to "upgrade" it to one of their national qualifications.

one easy way to bypass this is to get into a level-1 national instructor course in one of those countries, may seem as a waste of time and money but that's how i did it. I had Belgian Level-2 (ánd recognized by ISIA and IVSI) but re-did my Anwärter in South Tyrol (Italy) followed up by Landesskilehrer last year.

I guess that with your own qualification, you could also get a job in either a club or a local ski school but from my experience, the ski school will put you in the Kindergarten for pretty much the entire season
         Jump to Top
Jessilicious
London
#15  Re: Experience Club Med?  11 Dec '05 at 20:30

always helpful that robbo. always helpful.
Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.
         Jump to Top

Next >
Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview
- Do you need a Food Hygiene Certificate for Chalet