Equity Ski Season in Montgenevre //

Author
  Topic Started By:  peev    On:  Thu 20th November, 2014 at 18:58
peev
#1  Equity Ski Season in Montgenevre  20 Nov '14 at 18:58
hi guys,

just wanted to see if i could find anyone whose either done a season in Montgenevre or is about to do one? If anyone can give me a little synopsis of their time there it'd be great as it wasn't my initial preference of resort due to the limited nightlife etc. but would like to hear what other people thought of it?
Cheers
         Jump to Top
ithetruth
#2  Re: Equity Ski Season in Montgenevre  21 Nov '14 at 13:49
In reply to peev (Post #1)
Yooo, currently sat in Montgenevre this is my third season out here and genuinely not choose to go to another resort, fell in love with Monty, yeah night life is very limited but because there are so many seasonairs out here its all good!

Who you working for? lifts are due to open this weekend and then reopen on the 28th...

See you soon bud!
         Jump to Top
peev
#3  Re: Equity Ski Season in Montgenevre  23 Nov '14 at 18:31
Working for Equity and coming in on December 7th. Was just interested in finding out more as this is my first season and all. Any info you can give on the resort like what it's like being a seasonaire there, how the skiing is, what accomodation is like, nearby resorts, prices etc. would be great!
Edited 23/11/2014 @ 18:33 Revision #1
         Jump to Top
ithetruth
#4  Re: Equity Ski Season in Montgenevre  24 Nov '14 at 09:07
In reply to peev (Post #3)
Cool, yeah I worked my first season with Equity or as they were called STG, well we will start with prices although this may change this season, at your bar at the Rois Mages 2.50 a pint ( staff prices ), other bars roughly 4-4.50 a pint, same pretty much for spirits, for a takeaway pizza around 7-10, burger 6-10, all prices are euros.

Snowboarding and skiing out here is awesome, pistes are not to bad, but the off-piste is some of the best the Alps has to offer, its a pretty unknown resort and to be honest before you come here you probably wouldn't choose it, you don't have to wait longer then 5 minutes for a lift, although the park is pretty poor, but we have Serre Che up the road and the park their is a big upgrade, your ski time depends on what job you have got and whether you make the most of the time you have, roughly around 3-6 days a week you will be able to get out but depends on you, and your job, never on changeover.

Seasonaire life out here is pretty sweet, you have Neilson, Crystal, Sne Sno, Equity and of course all the French out here, everyone gets on with everyone, plus everyone likes to drink and Snowboard/Ski what more do you want from being a seasonaire......

Well you will either be inside of the hotel ( not a hotel room) shared with one other person or the igloo pretty bog standard not that great staff accommodation but that's standard for a seasonaire shared with up to 2 other people, you get 3 meals a day, staff accommodation and lift passes generally after the first week of guests, and free boot and ski use from the Rois Mages, although not that great gear.

Other then that you will find out about everything on the 7th....
         Jump to Top
jeekqing
#5  Re: Equity Ski Season in Montgenevre  12 Jan '15 at 10:14
Seasonaire life out here is pretty sweet, you have Neilson, Crystal, Sne Sno, Equity and of course all the French out here, everyone gets on with everyone, plus everyone likes to drink and Snowboard/Ski what more do you want from being a seasonaire

Fut coins
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort
- How do you get a job?
- Accommodation Le La
- Childcare position Val d'Isere
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort