< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  Boggart    On:  Tue 10th May, 2005 at 15:43
layzeeboy
Hirafu, Japan.
#32  Re: Don't cha know?  13 May '05 at 10:22
Its got wings, but no wire. Theres some photos here

http://www.rs-association.com/index.asp?fleet=rs300&selection=gallerydetail

Being a boatbuilder must have been cool, merlins are pretty quick (though not as fast as me) loads of stuff to tinker with as well, would be a fun boat to play around with.
Anything worth doing is worth getting hurt for

www.jameswinfield.tumblr.com
         Jump to Top
Boggart
Somewhere without a paddle….
#33  Re: Don't cha know?  13 May '05 at 10:30
They look quick what is the PY number, or is that a long gone system?

I like the moulded in wings , keeps 'em slippy when they heal? Unlike the old moths, stick a wing in and more often than not it was goodnight and thankyou.

I loved Merlins lots of choices of set up and load of spaghetti to play with and much faster than their PY in a blow. I sailed Fifteens mainly through the yard I worked for, along with a bit of Fireballing and other stuff but it was always Merlins that made me smile
Don't squeeze the trigger, if you can't stand the recoil. - Johnny Cash

Knowledge is knowing that the tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. - Miles Kington

"And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show." Humph's last ever ISIHAC sign-off
         Jump to Top
layzeeboy
Hirafu, Japan.
#34  Re: Don't cha know?  13 May '05 at 10:38
PY is not long gone but it may have changed a bit, the 300's handicap is 1001. The wings are a lot better than racks, less tendency to dig in. Moths today are totally insane though, flying all over the place with hyrofoils, wish I had one but a bit costly (and I'm possibly a bit big for them as well).

For sheer grin factor I'm a bit of cat fan, I used to have a Hobie 16 and I still think that very few boats can 2 sail reach faster, even burned off some F18s and 49ers (49ers are the bad ass olympic boat).

Where did you used to sail, somewhere ooop north?

Jump to Top
layzeeboy
Hirafu, Japan.
#35  Re: Don't cha know?  13 May '05 at 10:45
Right having wasted the morning mincing around the internet, I'm actually going to go enjoy the magnificent outdoors, laters Boggars

I no longer remain

J

Jump to Top
Boggart
#36  Re: Don't cha know?  13 May '05 at 10:46
A long, long time ago I worked a summer for a sailing school in Greece, we had Hobie 16s. Totaly agree about being great fun. I remember one time tight reaching on one hull straight up the beach, letting fly, unhooking and nonchalantly walking up to the beach bar and ordering a beer! All the billies on the beach looking at me and my girlfriend and thinking 'Posing Bar$tards!'

I used to sail out of three clubs oop norf, Dovestone, Hollingworth lake and Bolton but I was always allover the place doing opens and champs.

Knowledge is knowing that the tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. - Miles Kington

"And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show." Humph's last ever ISIHAC sign-off
         Jump to Top
helsbels
Weston-super-Mare, (Winter 04/05- Lapland then Morzine - Esprit.)
#37  Re: Don't cha know?  13 May '05 at 16:21

Originally posted by mista

No no no... it is intentional, of course! It is not meant to be ironic though. In fact it is the new coooool way of spelling it. All the snaziest kids are doing it these days, if you were youth and hip and trendy, a cool cat with your ear to the ground let us say for the sake of the argument, I'm sure you would understand

this is true. i am tres tres cool and this is how i spell it.
         Jump to Top
Boggart
#38  Re: Don't cha know?  14 May '05 at 07:15
Hellers,

Would that possibly be 'très, très cool?'

I remain,

Boggars

Jump to Top
snoflake
London - ish
#39  Re: Don't cha know?  14 May '05 at 19:27
Apparently kite-boarding quite cool in moderate winds. Know someone who does it in Mount's Bay in CWL although there have been some exciting/novelty moments with beginners + onshore winds + shoreside road.

AYB
I am Squawking
         Jump to Top
helsbels
#40  Re: Don't cha know?  15 May '05 at 23:17

Originally posted by boggart

Hellers,

Would that possibly be 'très, très cool?'

I remain,

Boggars

no, i am tres tres cool, and that is the new hip and trendy way of saying it. keep up boggy!!!!!
         Jump to Top
Boggart
#41  Re: Don't cha know?  16 May '05 at 06:37
Hellers,

No doubt you pronounce the final 'S' in tres (sic)?

I remain,

Boggars

Jump to Top
helsbels
#42  Re: Don't cha know?  16 May '05 at 10:07
boggers, yes indeed!!! that is the correct way to prononce it if u r hip and cool.
         Jump to Top
Boggart
#43  Re: Don't cha know?  16 May '05 at 10:58

Originally posted by helsbels

boggers, yes indeed!!! that is the correct way to prononce it if u r hip and cool.

Helers,

So Tignes would be 'Tigg Ness' and La Plagne, 'La Plag-knee?'

I remain,

Boggars

Jump to Top
helsbels
#44  Re: Don't cha know?  16 May '05 at 11:06
yes boggars, thats correct.

i believe things shud be spelt ferneticly i think thats the right word. say it as its spelt and spell it as its sed?
         Jump to Top
Boggart
#45  Re: Don't cha know?  16 May '05 at 11:23

yes boggars, thats correct.

i believe things shud be spelt ferneticly i think thats the right word. say it as its spelt and spell it as its sed?

Helers,

U dofus u!!

it shud b

i beleev fings shud b speld funeticuli, i fink thats the rite wurd. say it as its speld & spel it as its sed.

i remane,

Boggars

Jump to Top
helsbels
#46  Re: Don't cha know?  16 May '05 at 12:42
[quote="boggart"]

Helers,

U dofus u!!

i can never get it right can i?!
         Jump to Top

< Prev Next >
Latest Posts
- Who Are the 19 Worst Guests in a Ski Chalet?
- Looking for roommate St.Anton season 17/18
- Morzine beds available
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort