DON'T BUY SNOW CHAINS!!! //

Author
  Topic Started By:  OLD MAN OF LECH    On:  Fri 5th July, 2013 at 23:57
OLD MAN OF LECH
Administrator
TRAVELING
#1  DON'T BUY SNOW CHAINS!!!  5 Jul '13 at 23:57
For sale:- SPIKES SPIDERS. These are the worlds BEST snow traction device. Fitted in 2 minutes. Removed in 1. They give phenomenal traction in snow and ice. DON'T waste money on chains that you have to loop around wheels and take a contortionist to fit. Original cost £350. Only used 3-4 times over 2 seasons but worth every penny. Emigration forces sale of car and hence Spikes Spiders. Will fit tyre size 225 x 45 x 17. I had them on my Saab Sport Wagen. ONLY £200 OVNO. Located in Northampton. E-Mail athertonfrank@gmail for any more information.
         Jump to Top
OLD MAN OF LECH
Administrator
TRAVELING
#3  Re: DON'T BUY SNOW CHAINS!!!  8 Jul '13 at 19:28
If you have ever driven in the mountains in the winter, you would know that even with winter tyres fitted, and I had the best, there are times when extra help is needed. Every vehicle driving in the mountains should always carry "chains" or something better. IE SPIKES SPIDERS!!
         Jump to Top
OLD MAN OF LECH
Administrator
TRAVELING
#5  Re: DON'T BUY SNOW CHAINS!!!  10 Jul '13 at 02:24
Oh Dear Dinosaur. That looks almost like a hissy fit. Last resort of someone who really hasn't a sensible answer, insult the opposition? For someone who claims to have lived and driven in the alps for 20 years you seem not to be aware of the laws of France, Switzerland and Austria which REQUIRE all except 4 wheel drive to use chains or equivalent on many occasions when conditions merit them. This means they a LEGAL REQUIREMENT to be carried in many places. French Gendarmes WILL turn cars back from mountain roads if they find chains are not in the vehicle. Oh and I don't need to hide behind a mask. I stand my views openly.
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort
- How do you get a job?
- Accommodation Le La
- Childcare position Val d'Isere
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort