Descent contract //

Author
  Topic Started By:  j3    On:  Thu 3rd November, 2005 at 17:19
j3
#1  Descent contract  3 Nov '05 at 17:19
Just wanted to check that you do at least get some time on the mountain as a driver for Descent?

Contract says in essence -

blah blah blah....work all reasonable days and hours, to ensure duties are completed. you are entitled to one day off during your period of employment.

That to me reads like a 7 day working week; is that what i should expect?
         Jump to Top
belgian vince
just back from australia, already back in austria
#2  Re: Descent contract  3 Nov '05 at 17:27
i guess that just like everywhere else, the weeks are 7 on 7, but since it's in your contract, they should allow you to accumulate the days off you haven't taken up into 1 full week somewhere during season...

anyway, you're relatively lucky because i have known companies that prohibited their drivers (as only category of personnel) to ski/board, given the fact that they'd become useless with their knees/legs/hips broken...
"There is no sense of possibility if there is no reality, but I could be wrong of course" - R. Musil
         Jump to Top
j3
#3  Re: Descent contract  3 Nov '05 at 17:37
the holiday does get accumulated but has to be kept to the end of the season; which is fine - no probs with that.

no lift pass included but boarding not prohibited as such. just wanted to check i'll get at least some time on the mountain.
         Jump to Top
xray
#4  Re: Descent contract  3 Nov '05 at 20:01
I'm working as a driver for Descent this year as well. I only noticed after you said that - does the contract mean 1 day per week or 1 day total? The way I understood it was that we had one day every week.

I know that there are at least 4 others going back that did it last year so it cant be too bad.
         Jump to Top
sleepy
#5  Re: Descent contract  4 Nov '05 at 12:06
I heard that the descent drivers have the best deal with Descent.They get the most time skiing/boarding.
I was going to work for them,but changed my mind because I would have had NO skiing time.Thats why they dont buy you a ski pass thingy.

Originally posted by

no lift pass included but boarding not prohibited as such.

Why would boarding be prohibited?
         Jump to Top
snow junkie
#6  Re: Descent contract  4 Nov '05 at 14:18
hey descent drivers,

I drove for them last season and im going back again this season, dont worry you do get at least 1 day off a week, that being change over day usually. No one can ban you from the mountain either! As for holiday you get that payed to you at the end of the season

Do you guys/ girls know what chalets your going to?
p.robinson
         Jump to Top
xray
#7  Re: Descent contract  4 Nov '05 at 21:43
I know I'm going to Meribel - last I heard it was Aurore or Boreal but they havent confirmed yet. You?
         Jump to Top
snow junkie
#8  Re: Descent contract  5 Nov '05 at 16:00
i worked there last year, im in courchy this year
p.robinson
         Jump to Top
RidingMountains2
#9  Re: Descent contract  5 Nov '05 at 16:04

Originally posted by sleepy

I heard that the descent drivers have the best deal with Descent.They get the most time skiing/boarding.
I was going to work for them,but changed my mind because I would have had NO skiing time.Thats why they dont buy you a ski pass thingy.

Originally posted by

no lift pass included but boarding not prohibited as such.

Why would boarding be prohibited?

A lot of companies especially high end like descent would percieve that there is a higher risk of injury with boarding based on the nature of the sport, off piste/parks etc.(having said that i am not sure about now but Silver ski nwould not allow ski hosting on a board) However there is also the aspect of image.... and when guests are paying in excess of 15 grand for their hoilday... well i dont know, call it a class snobbery thing i guess.
         Jump to Top
cr500dom
Sarfeast
#10  Re: Descent contract  25 Nov '05 at 19:47

Originally posted by snow junkie

i worked there last year, im in courchy this year

Would that be you then Paul
Or Red ?

What you been up to then ?

Cheers
Dom
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort
- How do you get a job?
- Accommodation Le La
- Childcare position Val d'Isere
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort