< Prev
Author
  Topic Started By:  WTFH    On:  Mon 28th July, 2008 at 16:59
Tiny
a town called Alice
#16  Re: Dear Jo,  29 Jul '08 at 20:16

Originally posted by beegeedee

Originally posted by toiletduck

I blame the Daily Mail. I got linked this article at work and got some funny looks for laughing at it... but really, only the DM could try and get away with this:

Originally posted by The Daily Mail

More...
Shock figures reveal no part of Britain is safe as knife violence spreads EVERYWHERE

I like how they take it to the level of self parody in a totally straightfaced way

"The Metropolitan Police have told colleagues in the West Midlands to be on the lookout for the blade, which is designed to kill sharks and bears"

why would you even need a knife designed to kill sharks and bears if your brave enough to even go hunting for sharks and bears armed only with a knife.

Pah, those are old news!.

This whole knife crime is a load of ar$e. I've not come across anyone with a knife in about 4 months.....but since when has the Daily Wail ever got anything right.

Its all media hype.

Yes, there are a few idiots that stab each other but there are far more idiots kicking each other in the head and smashing bottles over their heads......but thats not as good a headline as 'KNIFE TERROR ON THE STREETS OF THE UK'.........yawn.

Perhaps if the CPS wasnt such a gutless sham then the people that actually ARE caught with a knife would get potted for it but that would mean there would need to be empty cells in prison to hosue them.....which there arent.

You've got to do a LOT to go to prison these days.

T
People should smile more
         Jump to Top
toiletduck
Hull/Leeds/Fernie
#17  Re: Dear Jo,  29 Jul '08 at 21:14

Originally posted by Tiny

Interesting to hear that - my first reaction was that there's no SARS/mccanns headlines this summer so we've found a knife crime epidemic, but I wasn't certain I could trust my own cynicism.
www.whitedotfreeride.com
         Jump to Top
Tiny
a town called Alice
#18  Re: Dear Jo,  29 Jul '08 at 21:22

Originally posted by Tiny

Interesting to hear that - my first reaction was that there's no SARS/mccanns headlines this summer so we've found a knife crime epidemic, but I wasn't certain I could trust my own cynicism.

Yep, old news. had a circulation a while back I'm sure on them. Currently there's some sort of 'hairbrush knife' we're being told to look out for and also a tazer that looks like a small torch.

There's always some gadget we're told to keep an eye out for but never end up seeing in the flesh. Best rule of thumb is if you're dealing with someone treat ANYTHING as a potential weapon and dont let them grab anything. If they do introduce them to a bit of face meets floor action.

But yes, news seems to have been a bit thin on the ground lately so they've wheeled knife crime out again.

What about those honeymooners in Antiga. Local Police say they have 14 in custody....I bet they've just rounded up anyone they can find to keep the media happy "you did do this"..........SMACK...."YES YOU DID!".

T
People should smile more
         Jump to Top
tag
Here
#19  Re: Dear Jo,  30 Jul '08 at 01:25
No,the girl is married with a family,she has nothing to gain from me.ill step up.

But it was a hell of a day
The lesser of two evils is still evil-Jerry Garcia
         Jump to Top
Tiny
a town called Alice
#21  Re: Dear Jo,  4 Sep '08 at 00:20

Originally posted by k2deviant

Originally posted by beegeedee

I blame the Daily Mail. I got linked this article at work and got some funny looks for laughing at it... but really, only the DM could try and get away with this:

Originally posted by The Daily Mail

More...
Shock figures reveal no part of Britain is safe as knife violence spreads EVERYWHERE

I like how they take it to the level of self parody in a totally straightfaced way

"The Metropolitan Police have told colleagues in the West Midlands to be on the lookout for the blade, which is designed to kill sharks and bears"

why would you even need a knife designed to kill sharks and bears if your brave enough to even go hunting for sharks and bears armed only with a knife.

You get a LOT of sharks and bears in Birmingham and with the outlawing of bazookas it's the only thing we've got.

The number 1 threat to Birmingham right now is tourists and BEARS!

And the burger bar boys
People should smile more
         Jump to Top

< Prev
Latest Posts
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort
- How do you get a job?
- Accommodation Le La
- Childcare position Val d'Isere
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort