Cricket //

< Prev
Author
  Topic Started By:  Super G    On:  Mon 12th September, 2005 at 20:00
Super G
Cumbria
#51  Re: Cricket  13 Sep '05 at 16:55

Originally posted by sam_c

england, wales, scotland and ireland are so close they're almost the same country so its daft to still have chips on our shoulders over sh*t that happened before our generation

Absolutely!! I really do consider us all to be from the same country, even tho technically we are really four. I think of the Republic of Ireland as part of our country aswell and its not even part of the UK.

We should all just love each other and get on!! :blowkiss:
         Jump to Top
Bags
London
#52  Re: Cricket  13 Sep '05 at 17:24

Originally posted by Kenzie

Originally posted by Bags

On the other, my life now has no meaning. I am lost without my cricket.
What are you going to do about the winter tours?

Good question...

Since I already have fairly vampire-like tendencies, the time diffs shouldn't be a problem. However, the not having internet access thing may cause a slight predicament. Plus, with my job, the finding time thing might be an issue too....hmph. Ah well, it's only Pakistan! Mobile updates perhaps??!

PS Actually, I'm guessing the mountains might just about make up for the lack of cricket...
"I am a very good skier...in my mind. However, video evidence suggests that I'm rubbish. I look like a bus driver in a primary-coloured anorak, sitting on an imaginary lavatory. Also I can only turn right. So to mask my embarrassment, and the pain in my thighs, I ski only when very drunk. I can recommend this wholeheartedly." Jeremy Clarkson
         Jump to Top
Jack
#53  Re: Cricket  13 Sep '05 at 19:04
I`m a proud scot but am well chuffed England won the ashes....English cricket side has always had the odd taff, scot in the team....
         Jump to Top
user206
#54  Re: Cricket  13 Sep '05 at 19:22

Originally posted by Molly83

i have a question-
how come in some sports its like the british team, but others like football and stuff its like all separate?

It's not even that simple: No-one has actually pointed out that it's actually the "England and Wales" cricket team that won the Ashes (Simon Jones anyone?)
         Jump to Top
user206
#55  Re: Cricket  13 Sep '05 at 19:24

Originally posted by Jack

English cricket side has always had the odd taff, scot in the team....

The taff's meant to be there.. the scot has to claim english (or welsh) ancestry as do the numerous Zimbabweans / Saffers (Pieterson!) etc...
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#56  Re: Cricket  13 Sep '05 at 22:29

Originally posted by Super G

Originally posted by Super G

its just in general most folk i know support scotland, and any team that england is playing!

Thats exactly what I don't understand, I would never dream of supporting some random nation instead of scotland!

its tradition!

Well I think it's just mean!!

Come on there's not that many of us and we aren't excactly vicious about it, just a bit of fun about this other country next door that gets to make decisions for us.
         Jump to Top
Kenzie
God's own county/Tignes/South America/North America/Australasia/Asia/Africa
#57  Re: Cricket  14 Sep '05 at 07:53

Originally posted by Kenzie

On the other, my life now has no meaning. I am lost without my cricket.
What are you going to do about the winter tours?

Good question...

Since I already have fairly vampire-like tendencies, the time diffs shouldn't be a problem. However, the not having internet access thing may cause a slight predicament. Plus, with my job, the finding time thing might be an issue too....hmph. Ah well, it's only Pakistan! Mobile updates perhaps??!

PS Actually, I'm guessing the mountains might just about make up for the lack of cricket...

India too (in New Year).
         Jump to Top
Jack
#58  Re: Cricket  14 Sep '05 at 08:58
Didn`t know that Gadget but a thing in paper the other day saying three captains of England have been Scots...Denness was as Scots as they come. Greig and Jardine Scots born but raised abroad...

A lot of the Aussies players Waughs, Mcgrath, Gillespie, Mcgill, Gilchrist etc all very Celtic sounding
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#59  Re: Cricket  14 Sep '05 at 16:45
We rule the world really, just in a very secretive way
         Jump to Top

< Prev
Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18