computer question //

Author
  Topic Started By:  drifter    On:  Fri 23rd September, 2005 at 18:09
drifter
NFA
#1  computer question  23 Sep '05 at 18:09
Sorry if this is very simple, but i can't work it out. I'm filling in an e-mail reference for someone. It's a word document that they have e-mailed to me and asked me to fill in and e-mail back. One of the sections needs me to circle words from a list that describe the person.

However, without printing it out, I can't work out how to circle the words. I was hoping to be able to do this without a printer as i'm on the road. I tried drawing a little oval in 'autoshapes' and sending it to the back, but it seemed to think it was already 'at the back' and wasn't going any further.

I could draw a circle on the freetool thing but it ends up looking more than a little wonky (and unprofessional). Is there an easy way to circle words or shall i just put them in bold?

Cheers
         Jump to Top
Horse
Bournemouth
#2  Re: computer question  23 Sep '05 at 20:10
You could 'strike through' the un-applicable ones ( format: font: strikethrough ) in Word!?
         Jump to Top
the_chocoholic
La Clusaz
#3  Re: computer question  23 Sep '05 at 22:07
Yeah, if you want to add those circles, create the circle, but don't bother sending it to the back. Double click on your new circle to bring up the Format Object dialog box, then change the fill colour to "No Fill", and this will make it transparent.

Click on the "OK" button (or similar...can't remember off the top of my head) in the dialog box so that the dialog box closes and your change is apparent.

Rather than re-do it every time, just select the circle by clicking on it once, then press hold down CTRL and press C to copy (or any other preferred method you already use, like the menu option). Then hold down CTRL and press V to paste each time you want a new circle. You will have to drag it to the location you want.

Hope that helps...if you haven't already figured it out )
         Jump to Top
drifter
NFA
#4  Re: computer question  25 Sep '05 at 16:24
Great work choco - you can be my wingman any time!

Originally posted by the_chocoholic

if you haven't already figured it out )

Don't overestimate me - that would have taken me a long time to work out!
         Jump to Top
the_chocoholic
La Clusaz
#5  Re: computer question  25 Sep '05 at 16:27
Glad to help. I used to write training manuals for a living, so I know plenty of commercial products like the back of my hand. It makes me a geek, but a handy geek.

javascript:emoticon('c:')
PC
         Jump to Top
drifter
NFA
#6  Re: computer question  25 Sep '05 at 16:31
gotta love a geek! (well a handy geek at least)
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview
- Do you need a Food Hygiene Certificate for Chalet
- Skishop job in Val Thorens