Comments on esprit or skitopia //

< Prev
Author
  Topic Started By:  zoe    On:  Tue 20th September, 2005 at 19:07
rodent
From Vail back to London
#21  Re: Comments on esprit or skitopia  21 Sep '05 at 10:00

Originally posted by Horse

Which leads me to a sweeping statement... All the companies out there are much of a much to work for, the better and worse companies to work for a merely determined by the people you work with in resort. I realise that packages differ, as does UK support but generally the season is what you make of it.

pretty true - its the managers that shape your work, and the other people that make the season, so £10 more or less wil be neither here nor there really..... guess the job and hours worked will make a difference, but then again, they are fairly similar unless you work for a top notch company with VERY high standards.

People have different experiences of the tour ops - one persons ideal job is anothers nightmare season. You just don't find out until the end!!!!
         Jump to Top
anno
#22  Re: Comments on esprit or skitopia  21 Sep '05 at 12:55
esprit and total are the same company so when you go for the interview you can choose which company to go for.. Esprit caters for kids and total does not. esprit workers therefore have to deal with the screaming brats and tend to work longer hours....

also both companies in tignes are based in the centre (le lac / le lavachet) and nowhere near le breviere.
         Jump to Top
rodent
From Vail back to London
#23  Re: Comments on esprit or skitopia  21 Sep '05 at 13:57

Originally posted by anno

esprit and total are the same company so when you go for the interview you can choose which company to go for.. Esprit caters for kids and total does not. esprit workers therefore have to deal with the screaming brats and tend to work longer hours....

also both companies in tignes are based in the centre (le lac / le lavachet) and nowhere near le breviere.

sorry - meant that the skitopia ones were in brevieres and St Martin, not the esprit
         Jump to Top
Bags
London
#24  Re: Comments on esprit or skitopia  21 Sep '05 at 14:04

Originally posted by anno

Hey anno. I sent you a PM YEARS ago about Tignes...

I'm offended you haven't even looked at it (it's still in my Outbox), let alone replied!
"I am a very good skier...in my mind. However, video evidence suggests that I'm rubbish. I look like a bus driver in a primary-coloured anorak, sitting on an imaginary lavatory. Also I can only turn right. So to mask my embarrassment, and the pain in my thighs, I ski only when very drunk. I can recommend this wholeheartedly." Jeremy Clarkson
         Jump to Top
anno
#25  Re: Comments on esprit or skitopia  22 Sep '05 at 10:47
sorry never check em

will do right now
         Jump to Top
sbh
France
#26  Re: Comments on esprit or skitopia  22 Sep '05 at 18:09
Hmmmmmm, Handmade are now part of TJM and I have to agree with Dinosaur!!

Esprit are now (quote me if I'm wrong) Esprit and Total under one umbrella. I know a few people (6) who worked for them last year, I don't think they are returning!!

But as someone said everyone is pretty much like each other so just go with it and enjoy the season. Work hard and no one will bother you.
Enjoy and laters.
         Jump to Top
marc
Val d'Isere
#27  Re: Comments on esprit or skitopia  23 Sep '05 at 16:54
Quite happy to be shot down in flames for innacuracies but here goes...

The brown rock group's holdings included Meriski and the ski company.

When they went bump, Handmade holidays bought the rights to use the company names of meriski and the ski company.

Unfortunately Handmade went bump last year and now Skitopia have bought what's left of handmade. i say unfortunately since i have had dealings with the former owners of handmade in the past and found them to be some of the nicest people i ever met and one of the best bosses around.

However i also know the owner of skitopia and find him to be a good guy too. from having spoken to some of his staff last season, they seemed to really enjoy their jobs and had no complaints about skitopia apart from the usual gripes. i know that TJM had a bad rep back in the old days but i think they have moved on and seem to be a lot better. They are still a fairly small company so it can suit some people better rather than working for a much larger company.

Ski esprit on the other hand, are a much larger established company and are incorporated with ski total. i think the owners are the original directors of crystal from back in the day but i'm happy to be proved wrong on that score. esprit have a good niche market since they are one of the few tour op's that only take family groups in their chalets. resort staff i've spoken to over the years have never had anything bad to say about the company and most seemed to really enjoy working for them. The contract managers for esprit are legends too and are responsible for many of my hangovers!

from the little i know, it seems that they are both good companies to work for just that Esprit has a larger program in more resorts. (although the purple uniforms are a little alarming! )

hope this helps, feel free to correct my errors!

m
         Jump to Top
rodent
From Vail back to London
#28  Re: Comments on esprit or skitopia  23 Sep '05 at 16:58
hmmm, not bad man!!!!
         Jump to Top

< Prev
Latest Posts
- Who Are the 19 Worst Guests in a Ski Chalet?
- Looking for roommate St.Anton season 17/18
- Morzine beds available
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort