Chalet Housekeeper rota //

Author
  Topic Started By:  hannahsmith123    On:  Fri 7th October, 2016 at 09:28
hannahsmith123
#2  Chalet Housekeeper rota  7 Oct '16 at 09:28
Hey, I wonder if anyone can help me? I have an interview coming up for a chalet housekeeper and they've asked me to 'prepare a rota outlining the chalet duties for your chalet on transfer day including a guest welcome speech for your new arrivals'

I have no experience on this at all so don't know if anyone could give me a brief outline on what the rota would look like on the change over day?

Thanks
         Jump to Top
OLD MAN OF LECH
Administrator
TRAVELING
#3  Re: Chalet Housekeeper rota  7 Oct '16 at 10:58
Hi Hannah Smith and welcome to Natives.
Rota for a change over day:- Quite a lot so this is just a short version.
Rise early and make sure breakfast for all guests is prepared and ready to serve.
While guests are eating try and get into rooms to strip beds ready for laundry + towels.
Back to dining area to ensure guests are all OK. Remind them to make sure they have everything they arrived with, clothes, equipment, children? Remind them of any transfer arrangements. See guests off with a smile and a wave.
Prepare cake for afternoon tea for new arrivals.
Start deep cleaning of rooms in a methodical manner.
When room is SPOTLESS, remake beds afresh and lay out towels.
Deep clean all public areas.
List of cleaning tasks is too long to go into here but you may be asked about them.Think! Deep cleaning means everything from toilets to windows to dust on surfaces. The list is endless.
Check incoming guest list for any special requests. Check with chalet manager for any last minute changes or instructions.
Layout afternoon tea and cover.
Welcome speech needs to include:-info on chalet procedures, meal times, staff day off, local attractions rep visiting times, useful hints on bars and restaurants.,
Hannah, this is not exhaustive and you will get training from the company about their specific requirements, but it will give you a start. Good luck and enjoy your season
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Who Are the 19 Worst Guests in a Ski Chalet?
- Looking for roommate St.Anton season 17/18
- Morzine beds available
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort