castleford lessons //

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  Vix63    On:  Fri 30th September, 2005 at 10:35
Vix63
here, there and everywhere
#1  castleford lessons  30 Sep '05 at 10:35
Hello friends,

I've not skiid for yonks, we're talking about 12 years (!) so would class myself as beginner. As I dont want to waste weeks learning out there, how to put a boot on, I thought i might head to Castleford to get some lessons. A whole day (8 hrs) it £150!! Wooooah!!!!! Is that a lot? Am I wasting my time? Shall I resign myself to looking like a tool? I do it so well...

www.myspace.com/vix63
         Jump to Top
WTFH
Surrey
#2  Re: castleford lessons  30 Sep '05 at 10:43
It's a lot, but I've also seen a guy go from a complete beginner to being reasonable after a couple of those.
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
paddy_morris
Morzine
#3  Re: castleford lessons  30 Sep '05 at 10:45
£150? is that a private lesson? i'll give you a private lesson for 8 hours for.... half that.

I'd say it might be worth it, but you'll probably find that your company have a deal with the local ski school and will give you cheap lessons when you get out there. One day isn't that much, in the grand scheme of things. but 150 squid certainly is, when you're a seasonaire.
This is our decision to live fast and die young. We've got the vision, now let's have some fun.
Yeah it's overwhelming, but what else can we do? Get jobs in offices and wake up for the morning commute?

www.paddyandandy.blogspot.com
www.justgiving.com/paddymorris
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#4  Re: castleford lessons  30 Sep '05 at 10:45
dynamite?
         Jump to Top
WTFH
Surrey
#5  Re: castleford lessons  30 Sep '05 at 10:47

Originally posted by mista

dynamite?

Was just thinking that myself.
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
Vix63
here, there and everywhere
#6  Re: castleford lessons  30 Sep '05 at 10:49

Originally posted by mista

dynamite?

Mista, are you spouting random bollocks again??

PM - I'll give you a fiver, maybe 10. Hmm, good plan though-will ring finlays.

Foxy - really?? Thats quite interesting. Although I am talented at being a slow learner-Last time I went to a ski slope my trousers split cos I spent so much time on my ass, thus exposing it to the entire of hill end. ops:
www.myspace.com/vix63
         Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#7  Re: castleford lessons  30 Sep '05 at 10:52

Originally posted by Vix63

Mista, are you spouting random bollocks again??

Nope

You are just about to do a season, do you think one day sliding around on pretend snow is going to make any difference inthe grand scale of things.

Think what else you could spend that much cash on, a pair of shoes for example. :P
         Jump to Top
Kenzie
God's own county/Tignes/South America/North America/Australasia/Asia/Africa
#8  Re: Re: castleford lessons  30 Sep '05 at 10:55

Hello friends,

I've not skiid for yonks, we're talking about 12 years (!) so would class myself as beginner. As I dont want to waste weeks learning out there, how to put a boot on, I thought i might head to Castleford to get some lessons. A whole day (8 hrs) it £150!! Wooooah!!!!! Is that a lot? Am I wasting my time? Shall I resign myself to looking like a tool? I do it so well...

Vix,
Cunning plan. Book on the Natives/Fat Face night, ski for a couple of hours for £10, then judge if you need to fork out £150!
         Jump to Top
WTFH
Surrey
#10  Re: Re: castleford lessons  30 Sep '05 at 11:05

Originally posted by Kenzie

Hello friends,

Vix,
Cunning plan. Book on the Natives/Fat Face night, ski for a couple of hours for £10, then judge if you need to fork out £150!

Good call. In fact, if we have the slope all to ourselves, then they might not mind if a bit of unauthorised instruction went on...
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
mista
The sticks
#11  Re: castleford lessons  30 Sep '05 at 11:06
If you have a 8 hour lesson though you wont learn that much. The best thing to do is to have 1 hour lessons and then work on what you have learnt in that lesson before having another lesson. If you have a 8-hour lessson you'll be too knackered by the end of it as techers says and probably be worse than you were atr the start of the day and unable to walk for a few days.
         Jump to Top
Kenzie
#12  Re: Re: castleford lessons  30 Sep '05 at 11:08

Originally posted by WTFH

Hello friends,

Vix,

Good call. In fact, if we have the slope all to ourselves, then they might not mind if a bit of unauthorised instruction went on...

Aren't there lessons available for beginners & low intermediates via the Fat Academy?
         Jump to Top
paddy_morris
Morzine
#13  Re: castleford lessons  30 Sep '05 at 11:13
What's the deal with the natives'fatface night? is it fun? when is it? where is it? should i go?

.....maybe i'll look it up online.
This is our decision to live fast and die young. We've got the vision, now let's have some fun.
Yeah it's overwhelming, but what else can we do? Get jobs in offices and wake up for the morning commute?

www.paddyandandy.blogspot.com
www.justgiving.com/paddymorris
         Jump to Top
WTFH
Surrey
#14  Re: Re: castleford lessons  30 Sep '05 at 11:16

Aren't there lessons available for beginners & low intermediates via the Fat Academy?

No idea, but they don't normally run lessons during a phat night, or if there is an event going on.
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
Kenzie
#15  Re: castleford lessons  30 Sep '05 at 11:16

Originally posted by paddy_morris

What's the deal with the natives'fatface night? is it fun? when is it? where is it? should i go?

http://www.natives.co.uk/nightski/index.htm
         Jump to Top
rodent
From Vail back to London
#17  Re: castleford lessons  30 Sep '05 at 11:20

Originally posted by techmonkey

Originally posted by paddy_morris

Why bother when you can 118 kenzie? ;)

Jump to Top

Next >