can you travel to France for a winter season witha 2 year uk //

Author
  Topic Started By:  mim    On:  Mon 19th September, 2005 at 08:06
mim
#1  can you travel to France for a winter season witha 2 year uk  19 Sep '05 at 08:06
We are a UK company based in France during the winter. I want to employ australian staff, they have a 2 year working visa, however no one can tell us if they can use it to travel to France or if they need another visa?

cheers
         Jump to Top
fighting_kite
#2  Re: can you travel to France for a winter season witha 2 year uk  19 Sep '05 at 08:26
*cough* *cough* *rubs eyes*......
         Jump to Top
fighting_kite
#3  Re: can you travel to France for a winter season witha 2 year uk  19 Sep '05 at 08:27
How about employing an Australian with an EU passport, that would make it easier.
         Jump to Top
mim
#5  Re: can you travel to France for a winter season witha 2 year uk  19 Sep '05 at 09:33
They have a UK NI number already.
Why would they need a working visa for france if they work for a uk company?A Holiday visa would not be enought?

Concerning the EU pasport I agree however the staff that I accept to employ don't have one.

thanks for helping me and them out.
         Jump to Top
WTFH
Surrey
#6  Re: can you travel to France for a winter season witha 2 year uk  19 Sep '05 at 09:34
mim, fighting_kite's point is that they are an Aussie who already has an EU passport, and is looking for a job!
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
mim
#7  Re: can you travel to France for a winter season witha 2 year uk  19 Sep '05 at 09:40
as a nanny?
Hum!!!!!!!!!!!!
         Jump to Top
mim
#8  Re: can you travel to France for a winter season witha 2 year uk  19 Sep '05 at 09:47
what sort of job does he wants?
         Jump to Top
WTFH
Surrey
#9  Re: can you travel to France for a winter season witha 2 year uk  19 Sep '05 at 09:52

Originally posted by mim

what sort of job does he wants?

http://www.natives.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2542
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
mim
#10  Re: can you travel to France for a winter season witha 2 year uk  19 Sep '05 at 10:40
you should try big tour operators like first choice, crystal thompson, neilson, mark warner have you tried ski amis, they are small but train you, so does finlay ski.
They are all recruiting now up to the beginning of the season.
However you will need a UK national insurance number for all of them as being uk companies. Why don't you fly to uk now sort all the paper work, at the worst you can stay in london for a year and do a season next year.

good luck

myriam
         Jump to Top
fighting_kite
#12  Re: can you travel to France for a winter season witha 2 year uk  20 Sep '05 at 03:54
yeh I'm not sure a Nanny is for me. My experience of being the oldest of 4 should just about be enough to get me fired in the first week me thinks.

Thanks anyway Mim. If only flying around the world were so easy and cheap...and if only I had picked my parents better.

Thanks for all the help guys. If I make it this season and see you there I'll buy u a beer.
         Jump to Top
the_chocoholic
La Clusaz
#13  Re: can you travel to France for a winter season witha 2 year uk  20 Sep '05 at 07:05
To *legally* work in France, you need a UK/EU passport. I had a four-year ancestral visa and that was not god enough, even for British companies.

Australians are allowed to live in France for three months without a tourist visa. Work visas are extremely complicated to get: you have to prove that you have enough points, which usually involves family members who are French, the ability to complete the form in French and all sorts of stuff.

Having said that, companies still employ Aussies without the right paperwork who do have an NI number. It just depends on how much of a risk you want to take.

Kiwis, on the other hand, have the Rainbow Warrier debacle to thank for their freedom to live and work in France!
         Jump to Top
mim
#14  Re: can you travel to France for a winter season witha 2 year uk  21 Sep '05 at 11:46
Thanks for your help guys,
The embassy has not managed to help me.
One of my staff from Canada last year came in with a 2 year Uk visa. She arrived in france with no extra papers and left 5 months after back to uk with no problem.
Do they really check how long they are staying for? Because australian do not need a visa as you said but their stay should not exceed 3 months

In don't know it is a tuff one
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview
- Do you need a Food Hygiene Certificate for Chalet