Bored at work //

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  benpudney    On:  Tue 27th September, 2005 at 15:03
benpudney
Surrey want to be in the alps
#1  Bored at work  27 Sep '05 at 15:03
now im stuck in a dilemma here. i have to work till november before the start of my first season. and have become increasingly bored at my work place and have found myself spending ags on the net.

i was wondering who out there also seems to not have the energy to bother with work now the season is fast appraching.

and anyone no of some good (clean) websites to roam around apart from here of course.

cheers guys.
         Jump to Top
Kenzie
God's own county/Tignes/South America/North America/Australasia/Asia/Africa
#2  Re: Re: Bored at work  27 Sep '05 at 15:12

Originally posted by benpudney

now im stuck in a dilemma here. i have to work till november before the start of my first season. and have become increasingly bored at my work place and have found myself spending ags on the net.

i was wondering who out there also seems to not have the energy to bother with work now the season is fast appraching.

and anyone no of some good (clean) websites to roam around apart from here of course.

cheers guys.

All of us.
Try looking at the relevant resort website.
         Jump to Top
bonzai
Squamish, Whistler & Vancouver
#3  Re: Bored at work  27 Sep '05 at 15:17
I spend an increasing amount of time on here and similar sites at this time of year (seems to get earlier each year) especially as I am currently working for a bunch of muppets who stick me in a room on my own with no telephone or furniture (other than this desk & chair I pinched) ... I do wash & I am quite presentable, honest
Any ways, this will be my 5th straight season so I guess you could say I have the seasonaire bug.
I spend much of my time planning stuff for my place out in Canada & basically wishing I wasn't here (Englandshire). I have been so bored that I have turned down another 3 months contract just so as I can get away sooner ... even though the skiing doesn't start for another 6 weeks after I get there.
Time for my medication please nurse
         Jump to Top
benpudney
#4  Re: Bored at work  27 Sep '05 at 15:29
i would look at the relevent resort but have no idea where im off to yet. and you can only go through looking at the TO's website and resorts they go to so many times. seems i have just been forgotton in my office. everyone else seems to e busy and running around. im just stuck nicely in my corner to myself. suppose i could really just find new gear or something. just soooo bored
         Jump to Top
Bags
London
#5  Re: Re: Bored at work  27 Sep '05 at 15:42

ops: I might possibly be guilty of this...

Whatever you do, don't go on eBay or other sites where you can buy stuff. I've bought three items in the last two weeks, currently waiting til payday tomorrow as I've already reserved two more.

It's excellent fun, but probably not advisable fund-wise.

Alternatively, you can post lots of random baaaaalls on Natives, and have email conversations with other friends at work detailing your calorie intake for the day.
"I am a very good skier...in my mind. However, video evidence suggests that I'm rubbish. I look like a bus driver in a primary-coloured anorak, sitting on an imaginary lavatory. Also I can only turn right. So to mask my embarrassment, and the pain in my thighs, I ski only when very drunk. I can recommend this wholeheartedly." Jeremy Clarkson
         Jump to Top
benpudney
#6  Re: Bored at work  27 Sep '05 at 15:48
yeah don't fancy spending all my money before the season. so will stay clear of ebay. seem to keep having very random conversations with people on msn. will have to think of entertaining subjects to start. although at this precise moment i don't have the brain power or will to do so.
         Jump to Top
rodent
From Vail back to London
#7  Re: Bored at work  27 Sep '05 at 15:50

i would look at the relevent resort but have no idea where im off to yet. and you can only go through looking at the TO's website and resorts they go to so many times. seems i have just been forgotton in my office. everyone else seems to e busy and running around. im just stuck nicely in my corner to myself. suppose i could really just find new gear or something. just soooo bored

look all the resorts up!!! (But guess that won't take long as think you are going with ski olympic so about 5 resorts........)

i have found the BBC website to be mildly interesting as there are loads of different sections etc...... and it changes all the time so there is usually something new to read!!!!
         Jump to Top
WTFH
Surrey
#8  Re: Re: Bored at work  27 Sep '05 at 15:55
1. www.doodie.com
2. www.rsn.com / www.snoweye.com - find the webcams for your resort, and stare at them until you see the snow.
3. Post inane ramblings here.
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
benpudney
#9  Re: Bored at work  27 Sep '05 at 16:00
staring at things that will just drive me loopy. yeah i think i will spend the rest of the week looking at the bbc. lucky im out tomorrow. got the day to go shopping in covent garden. don't tell the boss ha ha ha
         Jump to Top
bonzai
Squamish, Whistler & Vancouver
#10  Re: Re: Bored at work  27 Sep '05 at 16:01

Originally posted by WTFH

1. www.doodie.com
2. www.rsn.com / www.snoweye.com - find the webcams for your resort, and stare at them until you see the snow.
3. Post inane ramblings here.

I seem to be doing far too much of [3] lately
Time for my medication please nurse
         Jump to Top
benpudney
#11  Re: Bored at work  27 Sep '05 at 16:05
i must admit though reading through a few of the topics on here does make the time go. we should have a count down until the start of december or something when hopefully most of us will be travelling out for the season. just an idea i will go back to sleep now, sorry i mean work
         Jump to Top
Kenzie
#12  Re: Bored at work  28 Sep '05 at 08:03

Try going through the useful data on Natives on what to expect from a season, resort data, bar data etc.
         Jump to Top
benpudney
#13  Re: Bored at work  28 Sep '05 at 08:17
hey kenzie,
man been through it all, probs at least twice. at least there is only 2 months left. im sure i can try and put some effort into work. i will just have to try and stay away from ebay!!!

more to the point now though. being i will be spending hours online. whats the best site for looking at the weather in the alps. just so i can get even more frustrate at work when it starts snowing.
         Jump to Top
Kenzie
#14  Re: Bored at work  28 Sep '05 at 09:23

hey kenzie,
man been through it all, probs at least twice. at least there is only 2 months left. im sure i can try and put some effort into work. i will just have to try and stay away from ebay!!!

more to the point now though. being i will be spending hours online. whats the best site for looking at the weather in the alps. just so i can get even more frustrate at work when it starts snowing.

Resort webcams are probably the best, but try the links from the North Wall

http://www.northwallbar.com/index.php
         Jump to Top
paul.skibum
Reading
#15  Re: Bored at work  28 Sep '05 at 11:03
I've been temping in London since May (season in Red Mountain, BC doing an instructors course last winter) and have a rep job lined up in France this Winter).

Before I go I have a tonne of work to do to my house to let it out and two and a half weeks left here at work. I just sit thinking how much more useful it would be to have this time at home working on the house. Dont even have that much to do here because I am leavign I dont get given anythign new to do so its a lot of treading water with old stuff.

Get paid well to be here but I know if the house doesnt get done then I wont let it and if I dont let it I am FKUCDE (rearrange as appropriate). So why am I here. Oddly, I am feeling a bit ill..........
Waiting for the winter.....
         Jump to Top

Next >
Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview