Bar work in Val //

Author
  Topic Started By:  Emily B    On:  Wed 7th September, 2005 at 00:11
Emily B
#1  Bar work in Val  7 Sep '05 at 00:11
Hey there party people!

This forum milarchy is new to me (just thought I'd warn you). I can't seem to find a web site address, phone number or anything for Pacific Bar in Val. I'd absolutely love to get a job there this winter. Would it be best to just turn up mid/late November and ask for a job? Could anyone help me out here? Good karma sent your way if you can.

Emily B
         Jump to Top
Horse
Bournemouth
#2  Re: Bar work in Val  7 Sep '05 at 07:49
I was out in Val a coupla seasonsons ago from august onwards and i know someone that managed to get a job there in october, it's (was) open all year long, but my mate got the job because he became well known in there from september Honestly i don't fancy your chances, but things are always worth a try. Lots of other bars to try in Val, especially if you speak french, you could end up with a cushy little number in a french bar.
         Jump to Top
rodent
From Vail back to London
#3  Re: Bar work in Val  7 Sep '05 at 08:45
Bit risky to just turn up in november - remember val (for some reason!) is one of the most popular resort for bar work so you as a total newby to it might struggle as there are probably plenty of people who the bar staff know from one or two seasons and will give a job to them first.

If you have plenty of money behind you and a place to live you could probably chance it - but in the grand scheme of things, for a first season its usually better to try and get a tour op job (at least to start with - you can always leave if you really don't like it) as you get accom, travel out, food, ski pass and skis unlike working in a bar where you are lucky if you get one or two things.......
         Jump to Top
Kenzie
God's own county/Tignes/South America/North America/Australasia/Asia/Africa
#4  Re: Re: Bar work in Val  7 Sep '05 at 09:15

Originally posted by Emily B

Hey there party people!

This forum milarchy is new to me (just thought I'd warn you). I can't seem to find a web site address, phone number or anything for Pacific Bar in Val. I'd absolutely love to get a job there this winter. Would it be best to just turn up mid/late November and ask for a job? Could anyone help me out here? Good karma sent your way if you can.

Emily B

Natives Party people?
         Jump to Top
Slace
#5  Re: Bar work in Val  7 Sep '05 at 13:08
Guffy does most of his recruitment at the ski show in October.

He does have staff returning most seasons so good luck !!!

PD xxx
         Jump to Top
quazza
Val d'Isere
#6  Re: Bar work in Val  8 Sep '05 at 08:39
Pacific's web site is www.pacificbar.co.uk but my guess is that they have already got staff for the season, but you never know as people do drop out at the last minute. Good Luck!
         Jump to Top
Emily B
#7  Re: Bar work in Val  11 Sep '05 at 23:49
Thank you guys for all your help! So reassuring that decent people exist nowadays.

Have been on Pacific website and apparently their recruitment for the season has been completed. Boo hoo! I might just mosey on down to the ski show anyway to show my face and hand "Guffy" my CV. Who knows, I could always be put on standby.

Don't mean to sound blonde but what does a tour op job actually entail? Sounds perfect how they sort you out with accom, travel out, etc...

(Sorry to be a pain!)
         Jump to Top
rorybw
#8  Re: Bar work in Val  17 Sep '05 at 15:45
Hi Bakes,

Go to the Val d'Isere website and click - Village>Apres Ski>Bars>Contact Details or simply cut and paste this into your browser: javascript:MM_openBrWindow('popup/bar.php','i','scrollbars=yes,resizable=no,width=460,height=350');
         Jump to Top
rorybw
#9  Re: Bar work in Val  17 Sep '05 at 15:47
Maybe that link doesn't work. Click here: http://www.valdisere.com/gb/village/apresski/bar.php and then on the contact link.
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort
- How do you get a job?
- Accommodation Le La
- Childcare position Val d'Isere
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort