AVOID Scott Dunn //

Author
  Topic Started By:  SnowmanKid    On:  Fri 23rd August, 2013 at 15:20
SnowmanKid
#1  AVOID Scott Dunn  23 Aug '13 at 15:20
Do NOT work for Scott Dunn! They will try make your season as miserable as possible. The resort managers treat it like a real job because they think being resort manager will get them somewhere in life, when in fact any good employer doesn't see doing a season a good or bad thing. The new staff are always cool because they don't know what to expect.

By all means use Scott Dun to fly you to the resort but as soon as you find a new job move on because it only gets worse throughout the season, I got out as soon as I could. You all know the saying 'Scott Dunn no fun' well its the resort managers that try to implement this, I've had respectable professional jobs before my season with SD and I was never treated like a school kid getting told off by some stuck up yuppy resort manager, its laughable how serious they take the season when 99% of us are out there for mountain and drinking time.

The pay may be slightly better than other companies but doesn't justify the hours (minimal mountain time) and the rubbish you take from the managers.

Good points: Only one; expensive free booze is easy to get hold of.

Bad points: Too many to list.
         Jump to Top
WTFH
Surrey
#2  Re: AVOID Scott Dunn  23 Aug '13 at 17:51
Welcome to Nativs, snowmankid.

Your post says a lot more about you than it does about Scott Dunn...
Use the company for free flight, steal their drink and have no desire to serve the customers.
I post, therefore I am

Jump to Top
begede
#3  Re: AVOID Scott Dunn  23 Aug '13 at 19:34
In reply to SnowmanKid (Post #1)

Originally posted by SnowmanKid

Do NOT work for Scott Dunn! They will try make your season as miserable as possible. The resort managers treat it like a real job because they think being resort manager will get them somewhere in life, when in fact any good employer doesn't see doing a season a good or bad thing. The new staff are always cool because they don't know what to expect.

By all means use Scott Dun to fly you to the resort but as soon as you find a new job move on because it only gets worse throughout the season, I got out as soon as I could. You all know the saying 'Scott Dunn no fun' well its the resort managers that try to implement this, I've had respectable professional jobs before my season with SD and I was never treated like a school kid getting told off by some stuck up yuppy resort manager, its laughable how serious they take the season when 99% of us are out there for mountain and drinking time.

The pay may be slightly better than other companies but doesn't justify the hours (minimal mountain time) and the rubbish you take from the managers.

Good points: Only one; expensive free booze is easy to get hold of.

Bad points: Too many to list.

haha I would go one further, avoid them all ! get a local job.
Edited 23/08/2013 @ 19:36 Revision #1
Bectoria wrote Bwahahahaha post of the day. Post of the week!! Awesome.
Boggart wrote One of the funniest replies for months...well done!

-You can only be young once. But, you can always be immature.
-Just when you realize life’s a b1tch, it has puppies.
         Jump to Top
Peacock
Courchevel
#5  Re: AVOID Scott Dunn  1 Sep '13 at 17:22
In reply to SnowmanKid (Post #1)

The resort managers treat it like a real job because they think being resort manager will get them somewhere in life, when in fact any good employer doesn't see doing a season a good or bad thing.

Your lack of knowledge is so obvious, it's not even annoying, just amusing.

, its laughable how serious they take the season when 99% of us are out there for mountain and drinking time.

If that's your reasons for going out there, go on holiday, don't take a job from someone who doesn't actually mind working.

No wonder some companies look for older, more mature staff instead of children with poor attitudes.
         Jump to Top
Dave Angel
Val d'Isere
#6  Re: AVOID Scott Dunn  3 Sep '13 at 11:09
The username says it all really. What a joke, you pal have no idea.
         Jump to Top
begede
#7  Re: AVOID Scott Dunn  3 Sep '13 at 15:59
Oh, I don't know, I think there is a valid idea here.

Just happens to be a very badly worded and argued idea but I can see the reasoning.
Bectoria wrote Bwahahahaha post of the day. Post of the week!! Awesome.
Boggart wrote One of the funniest replies for months...well done!

-You can only be young once. But, you can always be immature.
-Just when you realize life’s a b1tch, it has puppies.
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort
- How do you get a job?
- Accommodation Le La
- Childcare position Val d'Isere
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort