Anyone working with thomson leaving on dec 6th? //

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  liisa    On:  Tue 15th November, 2005 at 20:01
liisa
#1  Anyone working with thomson leaving on dec 6th?  15 Nov '05 at 20:01
i've been told i'm leaving on the 6th to do a season in france with thomson but i have no idea where i'm heading! is anyone in the same bewildered position as me? i'm assuming i'll be i the alps but i dont even know that for sure and the staff website's really unhelpful. if anyone has any idea what's going on, please get in touch! :tux:
it'd be cool to know some people who are going too!
         Jump to Top
ginnerjo
leeds
#2  Re: Anyone working with thomson leaving on dec 6th?  15 Nov '05 at 20:14
hey, im goin on the 29th, but all i know is that im goin to italy, i think they decide where u go depending on how the training week is, well this is what im guessing, i dont actually know cause its my 1st season, so im pretty clueless too!.....
         Jump to Top
liisa
#3  Re: Anyone working with thomson leaving on dec 6th?  15 Nov '05 at 20:22
hey, cheers, thats good im not the only one who doesnt know anything! its getting a bit annoying now - i really wanna know! have u been told your training venue? at the mo its gonna be a complete surprise to me when i get on the coach!
         Jump to Top
ginnerjo
leeds
#4  Re: Anyone working with thomson leaving on dec 6th?  15 Nov '05 at 20:27
no, i dont know the training place either! i thought id know when i got the letter saying the date of the coach, but no it dosnt say, an i asked when i rang up once an she jus sed she didnt know!...fat lot of use they r!!
         Jump to Top
Barny
#5  Re: Anyone working with thomson leaving on dec 6th?  15 Nov '05 at 20:33
Guys dont worry, I'm off with Thomson/Crystal tomorrow. Off to France we think we're off to La Plagne for training but none of us know which resort we'll end up in.

Dont worry.
         Jump to Top
gav
#6  Re: Anyone working with thomson leaving on dec 6th?  15 Nov '05 at 21:26
im off on 6th as well!
dont worry tui head office rnt the best, i havnt even recieved my travel letter (kind of used to it by now) but rung up and defo going on 6th and trainings in les arcs so i presume its gona b in same place as the last 2seasons its in the hotel la cachette page 154 in crystal brochure

*tip* make sure u have enough money cos the nearest bank machine is a 30min walk away and it doesnt always work, take a few euros with u to spend in the lovely bar
         Jump to Top
missj
london
#7  Re: Anyone working with thomson leaving on dec 6th?  16 Nov '05 at 18:45
hello! also going on the 6th, so that makes three so far!
I have absolutetely bu*gger all money for the first few weeks, so I'm not worried about the cash machine, can't believe we don't get paid until the 15th of Jan. Am I correct in thinking that? Quiet new year in for me then!
         Jump to Top
gav
#8  Re: Anyone working with thomson leaving on dec 6th?  16 Nov '05 at 18:53

Originally posted by missj

hello! also going on the 6th, so that makes three so far!
I have absolutetely bu*gger all money for the first few weeks, so I'm not worried about the cash machine, can't believe we don't get paid until the 15th of Jan. Am I correct in thinking that? Quiet new year in for me then!

yeah probably wont get paid till then, best get yourself a decent overdraft!
u spend loads first month out there.
         Jump to Top
Ozzy
#9  Re: Anyone working with thomson leaving on dec 6th?  16 Nov '05 at 19:01
I'm leaving on the 6th as well. Was starting to think they had forgotten about me. Like yourself, I have no idea where I am going either. Ohwell, only two more weeks.
         Jump to Top
missj
london
#10  Re: Anyone working with thomson leaving on dec 6th?  16 Nov '05 at 19:06
overdraft caned, barclaycard caned, boring. going to take a few volumes of Proust for when you are all in the pub..
         Jump to Top
gav
#11  Re: Anyone working with thomson leaving on dec 6th?  16 Nov '05 at 19:10
last yr they took all alcohol off u at training and if they found any ud be in deep s*it, bcos the yr b4 that everyone bought loadsa booze and got rat arsed everynite!
         Jump to Top
liisa
#12  Re: Anyone working with thomson leaving on dec 6th?  16 Nov '05 at 20:00
hey again!
i think im gonna have to pace myself with money too - the 15th's a long way away!
gav - when u said the training is in les arcs is that definate? and does everyone leaving on the 6th go to the same training venue?
also, im presuming we dont get to ski during training, so does everyone have the nights off?
i cant believe it's less than 3 weeks to go!!!! masrudolph:
and we're gonna have a snowy xmas! (i hope!)
         Jump to Top
gav
#13  Re: Anyone working with thomson leaving on dec 6th?  16 Nov '05 at 21:15
i got told training is in les arcs when i rung up and seen as it was there last 2seasons i wud imagine it being ther.
all the hotel staff will be in the same training venue (everyone except chefs and reps)
we will get night off might have to do sumat 4abit in night but most nights are free, u wont get your ski pass till at least until guests arrive, be patient ur ther all season
         Jump to Top
Steve-e-e
#14  Re: Anyone working with thomson leaving on dec 6th?  21 Nov '05 at 19:20
last seasons training course our booze got taken off us aswell, but only ones they could see. we bought a few bottle of spirits and got them in no probs. but i dont see why they do it, the bar serves all the drinks you want and last season on my training course a lot of the managers and trainers were worse for it than we were. although my mate did chunder red vomit all over his room on the last night in training, he didnt get sent home, just a bit of a stern talkin to. but it was forgotten by everyone (managers i mean - he didnt live it down for a while)once in resort. i reckon they just do it to show that they have some sort of discipline in place, otherwise people would just take to p*ss
PS im out on the 6th aswell, i hope at least, still havent heard - my fault though, only sent my contract back three days ago. o well - see you all there
         Jump to Top
moj
#15  Re: Anyone working with thomson leaving on dec 6th?  21 Nov '05 at 19:51

Originally posted by Steve-e-e

last seasons training course our booze got taken off us aswell, but only ones they could see.

tut tut tut. Hotel staff obviously can't be trusted, chalet staff were almost encouraged to drink last year

Originally posted by toiletduck

Alright, I'd like to say that all eople with 3 letter forum names beginning with M, who've been heli skiing in NZ are twats with the social skills of a dead horse and should probably be banned from the internet in general, as well as sharp objects.
         Jump to Top

Next >
Latest Posts
- Who Are the 19 Worst Guests in a Ski Chalet?
- Looking for roommate St.Anton season 17/18
- Morzine beds available
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort