Anyone working in Courchevel 1850 tis winter??? Inghams?? //

Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  trigger    On:  Mon 5th December, 2005 at 20:52
trigger
Courchevel 1850
#1  Anyone working in Courchevel 1850 tis winter??? Inghams??  5 Dec '05 at 20:52
I'm meeting going to London on Thursday to head out for training week in Meribel before being unleashed in 1850!!

Never been to Courchevel before. Anyone know if it's got good pubs/clubs??? Someone told me that the chalet i'm working in is a huuuuggggeee walk to pub!

Miss Triggerina
         Jump to Top
BumBoarder
#2  Re: Anyone working in Courchevel 1850 tis winter??? Inghams??  6 Dec '05 at 09:42
Hi Trig
I'm off to courchevel with inghams too! Never been before either, heard its brilliant tho. Am under the impression my chalet is a trek to the centre of town as well, which chalet you working in? Ahhh well, drunken stumble back from the pub should be amusing.
No idea what to expect from training week? Any ideas?
See you thursday... back to the packing!
Laura

PS Anyone watch a programme entitled 'chalet girls' last night on sky travel extra plus one or something? Was from 1998 and featured inghams staff, tres amusing.
         Jump to Top
mat297
Edinburgh
#3  Re: Anyone working in Courchevel 1850 tis winter??? Inghams??  6 Dec '05 at 09:46
not 1850, but im off to 1650 on monday with inghams. should be fun!! maybe see u around eh!

aid
Roll on the Snow!

^^^Meant to be animated^^^
         Jump to Top
trigger
Courchevel 1850
#4  Re: Anyone working in Courchevel 1850 tis winter??? Inghams??  6 Dec '05 at 10:05
Hey MAt297,
my friend lives in 1650...says it's amazing, been living out there for years doing random jobs and stuff. I've never been to Courchevel b4 so have no idea what it's like. Everyone i've spoke to says it's amazing tho......any snows good snow i always say!

What chalet are you in Laura then?? I'm in L'Oree Du Bois....all down hill via wiggly path or piste to the pub then a yomp back up the hill! Don't fancy carrying groceries up the hill!

Lyndsay
         Jump to Top
Whitemoon
Nottingham/Courchevel
#5  Re: Anyone working in Courchevel 1850 tis winter??? Inghams??  6 Dec '05 at 10:21
Is the training in meribel? I was under the impression it was in courchevel...lol, I really need to read these things!
sx
*The sensual caress of waist deep cold smoke.... glory in skiing virgin snow, in being the first to mark the powder with the signature of their run*

*Powder snow skiing is not fun. It's life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality*
         Jump to Top
BumBoarder
#6  Re: Anyone working in Courchevel 1850 tis winter??? Inghams??  6 Dec '05 at 10:49
Hi, I'm in chalet mirage, not sure where it is but know its definately up a hill on the way back from town. Living in an apartment apparantly down the road, v interested to see what its going to be like!
You know we got insurance with inghams, does that cover us for everything yeah, we dont have to get our own?
         Jump to Top
Whitemoon
Nottingham/Courchevel
#7  Re: Anyone working in Courchevel 1850 tis winter??? Inghams??  6 Dec '05 at 11:35
I think pretty much everything is covered aside from heliskiing and things that are classed as 2:1 gonna kill yourself...oh, and any personal things worth over £200, you should have your own insurance for. ie. I've got my Ipod on household and that is still covered when in other countries. Didn't you get the little booklet with all the details in?
sx
*The sensual caress of waist deep cold smoke.... glory in skiing virgin snow, in being the first to mark the powder with the signature of their run*

*Powder snow skiing is not fun. It's life, fully lived, life lived in a blaze of reality*
         Jump to Top
Fubar
Brisbane
#8  Re: Anyone working in Courchevel 1850 tis winter??? Inghams??  7 Dec '05 at 11:54
im going with inghams on mon and training is in courch (going to serre che) but hve heard some peeps are going to meribel as well. not really sure and too hungover to work it out either way :drunk:
www.linkedin.com/in/lukejackson

Live life to the edge, ski hard, party hard and ignore the hangover
         Jump to Top
trigger
Courchevel 1850
#9  Re: Anyone working in Courchevel 1850 tis winter??? Inghams??  7 Dec '05 at 21:52
Well Inghams people....a few people hav suggested meetin in sum pub called the Fox tomorrow in Putney if you hav spare time. I know i will be heading there to kill some time.

hope you all enjoy your last night in your own bed!

Catch y'all tomorrow

Lyndsay
         Jump to Top
Screwy
#10  Re: Anyone working in Courchevel 1850 tis winter??? Inghams??  8 Dec '05 at 12:44
Hey guys,
I'm another fellow Ingham's worker, heading for Verbier eventually tho...Thought id say Hullo to you all before seeing you at training. I still cant believe that this time next week we'll be out there! Hmmm, need to pack still, but last minute packing seems a common theme on here so im figuring im not alone!

See you on monday!
Ellie
         Jump to Top
Fubar
Brisbane
#11  Re: Anyone working in Courchevel 1850 tis winter??? Inghams??  9 Dec '05 at 09:30
I'm there with the inghams love. Bring on Monday for sure. bring snow ever quicker. Can't wait
www.linkedin.com/in/lukejackson

Live life to the edge, ski hard, party hard and ignore the hangover
         Jump to Top
SchoffelShuffle
Anywhere and Nowhere
#12  Re: Anyone working in Courchevel 1850 tis winter??? Inghams??  9 Dec '05 at 10:35
fubar if your working for inghams in serre che there's an even bigger chance that i'll meet ya at xmas - i'm coming over on an inghams charter flight and transfer, which i'm assuming means they will drop me off at inghams property in resort. (just hope it's not too far from equity place i'm staying in!!)

bex
         Jump to Top
RidingMountains2
#13  Re: Anyone working in Courchevel 1850 tis winter??? Inghams??  9 Dec '05 at 11:18
All i can say is be thankfull Fred isnt your chalet manager.... put one foot wrong and he's got a memory like and elephant. I personally think its about time he got over it. Oh and if you see him say thanks a bunch from me wont you.!

I wouldnt mind but he wasnt even one of my referees!... and isnt it illegal to give a bad reference either verbal or written.... hummmm ... well i supose there are just some things that cant be proven!
         Jump to Top
muckypup
#14  Re: Anyone working in Courchevel 1850 tis winter??? Inghams??  20 Dec '05 at 20:20
I've heard Fred's a pushover compared with Janet from the hotels...!
         Jump to Top
RidingMountains2
#15  Re: Anyone working in Courchevel 1850 tis winter??? Inghams??  21 Dec '05 at 15:57

Originally posted by muckypup

I've heard Fred's a pushover compared with Janet from the hotels...!

Yeah well Welsh (fred)and Female (Janet?)... two of the worst.
         Jump to Top

Next >
Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview
- Do you need a Food Hygiene Certificate for Chalet