anyone kp/nping for thomson/crystal leavin on 29nov? //

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  kernowben    On:  Fri 4th November, 2005 at 17:36
Barny
#16  Re: anyone kp/nping for thomson/crystal leavin on 29nov?  9 Nov '05 at 19:39
So Whats everyone going over as? Reps, Hotel, Bar? Any Returners?
I'm going over as rep, hopfully should have a good laugh. Has anyone heard anything from Tui since the traning work book arrived ?

Only thing I'm concerned about is that they havent wrote asking about uniform sizes, and the hire equipment as cant afford to get my own set of skis etc..this season...been on a very tight budget.

Barns
         Jump to Top
gav
#17  Re: anyone kp/nping for thomson/crystal leavin on 29nov?  9 Nov '05 at 20:32
last season there was a massive c&^k up with uniform but it shud be sorted for this season, ull probably get it at training.
as for ski hire when u get to resort ull just go down to a hire shop that works with the hotel and get yourself kitted out there.
lucky ba*tards all of ya im not leaving till 6th dec!
         Jump to Top
Barny
#18  Re: anyone kp/nping for thomson/crystal leavin on 29nov?  9 Nov '05 at 20:53
You out there with tui Gav? Done it before havent you? Have you got any tips on training.
As you can tell my first season, cant wait to get out there, seems likes ages ago since myinterview.
         Jump to Top
PhilipM
#19  Re: anyone kp/nping for thomson/crystal leavin on 29nov?  9 Nov '05 at 21:01
Hi guys,
Going out on the 29th as a hotel host. Can't wait. See ya all there.
Phil
         Jump to Top
gav
#20  Re: anyone kp/nping for thomson/crystal leavin on 29nov?  9 Nov '05 at 21:15
doin my 3rd season with tui.
havnt really any tips for training except do what they say, dont make a tit of yourself.
reps training will probably be totaly different to normal hotel staff anyway.

not much help am i? youll be fine were u after goin?
         Jump to Top
Barny
#21  Re: anyone kp/nping for thomson/crystal leavin on 29nov?  10 Nov '05 at 09:27
Bit unsure about the training as haven't really had that much information about it, Not sure where I'd like, havent realy skied much of France. Have read a few scare stories from last year about Tui/SHG guess though as long as you work hard as well as play hard you'll be fine yeah ?
         Jump to Top
chili
Courchevel
#22  Re: anyone kp/nping for thomson/crystal leavin on 29nov?  10 Nov '05 at 13:30

Originally posted by Ben

yeah think im leavin at 3pm! any one know where the trainin course is?

i think all the dates are different, cos i'm leaving on the 2nd dec for chalet host in courchevel. i called up thomson/crystal/tui about training week and was told it's being held in La Praz for all resort staff.

starting on the day we arrive (Saturday 3rd Dec) straight off the coach into training (quite literally) no slacking for us :angered:

The dude wouldn't give too much information away about training and said you will have to wait until you get there, but mentioned something about a few surprises.....

Apologies if i confuse anyone, but i'm confused myself!
         Jump to Top
Barny
#23  Re: anyone kp/nping for thomson/crystal leavin on 29nov?  10 Nov '05 at 14:11
I realise that this is TO's work as they can ship everyone out at the same time but starting to worry now.
Chili did he say it was going to be La Praz for all staff no matter what job?
         Jump to Top
chili
Courchevel
#24  Re: anyone kp/nping for thomson/crystal leavin on 29nov?  10 Nov '05 at 15:19

Originally posted by Barny

Chili did he say it was going to be La Praz for all staff no matter what job?

The dude said it's going to be for all staff, i presume from chalet staff to chefs, not sure on ski reps? i've heard ski reps are arriving earlier for extra training. I'm going to be chalet hosty so i know it'd include that job role.

If you're doing a different job i would give them a call to clarify. if you're on the coach like i am, all you have to do is sit there and be driven to your destination, can't go wrong (i hope). They're helpful guys, but seem secretive on content of training course!?

So Barny what's your jobby and location going to be??
         Jump to Top
Barny
#25  Re: anyone kp/nping for thomson/crystal leavin on 29nov?  10 Nov '05 at 15:51
Yeah it seems new reps are arriving earlier I leave London next Wednesday, for France as of yet they havent decided final locations for us have been told they decide during training.

I'm off as a rep as you can tell from the above, glad its here now been waiting since August when I had my assesment.
         Jump to Top
Mouther
South London atm Val d'Isere 28th!
#26  Re: anyone kp/nping for thomson/crystal leavin on 29nov?  10 Nov '05 at 15:56
Going away with Crystal finest on 28th of Nov to Val D'Isere. So excited!
         Jump to Top
Barny
#27  Re: anyone kp/nping for thomson/crystal leavin on 29nov?  10 Nov '05 at 16:39
I take it, its just us reps that don't know their resorts until training?

Really not looking forward to the coach journey, oh well a pillow, ipod full of tunes and ear plugs I'll be fine
         Jump to Top
vikkilouise
kent at the moment france next month
#28  Re: anyone kp/nping for thomson/crystal leavin on 29nov?  10 Nov '05 at 19:03
im a hotel host n aint got a clue where im going!! might give em a ring...
         Jump to Top
Barny
#29  Re: anyone kp/nping for thomson/crystal leavin on 29nov?  10 Nov '05 at 19:50
I remember something being said at interview about they like to match the person to resort. Oh well I intend to have a great time where ever I'm put, if theres a mountain and snow I'm a happy bunny.

Barns
         Jump to Top
artaxerxes
Birmingham
#30  Re: anyone kp/nping for thomson/crystal leavin on 29nov?  10 Nov '05 at 20:49
I am with you Chili, and ending up with you Mouther. Courchevel 1850 Chanteperdrix, leaving on the 2nd. Haven't seen the letter yet confirming, probably because my references have stiffed me ;-) or that i am away from my contact address
         Jump to Top

< Prev Next >
Latest Posts
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort
- How do you get a job?
- Accommodation Le La
- Childcare position Val d'Isere
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort