Anyone heading to La Plagne with Esprit? //

< Prev Next >
Author
  Topic Started By:  Sparky86    On:  Sat 5th November, 2005 at 20:55
Sparky86
Whetstone (Barnet), London
#16  Re: Anyone heading to La Plagne with Esprit?  5 Nov '05 at 21:53
Must admit, you do have a good point. Especially wont miss the whole visiting family... boring as hell 9 times out of 10. Only thing i can see being wierd for me is this is the first time i'll be away from my family for such a long period of time, let alone being away from them at xmas. Lookin on the bright side tho - no sister to annoy the hell out of me cos i got the CD she wanted :P
Burton Custom 158 ('06) / Ride Timeless 164 ('07)
         Jump to Top
K
Scotland
#17  Re: :)  6 Nov '05 at 08:33
Hey Steve,
I'm working for Esprit this season and heading out on the 30th Nov aswell, we're all going out to Val though at the start right? Not sure where Im going yet though but im a snow ranger!

Ive never been away from my family either over christmas....we're having a mini christmas on the 20th Nov before i go!!

Kirsty xx
         Jump to Top
Sparky86
#18  Re: Anyone heading to La Plagne with Esprit?  6 Nov '05 at 09:36
I'm not sure where we're heading out... i think i'm heading out to les arcs for the training, but i haven't actually heard anything from Esprit about where the training is so might be Val... just have to wait and see i guess
         Jump to Top
rodent
From Vail back to London
#19  Re: Anyone heading to La Plagne with Esprit?  6 Nov '05 at 19:16
just written an essay on teh other esprit montchavin thread =- have spent 2 summers there for esprit....
         Jump to Top
Sparky86
#20  Re: Anyone heading to La Plagne with Esprit?  6 Nov '05 at 19:20
yeh, just read your other thread. sounds like it'll be good there, especially as there's a few esprit chalets close so there'll be more people to meet and get to know
         Jump to Top
rodent
From Vail back to London
#21  Re: Anyone heading to La Plagne with Esprit?  6 Nov '05 at 19:24
Think there are about 5 this year, but most are larger ones.... usually all live around and about teh resort, but its so small you're never far from home which is good....... Alan who runs the pub is a wicked guy - get to know him!!!! (always assuming he is still there - haven't been there for 2 years!!!!)
         Jump to Top
Sparky86
#22  Re: Anyone heading to La Plagne with Esprit?  6 Nov '05 at 19:25
will befriending him get me any added benefits? although if it's near to the chalet/accomodation i'm sure i'll be in there most of the time so will get to know him anyway
         Jump to Top
coise105
#23  Re: Anyone heading to La Plagne with Esprit?  9 Nov '05 at 12:48
Hey, I'm working with Esprit this season, leaving for the French Alps on the 30th and probably going to be placed in Austria, don't know where exactly though!
Not sure if I'm alone on this one, but I feel really unprepared as to everything we need to take/luggage allowences etc. Ah well, I guess I'll find out soon enough, it's all come around so quickly!
As for the christmas thing, I personally can't think of a better place to spend it, we never get a white xmas here. Although I'm not really looking forward to working on my birthday...meh.
How come you know which chalet you're going to be working in btw? I was told we don't get placed until after the training course =S
(Sorry for the extensive post)
         Jump to Top
Sparky86
#24  Re: Anyone heading to La Plagne with Esprit?  9 Nov '05 at 17:49
i've been "provisionally allocated" my chalet, so whether i work there or not actually depends on the outcome of the training week, so that's how i know about my chalet. and just think - loads of other people have to work their birthdays, but you'll have a special one cos you'll be wrokin at a ski resort and you'll be able to go skiing too! now how often can you do that for a birthday :P
         Jump to Top
rodent
From Vail back to London
#25  Re: Anyone heading to La Plagne with Esprit?  10 Nov '05 at 08:24
Sparky - which chalet??? The Mont Blanc is i think the nicest...... the font of hell (fontanelle) is probably not the best. The Versoye is OK as has sitting / dining room with good kitchen. The rooms have lots of beds on mezzanines which is a pain to hoover tho.......

Not sure about Bovate or Saboya tho, they are further in the centre than the others which are on the top street (takes about 2 minutes between them though!)

Birthdays all good - especiallly if yours is on the wednesday as thurs is usually day off!!!
         Jump to Top
Sparky86
#26  Re: Anyone heading to La Plagne with Esprit?  10 Nov '05 at 08:26
surely the "font of hell" can't be THAT bad.... please say it's not cos that is my chalet lol
         Jump to Top
rodent
From Vail back to London
#27  Re: Anyone heading to La Plagne with Esprit?  10 Nov '05 at 09:17

To be honest, I have never been inside it, just know of its reputation from past esprit workers!!! In reality, I think it is no worse than any other esprit chalet in the resort!!! Good location tho - on the top road of the resort just 2 minutes from the main lift area and just down one set of steps to Alan's bar! It used to be run by Simply Ski about 4 years ago.... You are about 15 seconds from the Versoye and about a minute from the Mont Blanc - ideal for borrowing stuff you run out of!!
         Jump to Top
Sparky86
#28  Re: Anyone heading to La Plagne with Esprit?  10 Nov '05 at 09:19
ahh wicked, that sounds good. i've heard alot about Alan's bar......
         Jump to Top
ballyhoo
#29  Re: Anyone heading to La Plagne with Esprit?  10 Nov '05 at 09:22
Fontanelle is quite hard work. I worked there for a few weeks at the begining of one season, while waiting for my chalet to open. The main problem is the staff accom that's in it - in the basement, one very small window, and we had four of us living there.
It's a modern building so cleaning isn't too hard, but there are a lot of stairs, and it lacks atmosphere. Hopefully there are some new sofas in there, because the old ones were shocking!
         Jump to Top
Sparky86
#30  Re: Anyone heading to La Plagne with Esprit?  10 Nov '05 at 09:24
but im guessin only some of the staff stay in the accomodation in there... there cant be enough for everyone to stay in there! oh, and if you've worked in it before, u remember how many ppl roughly there are who are allocated just for that chalet?
         Jump to Top

< Prev Next >
Latest Posts
- Female Bartender Wanted
- Bar staff wanted for a bar in a French ski sresort
- What am I doing wrong!
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- Appartment available for seaon in La Joue du Loup
- INTERVIEW with workaseason as a KP/NP
- Kitchen assistant interview with workaseason
- Skype interview
- Do you need a Food Hygiene Certificate for Chalet