Alps working visa with Australian Passport 16/17 //

Author
  Topic Started By:  Art Vandelay    On:  Tue 21st June, 2016 at 10:44
Art Vandelay
#2  Alps working visa with Australian Passport 16/17  21 Jun '16 at 10:44
I'm a 23yo with an Australian passport trying to find almost any kind of work in the Alps. I can speak basic French and German, not quite fluent. I need advice for how to apply for work and can't make heads or tails of the government websites and have read more ski forums than you can poke a stick at. Ideally I'd like to have a job sorted before heading over there.

1) UK Working Visa
To get a job through the UK-based agencies, you need a NI number, which I can only apply for once I've got a working visa. As far as I can see the Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa is the one I need but you can only apply for this maximum 3 months before starting work. Also some companies have replied to me saying you need to have paid contributions to the UK system in previous employment.

2) French Working Visa
This seems like the best option but looks like you need your future employer to sponsor you for the application.

If anyone could help me out at all please let me know!
         Jump to Top
Wadoss
#3  Re: Alps working visa with Australian Passport 16/17  2 Aug '16 at 12:27
In reply to Art Vandelay (Post #2)
Hi Art,

Also an Aussie trying to get a job in the Alps for this upcoming season but seem to keep on running to walls with all the recruitment companies hiring UK/EU passport holders only.
Not 100% sure of the next step, have been looking at snowboard instructor courses but they are all quite expensive for something that I will probably only do for 1 season.
A german friend recommended the Austrian ski and snowboard club (OSV) but they don't open for the winter until next week the 8th.
Good luck!
         Jump to Top
dave95
#4  Re: Alps working visa with Australian Passport 16/17  16 Nov '16 at 08:54
In reply to Wadoss (Post #3)
Did either of you guys find any information on this?

I'm also an Aussie looking at heading to Europe for the 17/18 season and i'm just trying to get an idea as to whether Austria is an option?
         Jump to Top
OLD MAN OF LECH
Administrator
TRAVELING
#5  Re: Alps working visa with Australian Passport 16/17  20 Nov '16 at 23:58
You guy's might be better off trying for a Canadian working visa. Lots of Aussies go to work over there every winter. If you don't have an EU passport, as you have found it is hard. If wanting to work for a UK TO they will all ask for EU passport UK bank a/c and NI number.
         Jump to Top

Latest Posts
- Who Are the 19 Worst Guests in a Ski Chalet?
- Looking for roommate St.Anton season 17/18
- Morzine beds available
- Need a ride to Tignes from Geneva airport tomorrow
- This season, I'm off to...
- Ski Lift operator Jobs
- French speaking male bar staff required!
- Chef/Kitchen Staff Wanted in Les 2 Alpes
- Topic: Sharing seasonal accommodation 2017/18
- lift to any french resort